New England Outdoor Growillas

Hey surf, I havnt been hitting the site lately, but to answer your question, its was 6 giant plants that got chopped last summer. I had vegged them indoors for a few months before bringing them out mid spring. They were about 3ft tall after being hevily trained using LST. I had high hopes for those, but oh well, you win some you lose some I guess.
Do you have anything going, or any plans for this year?

sup all and most importantly sup nepharmer. ive been hovering around this forum for sometime now, i am apart of another grow community, and thought i should join this one as well. i live in new england also and i am currently planning an outdoor grow. ill probably be askin you alot of question nepharmer so u can help me out. i am not new to cannabis growing so it will just be small simple questions. other then that i know a good amount about growing. nice to me you all.

Im an Eastcoast grower but never did outdoors before...also I'm a hydro guy so its def. Gonna be a new experience with this outdoor thing

Lol it would be something to see but no I'm just digging holes and filling with amended soil as my natural soil is almost 100% clay...and just planting directly in the ground

oo ic no doubt. dont know how well it will work but i plan on putting a hempy bucket in a bucket to collect the overflow from the hempy so i wont have to worry about underwatering, and i plan on burying my hempy bucket so the water in it stays nice and cool and dosent evaporate as well.

I came close to planting outdoors around mid April but then the weather has been freakishly changing so I decided to wait until it smooths out a bit probably in the next week or two though, should have them in the ground.... I had planned on the first week of April to plant so I had started my clones about half way through March so they would have nice roots by the time I put them out and now they're 2'+ they are going to be MONSTERS

yea good think y'all held of on april, they would of been miserable. ill do a journal, waiting on my slh clones to root. im going to have to harden them off and all that fun stuff. u lucky guys got a head start. i wish u all the best this year!

lets keep this thread kicking

you guys seen many helicopters? have seen a couple around my area, im not too too worried as i took my chance with obly one plant, and luckily got a female. but shes about 3.5 feet tall and pretty bushy. its in a pot so i can move it fairly easily if i do get spooked. always in the back of my mind that some ones gonna spot it though, cant imagine how paranoid im gonna be when we start flowering!

havent seen heli's either. mine are about 2.5 to 3 ft. 2 have already showed sexs. i got 2 fems in 1 pot, now for the other 6 to show hopefully there all girls too. have any of ur plants showed sex yet guys?!?! i performed a very late fimming 2 weeks ago, its slowly but surely growing back. should of done it much much earlier. ill post some pics asap for u guys to check out.

Hey NEPharmer, I'm just up the street from you! HA It is a challenge up here but it is very possible. I guess that makes it that much more rewarding though. I havent seen any copters yet but they are due anytime now. I have to worry about hikers and hunters more than anything else. when are your first and last frost dates? Mine are June 1st and Sept. 20 but have had the first come as late as the first week of Oct.
I tried a reveg this year and it is almost ready to harvest. It has buds from the ground up and was flowering all summer long. Really cool to watch this happen. I plan to repeat this again. I have a closet grow room to do a winter grow. Really helps to keep cabin fever at bay if you know what I mean! I hope we can bounce things off each other since I really don't have any grow buddies just consuming ones! Later and good growing.

Hey Kgg, it sounds like you got a good grow going, feel free to throw any pic's up if u want. I'm regretting that I never got any plants out this year as last year my regular spot got ripped! So needless to say I was nervous. I do have a fairly good sized indoor grow that just about done that a partner and I went into together. All of those are doing good, but their alot smaller than I'm used to.
It's good to hear from another local guy, there isn't too many around he's that I know about. Anything I can do to help u out, just ask!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Yeah man, I'll help u out any way I can, I'm just finishing up an indoor grow right now. My buddy and I are going to make a few changes to the grow room to improve it a little, then throw the plants we have veging in to the improved flower room. We will take some clones from those plants to become our mother plants. That way we have other plants ready to rock as soon as we harvest.
What style are you thinking about using for your room? Do you have any of the gear that you will need? If so, what type of lights will you use? I have a little experiance using all types, but I currently use 600-1000w hps for flowering, with 600-1000w my for veg, I also throw in a 90w UFO led in to add a little extra and a different spectrum.
I'm thinking about trying some new strains out soon too, but I havnt made up my mind on what else I want to order just yet. But anyway, good to hear from you, and let me know what I can do help you out. You gotta get that room up and running, growing is a fun and rewarding hobby!! If I had it my way I'd fill every room with plants, but I don't, so I'll take what I can.lol
Peace,
NEPharmer

Hi. Got a question? Never grew outdoors around here in SE New England. I'm here in MA. A friend had a plant in his yard and no idea what to do with it. He has no knowledge to work with. Anyway, he asked for my help. I thought of it as any other grow but I didn't take into consideration the weather changes in this area. She's well into flowering, but still not near the end. What's gonna happen now that this weather has turned cold?
You're help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom