New Coco mix - Coco experts please guide me!

GhettyGreen184

Hello 420,

First, Iv've been looking online, researching an alternative coco blend to spice things up for the next run!
I have been grwing with coco regularly for 3-4 seasons now. However, I have only done a coco/perlite mix...

All I really need is to know if im on the right track with this new setup idea....

Please tell me If i messed up nutes, whether I do need or dont need this or that and whether or not my coco blend will be proper or whether I am over-doing it...

Mix (I saw a grower named bunkerman had been using this same blend for years, but I want opinions!)
CoCo Gro Coir ............50%
Chunky Perlite............30%
FF Ocean Forest.........7.5%
FF Light Warrior..........7.5%
BioBizz PreMix.............3%
Bat Guano..................2%
----------------------------(Not sure about these products below.. Should I K.I.S.S. or add these into the mix?
(Steamed Bone Meal) yes/no?
(Blood Meal) yes/no?
(Epson Salt) yes/no?
(Azomite) yes/no?

With this exact blend would I still need a ph range of 5.8-6.2 as for the coco or would I be leaning more towards a 6.5-6.7 because this blend has soil in it...

Also, is it safe to pre-treat the coco blend with a light neem and light superthrive drench before transplanting.. I usually see good results doing this in soil-less.
Should I also pre-treat the clean coco with 1/4 strength cal/mag?

Nutrients Regimine (I've used all the Canna line with awesome results but never in unison with other products, is any of this unneccesary?)

Canna Coco A+B
Adv. Nut. Cal/Mag
Canna Rhizotonic
Canna Cannazyme
Adv. Nut. Bud Blood (1-2 treatments at start of 12/12 cycle)
Humboldt's Snow Storm Ultra
Canna Pk 13-14
Adv. Nut. Big Bud (Unfirmiliar with this in Coco, does anyone have input on using this?)
Organic Molasses (Final few weeks and first week of flush. Final Flush with RO only)

PLEASE 420, LEND ME YOUR OPINIONS, CRITIQUES AND ADVICE!! :thanks:

Re: New Coco mix.. Coco experts please guide me!!

Looking at the Sunshine #4 mix now.. Is that an additive to the coco mix or is it its own blend ready to go?

Hello 420,

First, Iv've been looking online, researching an alternative coco blend to spice things up for the next run!
I have been grwing with coco regularly for 3-4 seasons now. However, I have only done a coco/perlite mix...

All I really need is to know if im on the right track with this new setup idea....

Please tell me If i messed up nutes, whether I do need or dont need this or that and whether or not my coco blend will be proper or whether I am over-doing it...

Mix (I saw a grower named bunkerman had been using this same blend for years, but I want opinions!)
CoCo Gro Coir ............50%
Chunky Perlite............30%
FF Ocean Forest.........7.5%
FF Light Warrior..........7.5%
BioBizz PreMix.............3%
Bat Guano..................2%
----------------------------(Not sure about these products below.. Should I K.I.S.S. or add these into the mix?
(Steamed Bone Meal) yes/no?
(Blood Meal) yes/no?
(Epson Salt) yes/no?
(Azomite) yes/no?

With this exact blend would I still need a ph range of 5.8-6.2 as for the coco or would I be leaning more towards a 6.5-6.7 because this blend has soil in it...

Also, is it safe to pre-treat the coco blend with a light neem and light superthrive drench before transplanting.. I usually see good results doing this in soil-less.
Should I also pre-treat the clean coco with 1/4 strength cal/mag?

Nutrients Regimine (I've used all the Canna line with awesome results but never in unison with other products, is any of this unneccesary?)

Canna Coco A+B
Adv. Nut. Cal/Mag
Canna Rhizotonic
Canna Cannazyme
Adv. Nut. Bud Blood (1-2 treatments at start of 12/12 cycle)
Humboldt's Snow Storm Ultra
Canna Pk 13-14
Adv. Nut. Big Bud (Unfirmiliar with this in Coco, does anyone have input on using this?)
Organic Molasses (Final few weeks and first week of flush. Final Flush with RO only)

PLEASE 420, LEND ME YOUR OPINIONS, CRITIQUES AND ADVICE!! :thanks:

There is no need to add anything to coco but some perlite. I like the large perlite chunks. The plan is that the plant gets all the nutes from the hydroponic solution. When you start adding to the substrate you add a lot of variables and you make your life harder.

Canna is a good nutrient but you have to add iron. I would not use there coco however. I think floranova grow is a good coco nutrient, and I have had good success with the b'cuzz brand coco.

My plants in coco-perlite 50/50 all stay green and grow big, both regular and autos.

All I do to treat coco.

Mix water in a 30 gallon tote, about half full. I ph to 5.8. I add 100ppm of calmag plus by botanicare. That is usually it, but sometimes I add 5ml of vf-11 per gallon and some humic acid.

I add botanicare cocogro brick because they are cheap and gritty and work great. I let it site for a day if I can, but for at least an hour.

I then water every other watering with 100ppm of calmag plus.

I keep it simple stoner.

Back
Top Bottom