New fan in grow box? tips burning?

The Prof

Just added the fan today in my grow room and I was wondering what intervals I should leave it on and off or on all the time?? Also the tips of my leaves are turnin splotchy yellow..I raised the lights higher today by 2-3 inches becuase they were already a foot over the plants..should that solve the problem?? Thanks alot..Peace

Re: New fan in grow box?? tips burning??

4 flourscent fulls started with 2 CFLs but it kept burning so I took one out and now it combines to 140 watts

If you only see damage on the tips then it sounds more like nutrient burn than the lights burning them. Flouros. should never burn the plant even 2"-3" away from the leaves, and espescially not from over a foot away.

Well I was thinkin maybe the CFLs were burning them..theyre planted in Miracle Grow Organic Choice potting mix..How would I fix a nutrient burn??

Your question mostly would depend how old the plant is and when are ya about to flower. I would personally just keep on going as long as its only the tips and older leaf growth. Some people might say flush but I doubt that would be very helpful to you since its in the soil as a time release formula. Others might say transplant but your gonna have to use nutes sooner or later.
Just how bad is this burning?

its mainly older leaves...the newer leaves are very green and seem to be growing good..They are about 3 weeks Old and it seems to not be burning so bad lately..but I'll watch it close 2nite and ill be able to tell if they continue to burn..I'll be back 2morrow with better info..thanx..peace

If the new growth is healthy the plant should be ok. Older leaves do yellow and die this is natural.

Well I was thinkin maybe the CFLs were burning them..theyre planted in Miracle Grow Organic Choice potting mix..How would I fix a nutrient burn??

miracle grow is garbage! thats your problem. select a soil, promix or coco good nuff for cannabis. second pick a line of nutrients. ie humboldt general hydro, foxfarm, dyna grow etc. then a good light but cfl are decent for single plant maybe 2, co2, air ventiliation and check on them check jeorge cervantes on youtube or hightimes how to grow.

Back
Top Bottom