New England Outdoor Growillas

gonna get more snow what the f**k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you could say the same for this past winter! :tokin:

Great thread - I know it died out but it gave me some strains to consider. Did you ever narrow down which strain you would grow outdoor in the NE?

:thanks:
:peace:

I'm gonna try to put out a bunch of auto's this year, as well as Hollands Hope, Fourway, and anything else I can get my hands on this year that finishes early. How about you?

I'm gonna try to put out a bunch of auto's this year, as well as Hollands Hope, Fourway, and anything else I can get my hands on this year that finishes early. How about you?

I just ordered some Easy Sativa from Female Seeds (Attitude), but I just read that you have to veg for 8 weeks - what the heck does that mean. Wish I read the description a little closer as I have no clue what to do. I intend to start indoors and then transport to the growzilla site. What? I need to veg these things indoors for 8 weeks and then put them in a windowless panel van for 1.5 hr drive. That sounds like a Cheech and Chong movie in the making, and freaking dangerous.

Unless I can get a reasonable suggestion from someone on this site, I think I am just going to order something else and save the Easy Sativa for next year. The suggestions of Vantage and Endless Sky seem promising.

Anyway, I have two friends that will take about 8 plants each and a handful of others that will plant one or two on their properties. However it shakes out I'm growing outdoors this summer and hopefully it won't be like all the other times I have grown outdoors - a dismal failure!

:tokin:

The "veg for 8 weeks" simply means that the plants are best if they remain in vegitave growth for at least 8 weeks, if you start them indoors, then transfer them to your site you will be fine, as they will continue to veg when they are at your site. What you want to look at is the flowering time, as that is what will tell you if there is a good chance that they will make it in time. You want a strain that will finish in say 7 or 8 weeks. The autoflowers are a good option, because they will flower when regular plants are still in veg. They flower by age, as opposed to by light. In other words, an auto will flower on its own based on a time period, and a regular plant needs 12 hrs of darkness to begin flowering. I'm planning on growing some of those this year, another benifit to them is you can have multiple harvests throught the summer, depending on when you plant them.
Let me know what your up to and I will try to help you out any way I can.

Here is the description for Easy Sativa off the Attitude site:

Female Seeds Easy Sativa: It's all in the name, an easy new-style sativa variety for in the greenhouse and outdoors. One of the best outdoor bud producers in Holland! Most of Easy Sativa flower under 18 hrs light and start flowering half July and reward you with a gigantic amount of large buds in September. There is some variation in bud shape and taste (between spicy and sweet), but all a clear sativa high. Well worth a try! Our test results for batch # FS-ES-0503: good outdoor/greenhouse performance, needs to be vegged at least 8 wks. Easy Sativa cannabis seeds are unreliable indoors.

So help me think this through: They grow it in Holland which is north of my latitude - weather wise its a good match for my location. If I had 11 ES Fem seeds and wanted to get these into the soil by June 1st then I need to start these around mid April. This would give me 2 weeks seedling stage (may 1st), 4 weeks veg inside (June 1st) and transferred outside for 4-6 weeks veg. My guess is the height would be around This schedule would put me in bloom around mid-July with a total of 8-10 weeks of veg. Finished vegged height would be 12"-16" which is manageable for transport - this height figure is a total guess. Make sense?

:thanks:

I still need to get some more seeds. Found several seed producers of Hollands Hope on Attitude - which seed company did go with? Fourway by Sensi Seeds? Very nice. I would love to get those Endless Sky seeds but I really don't want to plunk down that much money for this project.

I was looking at Super Cali-Haze and a few other auto-flowers. I have 5 Easy Ryders fem, 10 Blue Himalaya Diesels reg but I would rather do them indoors.

Decisions, decision...:tokin:

Another option is to start some fems now and get a bunch of clones ready for when you plan on transfering them to your spot. Thats what I do, I take clones, and put them in keg cups for transfer. I ordered the H.H. from the single seeds web site. I also have some of Subcools Pandoras Box which I planned on doing indoors, but I will proberly throw afew clones outdoors as well to see if they will make it. Then I got some some II Diavlo, and some Fruity Chronic Juice that were freebies, so I'll give them a try too.
But yeah, your timeline seems to be about right, and remeber, if they start to get large before your ready to transfer them you can train them or top them to help manage the size.

Another option is to start some fems now and get a bunch of clones ready for when you plan on transfering them to your spot. Thats what I do, I take clones, and put them in keg cups for transfer. I ordered the H.H. from the single seeds web site. I also have some of Subcools Pandoras Box which I planned on doing indoors, but I will proberly throw afew clones outdoors as well to see if they will make it. Then I got some some II Diavlo, and some Fruity Chronic Juice that were freebies, so I'll give them a try too.
But yeah, your timeline seems to be about right, and remeber, if they start to get large before your ready to transfer them you can train them or top them to help manage the size.

Do you think I have enough time to turn that around? Isn't June 1st the target date or do you plant sooner?

I hear good things about TGA Subcools seeds - I'll have to check that out. I just planted an Il Diavolo - 13 days today.

I just found Female Seeds website - you can imagine how many hits come back on google when you search for "female seeds". Anyway, they offer the following as more info:

The best sowing time is mid April to mid May. We wouldn't recommend pre-growing them indoors, because they are semi-auto-flowering and this would cause them to start flowering in May outdoors. They need the longer days and intensive midsummer sun to keep them in growth.

This is a bit confusing - does that preclude the cloning approach you're suggesting? Or is that what they mean by "pre-growing."

The Female Seed company has its own site - unbelievably they sell seeds for an unmentionable cactus that grows in the Rio Grande valley. :tokin:

Well, the problem with the auto's is that they dont clone well, if at all. When I mentioned the cloning, I was refering to regular strains, not autoflowering strains. Thats the one thing that kind of sucks about autos, it would be great if we could crank out a shit load od clones from them and throw them all over the place. They stay nice and small so their very dicreat, as well as the fact that people arent looking for plants at that time of the year, since regular strains wouldnt even be flowering when auto could be finishing. So for the auto's, you can start them a little later, but I would still recomend starting them indoors, and once they are strong enough tat you know they will survive the elements, you can transfer them to your spot. I will proberly start my autos in the begining of May, and transfer them after a couple of weeks. I will strengthen the stems by keeping a fan lightly blowing on them while indoors, and harden them off by slowly introducing them to the natural sunlight a few hours each day. The other option is to just plant them outdoors, but they will have a better chance of survival if started indoors. I am about to start the regular strains that I plan on cloning to put outdoors. This way I will have time to get them going and try to get as many clones as I can together to transport out to my spot. Hope this helps.
Peace,
NEPharmer

I only have the one Diavlo for now for the autos, but I have some Blue Mystics, Pandoras Box, Hollands Hope, Fruity Chronic Juice, and Fourway, some of those are female, and some are regular.

I'm going to start them up very soon, I'm planning on doing a bunch of strains, all orgainic in soil, started indoors, then transplanted outdoors when the weather is warm enough. I want to get them going now and multiply them with clones in small pots or keg cups to make transplanting to my spots easier. I'm not sure if some of the strains will make it, but its worth a try. I also was just gifted some more strains that I will be running indoors and out, Power Plant 96, Woody Kush bx2, chocalope x grape ape, Blue Hawaiian, a cross of Hawaiian King Kona and DJ shorts Blueberry bx5. Should be interesting!

hey bro whats up looks like your thread pretty much died out what happened. are you preparing for out doors this year. i got 16 inch tall babies already might put some pictures up when i start my guerrilla thread.

Yeah man, this threads really old, but anyway, I got a buddy out in CO thats hooking me up with all kinds of genetics. Some really killer strains, pretty much whatever i want. As for outdoors this year, so far I got 4 2ft Fourway plants going at y spot. I wanted to go bigger, but my time is very limited right now. But, I'm gonna try to take good care of these and go for a big harvest. Hopefully I can get a few more clones and throw them out as well.

Yeah man, this threads really old, but anyway, I got a buddy out in CO thats hooking me up with all kinds of genetics. Some really killer strains, pretty much whatever i want. As for outdoors this year, so far I got 4 2ft Fourway plants going at y spot. I wanted to go bigger, but my time is very limited right now. But, I'm gonna try to take good care of these and go for a big harvest. Hopefully I can get a few more clones and throw them out as well.
what do you have for genetics now

I'm going to start them up very soon, I'm planning on doing a bunch of strains, all orgainic in soil, started indoors, then transplanted outdoors when the weather is warm enough. I want to get them going now and multiply them with clones in small pots or keg cups to make transplanting to my spots easier. I'm not sure if some of the strains will make it, but its worth a try. I also was just gifted some more strains that I will be running indoors and out, Power Plant 96, Woody Kush bx2, chocalope x grape ape, Blue Hawaiian, a cross of Hawaiian King Kona and DJ shorts Blueberry bx5. Should be interesting!

I got the strains I mentioned here, as well as Pandoras Box, II Diavlo, Hollands Hope, Fruity Chronic Juice, and Blue Mystic. I think thats it, but I now have easy access to a ton of strains now, my buddy is good friends with the Medical Cannibis Cup winner for best sativa. I'm puting together a list of strains for him to sed me now.

As far as my plans from above, I didnt have the time to get all of the other strains going, so I only put out my four Fourway mothers. I'm thinking its too late for e to start seeds for outdoors now, so I got to wait until I get a new grow spot going.

Helicopter spotted my plants while searching for sombody. All were chopped down! All I have left is one container plant in a backyard of a friend. I'm soooo disapointed! I had those plants going since December and they were HUGE! This sucks!

Back
Top Bottom