New Canadian legal patient needs to source grow gear at reasonable price

buzzbom

I have to buy gear for a veg and flower tent. Tents, lights, reflectors, fans.

Where is the best place for a Canadian to buy this type of gear online? Online Cnd stores? Or what about sourcing from online US stores and shipping?

Also curious if 420 Sales are worth waiting for. I won't get my license for 3 months so I can be patient.

And I'm located in Calgary and I scoped out the stores here but wasn't impressed.

growlights canada has full kits from around $450 with basics if you're looking for a tent setup. Depending on how many plants you're allowed to grow, you'll want to get a tent that fits that amount of plants. You only have to provide the grow medium which can be sourced out at local nurseries/greenhouses if you decide to do soil.

US shops have better prices even with the bad exchange rate but shipping absolutely kills it to the point that it's not worth it after duty and import fees. You might find someone willing to work with you on how they ship it to you. Prices tend to be high in local grow shops, they have pesky rent to pay and Ive seen some LED setups being sold for thousands of dollars which are vastly overpriced.

Even used equipment on sites like kijiji is a hit and miss with people trying to offload stuff they paid too much for when you could spend the same amount online for new equipment. I think the prices of equipment are only going to go up as time goes forward. It's honestly worth spending on above average equipment as you'll get your money's worth in a single grow.

Thanks guys for the info. It WAS exactly what I was looking for. But I managed to find a local guy on kijiji selling a lot of gear that he bought in January but could not keep it. I have 3 secret jardin tents now. 8x8, 4x4 and 2x2. I'll be getting 2x600 watt hps kits with cool tubes, 8 inch inline fan, filter, circulation fans, nutes, pots etc later this week from the same guy.

I just received my gear from grow lights canada. Im bought 2 of their 1680d tents and am pretty happy with the quality. They are comparable to some much more expensive tents Ive seen set up. Ill have pics of them up in my grow journal later today.

How sturdy are the frames on those tents? The website says they can handle 60 lbs, and that seems to me to be a little lightweight.

Thanks guys for the info. It WAS exactly what I was looking for. But I managed to find a local guy on kijiji selling a lot of gear that he bought in January but could not keep it. I have 3 secret jardin tents now. 8x8, 4x4 and 2x2. I'll be getting 2x600 watt hps kits with cool tubes, 8 inch inline fan, filter, circulation fans, nutes, pots etc later this week from the same guy.

Just a suggestion, it sounds like an excellent kit, but with 600 watts I doubt you'll be using the 2 X 2 tent very much. You might also consider a 600 Watt MH bulb for veg stage if your ballast can handle that type of bulb. The HPS will work but your plants might not get a tall as they could be (color temperature is too low around 2500 to 3000 K).

How sturdy are the frames on those tents? The website says they can handle 60 lbs, and that seems to me to be a little lightweight.

I have one LED grow light panel that weighs between 30 and 35 pounds. Add a carbon filter and fan setup and I'd be over that limit. And... as recently as 50 years ago, companies were still over-building and underrating their products - but now days, I'd start worrying if I approached a product's specified limit, lol, instead of assuming that I could easily go "a little" over.

Back
Top Bottom