New England outdoor grow

Cmitch55

Hi all Cmitch here with another question for the pros...I originally started this years outdoor grow sometime in early may...Let a few plants grow outdoors up until I found that my efforts were all for nothing because both my big plants were males. Sometime in the first 2 weeks of june I started a few more plants and they have been growing since then...Now according to my research right now they get about 13hrs of sun 11hrs of dark a day where I am located... both I am growing now are mystery plants but I believe they are more indica because of their bushy structure, fatter leaves, and darker green pigment...From what I read indicas take anywhere from 7-9weeks flowering...my plants haven't shown pistils yet but I have pulled males which makes me believe that the 2 im left with are females...My question is do these girls still have enough time or will the up coming fall/ winter take them out before I can harvest...indoor growing just isn't an option right now and I would hate for these girls to go to waste...Thanks for the time
~cmitch55

Hey Mitch.. Um let's see it's gonna be real close.... I grew up in MA...and knowing the weather patterns if I can remember correctly.. Some halloweens where wicked cold.... If they don't show pistols for another week or two I think your in big trouble......even indices are a good 8 weeks.....so that's two months and that's November.... So nahhhh.... Sorry....my man ...:ciao:

Hey Cmitch, how you man?
I live in an area with weather and season very similar to New England, and having the same probs. Haven't been to check on it for a while though so not sure right now. I know 2 week ago it had tiny pistils so it had started, just. But mine is a first for outdoor and was more of an experiment for the climate here, its also a crappy bush/ditch plant so gonna be rubbish anyway.
But to help you a bit, my idea with mine is, because its an experiment im not bothered and whatever i get im goin to turn into hash anyway with all the better leaves of indoor girls when they done. So maybe learn from this one and send it through some Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, or ice or even butane whichever method suits you.
It'l save you just leaving it to die.
Then next year get starins made for your area like, durban poison, purple power, big bud and time warp. All these strains grow great outdoor in cold/warm New/old England lol and all great weeds.
Hope this help bro :peace:

As far north as you are I'm afraid you won't have time. In my experience, clones will flower much faster than seed grown plants. At least that is what I am seeing here in the NorCal region of the Sierra Nevada. All my clones have been in natural flower outdoors since late July, but none of the plants raised from seed are even close to a week 2 level. No flower tops at all!

Our first rains come in early October with frosts in early November, so I am probably going to be SOL on mine too. The smallest of these is 7 feet tall with the other two approaching 10, so no way to flower them indoors.

If you can get clones next season, try that instead or plant indoors in March and move them outside after chance of frost is past.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

I live in New England and if you grow outdoors your plant have to be mature before June 22. So a good 6-10 weeks before that is the window to sprout depending on strain.

Back
Top Bottom