Teleon

Hey :welcome:

Here is my first grow and my first report, I hope u will enjoy! :yahoo:

I wanted to do this since years, but never had enough time to do it - now I have the time and I'm very excited to see them grow.

And if u will notice, I'm no native english speaking person - so forgive me some mistakes :rolleyes::p

My setup:
  • Tent: 50x90x160cm
  • Selfmade 240W LED lamp
  • 2 Vents - one without and one with oscillation
  • PrimaKlima PK100-TC 280m³
  • Carbon Filter: Carbon Active 300Z HomeLine
  • 4m Sonodec
  • Selfmade Box for the PrimaKlima to provide from the hum, because it's dimmed
  • 3x 9 Liter Airpots
  • BioBizz AllMix
  • BioBizz ferts
  • Osmosis system (my tapwater is shit)
  • EC meter / PH Test
  • PH + and -

Strain:
  • Crimea Blue (fem.) from Barney's Farm
    • Photoperiod: Normal
    • Genetics: Turkman x Blueberry
    • Flowering Time (days): 55 - 60
    • Height (cm): 70/80cm
    • Indica %: 80%
    • Sativa %: 20%

The Lamp:

IMAG1597.jpg

IMAG1596.jpg

IMAG1594.jpg

The hole Lamp costs me about ~60€, because I made everything by my own and had a little bit of ebay-luck with the cooler ;)

LEDs used:
  • 1x 100W warmwhite COB
  • 1x 100W coldwhite COB
  • 2x 20W "Fullspectrum" COB's for flowering.

All the LED's runs @mains, in my case, ~230V AC - they are so cheap, at first I can't believe that they are not a fake - but they arrived from China very quickly and run surprisingly well - they also have some disadvantages - they produce a good amount of heat which need to be cooled and they "flicker" because of the way they work. If somebody is interested - there are a lot of good videos on Youtube ;)
best video I think is:

So all in all these COB's are very interesting, also got inspired to build one from the Thread of CraZysWeeD !;)

I tested the hole light in a test of 72h - nothing bad happend, also the temps where fine.

Overview:

My tent fit perfectly in my wardrobe so the place was set - also in terms of noise reduction it was a very good choice ^^

IMAG1644.jpg

I putted them into Jiffy's on 12.11.18 - 2 of them germinated 1 is late - I hope she will come the next days ^^
When they are big enough they come into my 9 liter Airpots.

Lighting time is 20/4 at the moment.
IMAG1663.jpg

That's it so far, I will update if there is something new :cool:

Teleon

That one costs me 45€ :yahoo::D

Got link to that seller? :)

Btw - I also have 2 of these badboys laying around - but as I want all COB's on one cooler - that LED is too big... but has 100W "Fullspectrum"

Ouch, that looks nasty as hell, 100W! :)

You could put it under an aquarium. :hmmmm:

I'm impressed by the way they solve the drivers. But the light flickers at 50Hz. I've been thinking if you could bypass the driver circuit and have a stable driver ex some meanwell true dc driver.

Haha, I'm not in U.S. I'm in Sweden.

second best Country in the World ;) I thought u'r from the US ^^

Haha 2, I meant too cool it with. Water cooling. :surf:

Aaaaaaah okay I see, yeah - for the next grow I will invent some watercooling...and probably it would be over-engineered :D Plan's are already in my mind somehow ^^

I'm impressed by the way they solve the drivers. But the light flickers at 50Hz. I've been thinking if you could bypass the driver circuit and have a stable driver ex some meanwell true dc driver.

No, they flicker @ 100hz, u also see it with an proper camera ;)

if u really want to "upgrade" them, look at this:

second best Country in the World ;) I thought u'r from the US ^^

I don't know if I would call it second best in the world but sure it good hear. Wish they wouldn't hunt us growers down like they do... You are not the only one thinking I'm from the US. Were are you from then?

Aaaaaaah okay I see, yeah - for the next grow I will invent some watercooling...and probably it would be over-engineered :D Plan's are already in my mind somehow ^^

It always start like that with me... "Big things have small beginnings".

No, they flicker @ 100hz, u also see it with an proper camera ;)

You have really done your homework on these. :) I noticed that when taking images with my phone on that grow. The Idea with that was to eliminate some of the heat they produce with moving the driver outside of the tent.

I don't know if I would call it second best in the world but sure it good hear. Wish they wouldn't hunt us growers down like they do... You are not the only one thinking I'm from the US. Were are you from then?

Yeah I know what u mean, in Germany it's the same....

It always start like that with me... "Big things have small beginnings".

like always - it's going to be fun ^^

You have really done your homework on these. :) I noticed that when taking images with my phone on that grow. The Idea with that was to eliminate some of the heat they produce with moving the driver outside of the tent.

I watched a few Youtube videos and looked also for other one's - so I found these 100W types, and btw, there are also 150W COB's in warm- and coldwhite.... ^^

Hmm... my third Lady is still late.... :(

Back
Top Bottom