New grow cabinet-Looking for advice

FuzzyGreen

Hello 420Magazine! I come here looking for advice on a grow cabinet build that is going to begin this thursday. Below you'll see a diagram drawn on an app, (no scanner).

Here are the proposed specs:

Double decker style cabinet, recirculating.

2 in each (4ft 4 bulb HO T5) 12in. Wide a piece, 3.75 top of fixture to bottom of bulb
Ends up being roughly 400 watts in each cabinet.

Plan is to run 12/12 on rooted clones perpetually.

24ft of PVC pipe, 20 of which is for plants, 3-4 is for the vertical drop
to the lower cabinet.

4 to 6 3in. Sites in each cabinet dependant on how the test grow goes.

This all leaves 28.25in. of vertical growbspace. Plan is to scrog to limit too much growing against the walls.

The picture won't do a good job showing it, but the lower pipe will feed back into
the resevoir where there will be 4 micro air stones. The whole system will be raised off the floor so the pipe should end up lining up. The idea is that with air stones in the resevoir and a 3ft vertical drop for the water there should be a ton of dissolved oxygen.

Here is where Im looking for advice...

For the ventilation, heat won't be an issue with the flourescents but I know with the potential for 12 plants at a time, smell will be. This is crucial for me.

The box will be 27 cubic ft. Any recommendations on a 4" or 6" fan and filter combo that will just about neutralise odor? There will be a hole drilled to connect the upper and lower cabinets with the passive intake on the lower left, a hole drilld in the middle right then exiting out the top left side. There is plenty of hanging space for fan and filters.

Any other suggestions welcome!! Thank you for reading! :grinjoint:

design.png

Re: New grow cabinet-Looking for advice...

I like Phat or Phresh brand carbon filters (same basic product, owners split up snd each has their own brand name) and vortex inline blowers. I would think the 4" fan is plenty. Remember non-sinusoidal speed controllers will cause motor to groan at reduced speeds. If you wish to slow the blower to reduce noise you need to keep this in mind.

Back
Top Bottom