New face 1st grow ever sugg open - open up

turbotech

hey guys finally found the perfect site that will help me guide through my first grow as I smoke on regular bases for many different reasons. i am here to learn and open for everyones opinion to make me a better grower. I had built my own grow box out of ply wood. the box measures 4ft long by 4ft wide by5 ft tall. making it 70 cubic ft I total.. I painted the inside of the box flat white. added a bathroom exhaust fan on top. planning to have 8 w cfl daylight cfl which have 1800 lumens a piece, I will also add 4 more around the sides..all this for veg as ill switch to softer cfls and add 2 150w hps bulbs along with the cfls... I plan to grow 4-6 plants. I am going to mount 2-3 small 6 inch fans on the sides....my questions are:is the box big enough for 6 plants..and of course indice for small growthis the lights enough lightwill the fan air circulation be a lot of problem since the box is in my room and my room stays at temp 68-76% and 30-50 humidity...not too concerned with smell..I jst wanna make sure I have enough spce for 6 plants and enough lights..im open to every suggestions and ideas as to upgrading my box..i am not a expert and I am jst learning little by little everyday. I have this same post on FAQ with pics if u would oike to look. I apologize for double posting.. as I am jst trying to get as many as ideas and siggestions possible rhanks you

Re: New face 1st grow ever sugg open.... open up

howdy and welcome
i am no expert but 4x4 seems room enough but the height may be touchy
i bump your post we gonna get some elders attention
take care and good luck
i apologize if i responded to the wrong post
take care and good luck

Welcome to :420:, Turbo

Your box sounds cool. Good on ya for the DIY. the 16sq feet that is your floor will be more than enough for 6 plants. With 5' height you may run into some problems... You know what though, people grow these things in some tiny places. How long of a veg time are you planning on? That will greatly effect the overall height of the plant, unfortunately it also effects yield as well. Also, look into LST or Low Stress Training. A shorter veg and some LST and you should be fine. Good luck, friend.

HIGH EVERYONE MY NAME IS BUCK BUT EVERYBODY CALLS ME SIR SMOKE A LOT!!!! LIKE MOST OF YOU Im NEW TO THE GAME AS WELL. AND LIKE YOU ALL FIND THIS TO BE A VERY INFORMATIVE SITE. RECENTLY I BROUGHT A 4 X 4 X 78 GROW TENT A VS400 LIGHT KIT A 4' INLINE FAN WITH FILTER SOME PURBS SEEDS & IM STILL LOST SO DONT BE TO HARD ON YOURSELF. I ALSO WANNA DO 6 TO 8 PLANTS WHAT IS THIS LST & HOW DOES IT WORK.

Back
Top Bottom