Today I watched few good reviews about the COB's. They're starting to get down 50W to 40 and even 25W after heating.

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: What do u mean?

You get these COB's in 20W, 30W, 50W, 70W, 100W and even 150W but the 150W I only found as cool- or warmwhite.

So I'm a computer engineer and I have a lot of old CPU coolers with fan. Also these COB's are really cheap as you said so I will have a COB setup almost for free :D

As Crazy sad - the problem is then u will have heat everywhere and not just on one spot - so it could be a challenge.

What do you think about the grow room plan?
Using T5 lights for clone is smart choice or should I use 2x50W COB's there too?

I can't tell u if they will safe u some money - because in real nobody knows how much light these COB's really emitter....or in other words, I dont know anybody with a proper meter to test it.

I'm thinking to switch all the lights to COB's few in few month.
12 COB at Bloom and 10 at Veg are will be enough for this setup without HID's?

Maybe u should use a 400W HPS and then a few COB's to cover all the edges ? This would save some kW/h ;)

roomplan.png

I wish I also have a hole room for it :D

:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm: What do u mean?

You get these COB's in 20W, 30W, 50W, 70W, 100W and even 150W but the 150W I only found a cool- or warmwhite.

As Crazy sad - the problem is then u will have heat everywhere and not just on one spot - so it could be a challenge.

I can't tell u if they will safe u some money - because in real nobody knows how much light these COB's really emitter....or in other words, I dont know anybody with a proper meter to test it.

Maybe u should use a 400W HPS and then a few COB's to cover all the edges ? This would save some kW/h ;)

I wish I also have a hole room for it :D

Sorry. My english not good enough my bad.

I mean When you powered up the 50W led, its warming and starts to go down to 40W even 25W immediately. These leds not working 50W as they said. never.. The best value I have seen on reviews was 40-42W with good heat sink and fan. So I'm calculating 50W led as 40W on reall world.

Heating not a problem for me right now. Actually I need it because of winter. Also I think they will not heat the room more then HPS. But you're using it you tell me :)

Sorry. My english not good enough my bad.

No problem :)

I mean When you powered up the 50W led, its warming and starts to go down to 40W even 25W immediately. These leds not working 50W as they said. never.. The best value I have seen on reviews was 40-42W with good heat sink and fan. So I'm calculating 50W led as 40W on reall world.

Can u show me some of these reviews? Because I can tell that my COB's aren't limiting down at all, my aluminium-cooler itself is @ 35-40°C.

Heating not a problem for me right now. Actually I need it because of winter. Also I think they will not heat the room more then HPS. But you're using it you tell me :)

Yeah - but maybe u should use, as I said, a 200W or 400W HPS in the middle and around these the COB's?!

No problem :)

Can u show me some of these reviews? Because I can tell that my COB's aren't limiting down at all, my aluminium-cooler itself is @ 35-40°C.

Yeah - but maybe u should use, as I said, a 200W or 400W HPS in the middle and around these the COB's?!

OFC I will send the reviews tomorrow I'm super busy today.
400W HPS a good idea but I'm using 600W electromagnetic ballast and they dont have limiter on it. Because of that I need spend more money for downgrading :) Thats not an option right now :Namaste:

Tiny update - added a humidifier in the tent ... in my hole apartment the humidity is quite to low - around 30% only - so it might be a good thing, also for me :)

Funny fact - temp falls down to 24°C and the humidity rises above 50% - temp only falls down because of the more water in the air...sorry - the physicist in me is talking :D

I loooove my little sensor :D

IMAG1694.jpg

blubb.jpg

My humidifier saved my life literally. Got very sick one winter, dry throat and running nose. Got the humidifier and cranked up the RH and slowly got better. I don't think I could live without that now.

The tent looks awesome Teleon! You should be very happy with what you have accomplished. Those plants are going to thrive in your care.

Have number three popped yet?

My humidifier saved my life literally. Got very sick one winter, dry throat and running nose. Got the humidifier and cranked up the RH and slowly got better. I don't think I could live without that now.

Yeah, I also have sometimes a dry throat - so that should be good at all!

The tent looks awesome Teleon! You should be very happy with what you have accomplished. Those plants are going to thrive in your care.

:thanks: I hope that everything is okay so far - when something isnt pls tell me!

Have number three popped yet?

Nope - nothing - putted in another seed yesterday - so I hope this one will come up!

WTF ! Normaly I dont open the tent while no light is off, but i had to set down the humidifier - I couldn't explain why, but my COB's are still lighting while the timeclock is OFF ! Measured the voltage between L and N - NOTHING ?!?! :hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

They are on, but not bright at all, my smartphone said 1Lumen.... so a nice moonshine so that shouldnt effect something... but WTF????

@CraZysWeeD have u ever saw that on ur COB's?

IMAG1699.jpg

btw, the Fullspectrum COB's are even switched OFF with a switch....so there is no L ..... and the hole cooler is safed up with a ground fault circuit interrupter... so there couldnt be anything from ground Oo ...

On the other hand I had a chance to see all the LED's on the COB's, all where fine - only the warmwhite has 3 which are lighted up darker...maybe just a matching problem, but i keep it in mind... also not all LED's are the same brightness....that should be a result of the price they have. But I still have 1x warm- and 1x coldwhite 100W COB, so if one fails I can easy replace it.

@CraZysWeeD have u ever saw that on ur COB's?

Not on those cobs but the Logic 100s glow a few seconds before they die out when the power is cut. It could be due to some magnetic or electric radiation from something else. I have seen that happen before but usually it is around very high voltage apparatus. I can't explain it if you don't got some back voltage somewhere....

I don't know if it's too much light to interfere with their light cycle.... strange indeed.

Not on those cobs but the Logic 100s glow a few seconds before they die out when the power is cut. It could be due to some magnetic or electric radiation from something else. I have seen that happen before but usually it is around very high voltage apparatus. I can't explain it if you don't got some back voltage somewhere....

I don't know if it's too much light to interfere with their light cycle.... strange indeed.

No, it's in my bedroom, there is no high voltage device xD I tested it, when I unplug the lamp all the leds are off, but if it's connected to the timeclock they really just glow very dark... At the moment in veg I don't think that would interfere... But for bloom I should find out why... I'll get into it this evening.

No, it's in my bedroom, there is no high voltage device xD I tested it, when I unplug the lamp all the leds are off, but if it's connected to the timeclock they really just glow very dark... At the moment in veg I don't think that would interfere... But for bloom I should find out why... I'll get into it this evening.

Then the timer must have a voltage seepage then. I have 6V on my earth/PEN in my apartment.

Then the timer must have a voltage seepage then. I have 6V on my earth/PEN in my apartment.

But dont explain why the COB's are running even when the switch is off... also there is the 12V power supply for the fan on the cooler and the other 230V vent on the same timeclock...and there is nothing...no fan is on Oo :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom