New grow, a Few questions?

Mcfroogle

Well i have a seed and its growing under a spiral flourescent pumpin 1170 lumens.. is this enough for a plant inside a small pot? it seems as if im doing everything right but could still use some feed back.. i am using miracle grow every other time i water. helppp .. do i have the right lights? and will my plant flower with this light?
also leaves yellowing towards the bottom of the plant seems like the smallest water leaves.
and also will my plant live inside a small box with no air ventalation.?

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Mcfroogle69/cc030130.jpg?t=1331580364

Well 1170 lumens is not very much. What wattage is it on the bulb? You can't put a few more of the same lamp type in there?!

And ventilation is almost an requirement unless the door is open or you open it a few times every hour.. Even in the night time.

But if your plant has gotten that big with your current setup, it'll probably finish as well. Maybe not the biggest and most potent buds thou..

Its only a 18w bulb.. i have a 60 watt bulb with a full color spectrum, but not sure if its the right type.. heres a pic .

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Mcfroogle69/02d62cf2.jpg

and then also yea.. it has been hidden for a long time. that is my 1 concern because theres no way to hide it with ventalation.. only hiding places for it are cupoards, boxes exetera. and also yes i would prefer if it stayed smaller.

and i also made a pretty foolish mistake.. i threw 2 really good seeds from the club in the same pot. now im trippin out on how to separate them, the roots are probly all tangled with eachother underneath the dirt.. is this a problem will they all grow do you think? im hoping 2 of them are male or hermys so i can just toss em but i wouldnt want to toss them not knowing yu know lol. heres a couple more pix thanks for the feed back man.

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Mcfroogle69/a7492212.jpg

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Mcfroogle69/aaffefb4.jpg

https://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Mcfroogle69/73ea4b3e.jpg

i dont know if you knew this or not but a good rule of thumb is 35-50 watts per square foot, for cfl you want to get more like 60 watts per square foot.

as far as separating the two plants in the same pot, just reach down to the bottom of the pot, pull everything out and shake away the dirt, shake both the plants and slowly work the roots apart, you'll rip some of the roots but the plant will still survive, they will just be stunted for a few days. but the sooner you do it the better.

18W is a pretty small lamp to grow a life under. I'm not sure that the 60W is of the right kind, is it a CFL?!

If you can't get any more light than you'll just have to do the best of what you got. I've seen somw guys get a decent result in a few grams of 18W but if you want more you'll have to invest in more lights..

Three plants in one pot shouldn't be a problem either. Try LST'ing the big one so the small ones has a chance to catch up. If the big one get big enough the small ones won't get any light..

And about the ventilation. If you can't get any than you can't get any. You'll have to work with what you got. Just try to give them fresh air as often as possible and hope for the best.

I think the plants look very good considering that you only got 18W so you have done a good job so far.

ya thanks man.... ill just keep doing what i am doing and hopefully it will turn out.. and honestly im not doing it for the buds... im just doing it for the love of doing it.
its always been an interest. and im basicly just setting a goal to harvest 1 plant. just getting some experience so i know what im doing once i get out of my parents house.
seems like its the only way to make money anymore.

and also should i keep it under 12/12 or switch to 18/6? ... what will make it flower the quickest from your experience?

Well then 18W should do the job.

I don't know which strain you got but if you want it to be stealth you'll better start thinking about odorcontrol soon..

18/6 will never make it flower unless you got an autoflower strain. So countiue using 12/12 if that is what you have been using and it'll must certainly flower.

yea thats another concern.. might move it to the neighbors house when it starts stinkin..
the big plant is a kush strain, the 2nd big one is a master kush and 3rd one is just purple

Or burn incense or such.. Depending on where you live you could as well plant them outside on a safespot..

Then you should definetly keep it at 12/12.. Or going 11/13 if your intrested in testing new things..

and holy shit.. it is showing signs of flowering... it must be an autoflowering seed because it is so small and already starting. i can see 2 little white hairs coming up out of a little budlike thing i just looked it up... dam im hella excited i will post picks in a few days when they are big enough to b visible on my camera YEEEEEEEEEEE

what i mean is its flowering and its not even half the size of a ruler stick. like its flowering early i have only had it 4 -5 months

what i mean is its flowering and its not even half the size of a ruler stick. like its flowering early i have only had it 4 -5 months

If you have it under 12/12 light it'll start producing flowers as soon as possible. And if you have grown it for 4-5 months I think it's a minor miracle that it hasn't start flowering earlier.

If you want the plant to grow bigger before flowering you have to put it in a vegetative cycle. 18/6, 24/0 or 12/1 for example. Than you can vegg for long as you like and when you think it's big enough to flower you just switch to 12/12 or prefered flowering cycle.

Back
Top Bottom