Update Time :)

Day 9 for the 2 big ladys, day 4 for the late one in veg.

First:
3.JPG

4.JPG

Second:
CIMG2469.JPG

5.JPG

1.JPG

Late Lady:
2.JPG

Great progress Teleon! They really seem to like that DIY light of yours! :)

Glad to hear about the bigger driver choice. You wont regret that, you are surely to expand that rig of yours in the future! Always good to be prepared! :)

Thank u Crazy :) I think the lady's do well - and yes, it seems they like the mix :D I'm so excited to get my new LED's - u wont believe - they told me today that they produce them before week 51 - so maybe just 2 weeks to wait :drool:

The COB's I have are rated witch 10000 Lumen each - with the new LED's it should be much more than that! (Per Samsung stripe around 9000Lumen - and I will have 4 of them :D )

blubb.jpg

very good ( :laugh: ) that they give just a range of the Color Temperatur....

That's great! I wish I had paid more attention when ordering. I only got 12000 lm extra with four, but I don't care I still got 185W of Logic boards as well. :) Three of them gave me +500g in one run so it's still exiting to see what this will add up too anyway. I just need to trim in the Autopots. I still don't know if I'm suppose to treat it like a water culture or soil. The soil I have is "hot" with nutes but it feels like they don't benefit from it when the water only reaches up to the airdomes and clay pebbles. I don't want to dump a full load of nutes in the res and overfeed them. I had lots of problems with that the last run.

Hey :welcome:

Here is my first grow and my first report, I hope u will enjoy! :yahoo:

I wanted to do this since years, but never had enough time to do it - now I have the time and I'm very excited to see them grow.

And if u will notice, I'm no native english speaking person - so forgive me some mistakes :rolleyes::p

My setup:
  • Tent: 50x90x160cm
  • Selfmade 240W LED lamp
  • 2 Vents - one without and one with oscillation
  • PrimaKlima PK100-TC 280m³
  • Carbon Filter: Carbon Active 300Z HomeLine
  • 4m Sonodec
  • Selfmade Box for the PrimaKlima to provide from the hum, because it's dimmed
  • 3x 9 Liter Airpots
  • BioBizz AllMix
  • BioBizz ferts
  • Osmosis system (my tapwater is shit)
  • EC meter / PH Test
  • PH + and -

Strain:
  • Crimea Blue (fem.) from Barney's Farm
    • Photoperiod: Normal
    • Genetics: Turkman x Blueberry
    • Flowering Time (days): 55 - 60
    • Height (cm): 70/80cm
    • Indica %: 80%
    • Sativa %: 20%

The Lamp:

IMAG1597.jpg

IMAG1596.jpg

IMAG1594.jpg

The hole Lamp costs me about ~60€, because I made everything by my own and had a little bit of ebay-luck with the cooler ;)

LEDs used:
  • 1x 100W warmwhite COB
  • 1x 100W coldwhite COB
  • 2x 20W "Fullspectrum" COB's for flowering.

All the LED's runs @mains, in my case, ~230V AC - they are so cheap, at first I can't believe that they are not a fake - but they arrived from China very quickly and run surprisingly well - they also have some disadvantages - they produce a good amount of heat which need to be cooled and they "flicker" because of the way they work. If somebody is interested - there are a lot of good videos on Youtube ;)
best video I think is:

So all in all these COB's are very interesting, also got inspired to build one from the Thread of CraZysWeeD !;)

I tested the hole light in a test of 72h - nothing bad happend, also the temps where fine.

Overview:

My tent fit perfectly in my wardrobe so the place was set - also in terms of noise reduction it was a very good choice ^^

IMAG1644.jpg

I putted them into Jiffy's on 12.11.18 - 2 of them germinated 1 is late - I hope she will come the next days ^^
When they are big enough they come into my 9 liter Airpots.

Lighting time is 20/4 at the moment.
IMAG1663.jpg

That's it so far, I will update if there is something new :cool:

Teleon
Like the grand entrance excellent!

That's great! I wish I had paid more attention when ordering. I only got 12000 lm extra with four, but I don't care I still got 185W of Logic boards as well. :) Three of them gave me +500g in one run so it's still exiting to see what this will add up too anyway. I just need to trim in the Autopots. I still don't know if I'm suppose to treat it like a water culture or soil. The soil I have is "hot" with nutes but it feels like they don't benefit from it when the water only reaches up to the airdomes and clay pebbles. I don't want to dump a full load of nutes in the res and overfeed them. I had lots of problems with that the last run.

Yeah I read that with the "wrong" influx - happens... Next time u order the right one's :)

My soil is also quite hot - I don't used any nutes so far, just the root booster and stuff, there is no NPK in... I don't know when I should add some... Maybe in flowering than?!

Overfeeding is worse than underfeeding, right?

Yeah I read that with the "wrong" influx - happens... Next time u order the right one's :)

Yeah, I was a little hot on the trigger there. But that's how I always do stuff. They do what they do and that what matters. I got enough light in there as it is. So I don't care. :)

My soil is also quite hot - I don't used any nutes so far, just the root booster and stuff, there is no NPK in... I don't know when I should add some... Maybe in flowering than?!

Overfeeding is worse than underfeeding, right?

Let them start flowering and see if they look pale. Underfeed is more easy to steer up again than overfeed. If you are unlucky like I was you have to cut away some leafs. But they can handle a lot of beating before they would die. It's weeds remember? :)

Yeah, I was a little hot on the trigger there. But that's how I always do stuff. They do what they do and that what matters. I got enough light in there as it is. So I don't care. :)

Haha xD I'm used to double check everything before doing it or buy something - but hey, everybody is different ^^

Let them start flowering and see if they look pale. Underfeed is more easy to steer up again than overfeed. If you are unlucky like I was you have to cut away some leafs. But they can handle a lot of beating before they would die. It's weeds remember? :)

Okay - I also look after them, so if there is something missing I would see it?! That's what I still have to learn - I hope I get it fast :D

Okay - I also look after them, so if there is something missing I would see it?! That's what I still have to learn - I hope I get it fast :D

You will get there. I don't think you will run in to anything this grow. It's when you start tampering with stuff and try tweaking it things go wrong. Trust me I know. :)

Ah btw, made the photos yesterday witch my old Casio Exilim (7.2 mega pixels) and the photos are stunning good for that old thing :)

Those are great photos! Quality stuff always outlast cheap stuff. That camera you got probably have very fine optics and that what makes a good picture. When I compare pictures I take with my Iphone7 and my Note9 it's like day and night.

That sounds a bit high. Right now it's ok when the plants are small but you can get mold with those high levels. Aim for 40-50% rh. When they develop buds it easy gets in the buds and is a hell to get rid of.

Sounds good. There is surely some chart on whats the optimum for this as well. This forum is like a big encyclopedia for growing. :)

I'm trying to retrofit my old aluminum sheet for this 60 tent with two Logics. I don't think I will get my new strips for a while. Haven't got any conformation on the strips even leaving the warehouse. Dam that Digi-Key was out of them, that delivery was A++.

Thank u @CraZysWeeD :) I'm a bit concerned switching it then to the Samsung ... :D but in theory they have twice the Lumen/Watt than these I have Oo

Maybe i should also order 1-2 in 6000K for veg? The lady's seems to like the mix at the moment....

No I wouldn't do that. The only time you have true use of that light is now. When they start to develop buds you should try limiting the blue light. You want the power from the plant to produce buds instead of growing on the height, right? :)

Get more 3000Ks instead. :ganjamon:

I did the math today, when I get my H inFluxes I will be close to 100.000Lm. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom