New Grow: Gonna Need Some Assistance Here Please

gr865

Three Auto's in the 3 gallon fabric pots, two Critical XL and one Gelato. at 8 days since emergence.
20210904_095625[1].jpg
20210904_095638[1].jpg

In the 12 solo's there are Cookies and Cream regular's gifted to me.
20210905_114500.jpg

Did not realize I got two in this cup.
20210904_095817[1].jpg

Overall I got 10 C&C's sprouted and going to give the other two cups a couple more days. Going to leave them in the Solo's till I sex them in a few weeks then transplant them into one or two gallon fabric pot to cuttings for the winter grow.

I purchased an HLG Scorpion Diablo but have not set me new 5 x 5 Gorilla Grow tent up yet, still working in my shop getting it ready.

I know some of the questions I have now.
1. Distance from the lamp during veg and flower.
2. How much do you lower the intensity with the dimmer.
3. I know you don't do anything but LST to the Auto's but what else do I need to know about them.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer me.

20210904_095625[1].jpg

20210904_095638[1].jpg

20210904_095817[1].jpg

When that small I start out at about 36" at 50%. Once I top between 4th & 5th node I lower the light to 24" if the plant hasn't grown that tall & go to 75%. Once it starts growing after that I just increase 5% per week till at full power & keep the light 18" - 24" away. In Flower I'm around 18" from the canopy. I use an 800 watt 10-Bar light.

Auto's can be topped before day 21. After that they are considered to be starting flower.

get a lux meter, lux divided by 65 will give you a general idea of your par value.

250 par seedlings to start. Add 50 par each week. by week 15 you will be at 1000 par. Feed weekly the par value your at. MUST USE CALMAG, no less then 200 ppm a week till

You have to know what kind of light strenth you have. Indoor grows are like a machine, simplisticly sound, and you get a decent harvest. True guild-lines, easy to follow steps, easy to dial in things till you become a regular seasoned vet, like 4-6 GOOD GROWS

Got my tent delivered and set up, extraction filter and fan. intake fan with filter for incoming air, and the fan controller.
Damn, now I've got to take it down, forgot to put the overflow tray in the bottom of the tent. So have to take it completely apart, put in the tray and reinstall the tent.
Plants ready to go into the tent.

You have to know what kind of light strenth you have. Indoor grows are like a machine, simplisticly sound, and you get a decent harvest. True guild-lines, easy to follow steps, easy to dial in things till you become a regular seasoned vet, like 4-6 GOOD GROWS

I would hope to get there before 4 to 6 grows, hell been growing now for 12 yrs this time, grew for years then stopped for about 15 years. But this is my first serious LED grow.

So got the tent right, got in to much of a hurry and forgot the drain tray.

So after redoing the tent I was ready to hang the new Scorpion Diablo, removed it from the box and I don't seem to have all the hanging hardware. Got two ratchets but only one hanger.
So I went ahead and hooked up one of my 315's till I can contact HLG and see what I need.

Current setup, have stand and drain tray in place, the extraction fan and filter.
20210910_161504 (2).jpg
20210910_161523.jpg

The extraction air is vented to the outdoors via 6" ducting to an old AC spot, mounted a board over that old AC hole.
20210911_155806.jpg

The three Auto's on the left and the 5 Cookies and Cream regulars on the right.
20210911_134755.jpg

Plan is to veg the regulars while the Auto's are doing their thing and start them into flower early to find any males. Then take cuttings to try and get enough plants to either do a good SCrog or a SOG. I started 10 of the C&C's and my buddy has 5 of them, between the two of us we hope to get enough females to do what we want to do.

Got the irrigation setup and the tent in order.
Do you think two watering @2 minutes, 12 hours apart will do the trick?

The tote is 27 gallons, the pump is 3 gallon/min @ 55 lbs (have a 35 lb reducer).
20210913_141411.jpg

8 port Orbit manifold in the bottom right of the pic. 10 gallon drain pan.
20210913_141452.jpg

The extraction air is vented to the outdoors via 6" ducting to an old AC spot, mounted a board over that old AC hole.
20210911_155806.jpg

Do you have another hole/window in the room that allows air to enter the space (and, eventually, the tent) at the same rate that you are intending to exhaust it? Or are you leaving the door to the space open and getting by with an open window in another part of the building (or older inefficient construction that isn't as well sealed as more recent structures tend to be)?

A friend of mine, some years ago, did what you're doing (exhaust to outdoors). He couldn't figure out why his tent was too hot. He lived in "manufactured housing" - what they used to call house trailers or movie homes before they figured out they could fancy them up inside and call them something different, and sell them for much higher prices). Anyway, there was some discussion, and his wife mentioned reading that they weren't even supposed to burn candles in the place without opening a window, because it was supposed to be very well sealed (for energy efficiency purposes).

Do you have another hole/window in the room that allows air to enter the space (and, eventually, the tent) at the same rate that you are intending to exhaust it? Or are you leaving the door to the space open and getting by with an open window in another part of the building (or older inefficient construction that isn't as well sealed as more recent structures tend to be)?

A friend of mine, some years ago, did what you're doing (exhaust to outdoors). He couldn't figure out why his tent was too hot. He lived in "manufactured housing" - what they used to call house trailers or movie homes before they figured out they could fancy them up inside and call them something different, and sell them for much higher prices). Anyway, there was some discussion, and his wife mentioned reading that they weren't even supposed to burn candles in the place without opening a window, because it was supposed to be very well sealed (for energy efficiency purposes).
Thanks for dropping by my friend, always love you comments.
My front door is not a positive seal, no light leaks but do get exchange air from it. As it get cooler, I will open the only window in the shop a bit to exchange air.

I should be able to read and post for at least a couple more weeks, unless I end up watching a video. I was away from the forum for a little while, and got hopelessly behind on the grow journals that I had been following. I saw that you were starting a new one - and your threads were always of interest - so I jumped in. Er... And then I realized that this wasn't a grow journal thread, lol. But maybe you'll get around to creating one or asking Teddy to move this thread into that section?

Please excuse any spelling errors, and blame them on a combination of my poor vision (20:120 is my good eye) and the awful virtual keyboard application on my Samsung "smart" phone; my laptop is more or less pooched, and I don't expect to ever be able to buy a new used one. As for logic- and/or memory-related errors, well, blame those on age and sins of a misspent youth ;). . . .

Yeah, power back on, was down 5 days.
So I move the ladies from their backyard sunning area and got put them back in the tent and turned everything on.
Damn that lamp is at about 30% and it is bright. I really like my new fan and controller, a Cloudline T6, can set high/low temps and humidity. The fan speeds up or slows as necessary. Temps are maintaining well.
20210918_140910.jpg
20210918_140845.jpg

Back
Top Bottom