New England Outdoor Growillas

actually my first grow i had a problem with fungus knats. i didnt notice a huge affect they had on the plants but they were just anooying to know thety were flying arou8nd making babies and shit. what i did wascover the top of my soil with some sand cuz they like chillin on the surface of the soil and i also put up those sticky fly bug traps this did the trick for me. ;)

I got the same type of thing going on, my last grow, indoors, I had fungus knats the whole time basically. Like you said I diddnt notice any damage eithor. I always seem to get spider mites @ some point, but I can pretty much keep them under control. But these fungus knats are a pain in the ass. They drive me crazy just seeing them all jumping around. I tried, not sand but horticultural bard mulch, and it helped, but not completely. I got to try the sand this time. get rid of those little bastards!:thanks:

I wouldn't even waste the time trying to grow in New England unless you have a good greenhouse, the tempatures at night get way to cold even in the summer I live in RI but I know plenty of people who have greenhouses and that works fine for them
But it is a big investment.
Me I grow indoors year round.
:peace:

I wouldn't even waste the time trying to grow in New England unless you have a good greenhouse, the tempatures at night get way to cold even in the summer I live in RI but I know plenty of people who have greenhouses and that works fine for them
But it is a big investment.
Me I grow indoors year round.
:peace:

Hiya NEParmer ;)
I have to say one thing about northern grows.It is totally possible.
When I lived in Michigan we stumbled upon an outdoor grow way out in the big woods.
Some of the dankest stuff I've seen to date.Huge foot long purple buds.
Males reaching 15ft. tall.
My point being,if you plant after the last frost you will be good to go.
The farmers almanac is a good resource for planting times.
Good luck! :peace:

If that was the case, nobody would be able to grow up here. I know that I had a 12 ft monster all last year, and some smaller girls that I put out later that did great till Sept. The smaller ones were fine, but the monster had broken limbs, and bud rot on the huge buds. I was able to harvest some. I know for a fact you can grow outdoors here, you just need early finishers or autoflowering strains. It also gets cold in BC but it doesnt seem like they have any probs. We had a major storm last year right before I was going to harvest and it did a lot of damage. Had I staked the big branches I would have been in alot better shape. This year I plan to spend more time (especially after any rain when theres buds) shaking off excess moisture or somehow cover them before storms, if possible.

in my expiercence always my biggest fastest growing ones were the males. then the little ones i didnt think were even worth my time turned out female.

back to the greenhouse i was thinking myself of gettin g a tiny one just so i can start my seedling and clones in there till there a little bigger and more adapted to the climate. i hate going to my patches and seeing that a dam dear or rabbit stole my babies

I hear ya, I saw some new g.h.s that you can completly make light tite with one switch. That would be the best option, their opaque too so people cant see whats going on inside, they look like a shed. Proberly expensive though.

Feel free to add info about what you guys are up to, I wanted this thread to be a collaberative effort. A place where we can help each other out in our region. Seems like its not catching on as planned. Ill try to put up some pics to make it a little more interesting. Feel free to do the same.

Back
Top Bottom