I think I refereed to the one you are talking about now. :)

How long have it had this root? The seed is actually cracked open and this root is poking out?

Its really good journal thanks mate!
I was thinking to build something like that. After a lot of search and reading forums I saw you and @CraZysWeeD
After seeing @CraZysWeeD results "60gr per plant" I decide to stay away from them. :D
But this month I got *4 times more electricity bills with 2x600W-MH So I don't want to add another HID to my setup. o_O

I will have (sooner) 12 pots with clone cycle. So thats mean 12 pot on bloom + 12 pot at veg & 12++ clones.
600W will not be enough for them so I'm thinking combine my HID's with some DIY leds.

Bloom room:
1x600W-HPS + I'm thinking to add 4x50W White + 8x50W WarmLED.

Veg room:
I can't decide for 12 pot and clones 1x600W MH will be enough or not.
If not I will add + 4x50W driverless LED What do you think?

:Namaste:

Its really good journal thanks mate!
I was thinking to build something like that. After a lot of search and reading forums I saw you and @CraZysWeeD
After seeing @CraZysWeeD results "60gr per plant" I decide to stay away from them. :D
But this month I got *4 times more electricity bills with 2x600W-MH So I don't want to add another HID to my setup. o_O

I will have (sooner) 12 pots with clone cycle. So thats mean 12 pot on bloom + 12 pot at veg & 12++ clones.
600W will not be enough for them so I'm thinking combine my HID's with some DIY leds.

Bloom room:
1x600W-HPS + I'm thinking to add 4x50W White + 8x50W WarmLED.

Veg room:
I can't decide for 12 pot and clones 1x600W MH will be enough or not.
If not I will add + 4x50W driverless LED What do you think?

:Namaste:

:thanks: and :welcome: !

In terms of lumen/watt are those COB's not the best choice, but they are cheap as hell and u dont need a driver....so u have to decide what u want - when u really locking for getting as much light as possible with less energy needed u should use some other LED's like Osram, Cree or Samsung. But they are quite expensive and also needs to be driven by a driver - and good drivers cost easy over 100€.

But if u want not the "perfect" lumen/watt ratio these should be fine.

Also u have to consider about the heat - 12x 50W COB's produces planty of heat - and I'm not sure if u can handle this.

In CraZysWeeD setup of the 10x 50W COB's I still wonder why they survived this...Because only why there are chips on it which limits down the current on the LED's when the chip is getting to hot - so the LED's get less power and are also not so bright as they should be - maybe thats also an explain why "only" 60g per plant went out..But it's just a guess :D

So u would need several (aluminium)-coolers - quite chunky ones - and then this should not be happen.

-Teleon

I had a drumfan from an old ac unit blowing air at the lights constantly. I think the 60g was not only from the lights them self. I usually never veg plants at all, straight 12/12 from the beginning. But never the less same method gave me 120g with the Logic 100 boards I run now but with a different strain.

These cobs are ok. They are really dirt cheap, I got mine for free only paid the shipping. But against a 600w hps they don't have a chance. There is the same heat to move, the hps have it's heat concentrated round the bulb. Easy fix with a cooltube and separate air cooling the light. The cobs you do get better coverage with but the heat is spread all over and very hard to manage. I guess you end up with the same electric bill which way you go.

Ok, that's weak. How many digital?

Want to get the signals to an GalaxyTab and make some sort of app for it all.

A lot :D

d1-mini-esp8266-board-sh_fixled.jpg

Attachments

• esp8266-wemos-d1-mini-pinout.png
    esp8266-wemos-d1-mini-pinout.png
    850.8 KB · Views: 65
Update time :ganjamon:

I putted the both lady's in the 9L Airpots and gave them enough water putted in BioBizz RootJuice, Bio Heaven and ActiVera (PH ~6, 800µS/cm)

I watered them with my drip system (Gardena) - I like this :)

Lowered the lamp a bit more down to the plants - now the temp at height of the plants is around 28°C

Also putted another seed in a jiffy and hope she will come - the other one is still not to see :confused:

Anyway, looks good in my opinion, tell me what u think!

IMAG1692.jpg

IMAG1686.jpg

IMAG1693.jpg

IMAG1690.jpg

IMAG1691.jpg

The grow looks perfect! You have done everything by the book. Give them some weeks before you start giving them any nutes.

That wemos looks awesome! Yeah an android app for it all would be so nice. :) Think there is apps for making apps so it shouldn't be that hard.

The grow looks perfect! You have done everything by the book. Give them some weeks before you start giving them any nutes.

Danke :) I only do what i read and saw over the last years - so I'm still a bit uncertain if I do everything right :oops:

The soil I got - BioBizz AllMix - is pre-nuted, so I just will give them the booster stuff. Btw - i watered both with around ~2l of the water - do u mean it's enough? Dont want to overwater them

That wemos looks awesome! Yeah an android app for it all would be so nice. :) Think there is apps for making apps so it shouldn't be that hard.

Yeah ur right :) Never done anything with that before

Danke :) I only do what i read and saw over the last years - so I'm still a bit uncertain if I do everything right :oops:

The soil I got - BioBizz AllMix - is pre-nuted, so I just will give them the booster stuff. Btw - i watered both with around ~2l of the water - do u mean it's enough? Dont want to overwater them

This is looking great! Now they need time, a lot of it. The most part of growing you are waiting. The best thing when you got everything dialed in with lights, water, nutes... let them be. I know it's hard. :)

The watering process gradually changes over time with how old they get. Those pots you got is a little harder to pour water in. It's taking the shortest way our of the pot. But pour slowly and let it soak in. Then with time there gets a lot of roots in the pot it soaks slower and you have to water more often. But with those drippers you got it makes it a lot easier. Then the heat and light makes the water evaporate, more heat faster evaporation. UV light speeds up evaporation. I had hell of a time keeping up under my 400w HPS.

So far it looks by the book! :)

:thanks: and :welcome: !

In terms of lumen/watt are those COB's not the best choice, but they are cheap as hell and u dont need a driver....so u have to decide what u want - when u really locking for getting as much light as possible with less energy needed u should use some other LED's like Osram, Cree or Samsung. But they are quite expensive and also needs to be driven by a driver - and good drivers cost easy over 100€.

But if u want not the "perfect" lumen/watt ratio these should be fine.

Also u have to consider about the heat - 12x 50W COB's produces planty of heat - and I'm not sure if u can handle this.

In CraZysWeeD setup of the 10x 50W COB's I still wonder why they survived this...Because only why there are chips on it which limits down the current on the LED's when the chip is getting to hot - so the LED's get less power and are also not so bright as they should be - maybe thats also an explain why "only" 60g per plant went out..But it's just a guess :D

So u would need several (aluminium)-coolers - quite chunky ones - and then this should not be happen.

-Teleon

Today I watched few good reviews about the COB's. They're starting to get down 50W to 40 and even 25W after heating.
But When you can cool them they can work arround 40W without problem. Atleast 20min video says it. I don't know after 10 hours what will be the watt usage is..
So I'm a computer engineer and I have a lot of old CPU coolers with fan. Also these COB's are really cheap as you said so I will have a COB setup almost for free :D

I have changed my room plan And I accept the Electric cost because I guess I have to. I can't change my lights to LED's because its too expensive. Also I'm not sure How much I will save from Electric cost.

What do you think about the grow room plan?
Using T5 lights for clone is smart choice or should I use 2x50W COB's there too?

I'm thinking to switch all the lights to COB's few in few month.
12 COB at Bloom and 10 at Veg are will be enough for this setup without HID's?
roomplan.png

Back
Top Bottom