New grow (grow B) SD & ATF

Actually it is 220v split into three circuits. There is 3 plugs on two of the 20A breakers and 2 more on the third. This makes a total of eight. I have seen the same setup with 6 220v outlets and two 110v outlets. I would be happy to remove the covers and photograph the insides for you as well as draw a diagram. I have been an electrician since I got out of high school, but later got into low voltage then finally got a degree in electronics (quite a few years ago now that I think about it.), but one thing that has come in handy in this lifestyle are those electrical skills. Nothing worse than an unsafe garden. Can you imagine coming home to a burned down home or barn? Anyway, I will get those photos and diagrams going (hopefully tonight).

Hey thanks Kick... I may just have to call you sparky from here on out lol. Like you and your electrical skills, I hope to fully utilize my plumbing background to make a kick ass DWC system.
I found this site that looks pretty good... Mounting And Wiring A New Sub-Panel - Old House Electrical Update Is this pretty much how you did it?

I think your PH is high. May wanna double check it.

That is what I suspect also, however my Ph meter is reading 6.4-6.5 consistently after nutrients are added... I suspect it may be out of calibration and will have to pickup new bottles of 4.0 and 7.1 Ph calibration liquid today. I have recalibrated it twice in the 2+ years I have had it and think it is time again...

JHM: That tutorial looks excellent! Very similar to what I have, except I also have a timer mounted to the top (my unit is surface mounted and has a dryer cord on it for power also). I did not get a chance yesterday to photograph it for you but will try later today; but first I have to ride to a funeral today. We lost a good man here Monday morning and there will be hundreds of bikers here today to bury him. Take care and I will be checking in soon...

I love your grow room. If I had the room, I'd be doing the same size setup. Just curious, what does that setup cost to run a month for electric?

Sorry to hear that Kick...Semper Fi to the biker guy...

I got a technical question for you all on roots. Do they have to be in the dark. And why.
And #2... If you use an air pump and stones and you have a CO2 enriched room...Do you think it would be wise to put the air pump in a different room so as not to get extra high levels of CO2 on the roots.

wow idk why i wasnt following this one! either ay very nice looking plants rip. :cheesygrinsmiley: seems as though youve got yourself a little jungle goign on in there!

I love your grow room. If I had the room, I'd be doing the same size setup. Just curious, what does that setup cost to run a month for electric?

I am not really sure since I live on a working farm and there is quite a lot of electric used here but I will think about it and let you know.

Sorry to hear that Kick...Semper Fi to the biker guy...

I got a technical question for you all on roots. Do they have to be in the dark. And why.
And #2... If you use an air pump and stones and you have a CO2 enriched room...Do you think it would be wise to put the air pump in a different room so as not to get extra high levels of CO2 on the roots.

I do not grow hydro so I wouldn't know for sure about the roots. I do oxygenate my water but the pump is in the room (never really thought about it). Good question though.

wow idk why i wasnt following this one! either ay very nice looking plants rip. :cheesygrinsmiley: seems as though youve got yourself a little jungle goign on in there!

Thank you! Cloning was done the other night so it has been thinned a little. More pictures soon...

wow.sorry for calling you rip..loli guess i was looking at ripmax's thread before yours and yes, marijuana did have a role in me calling you that.lol sorry bout that though. love your thread though:cheesygrinsmiley:

Well, they undoubtedly will stretch, but I am counting on the same amount of stretch as last time which was pretty minimal with these strains. They will usually taper off from vegetative growth up until 21 days or so in bloom. I will take some more pictures tonight if I can; they are a bit thinner since cloning.

hmmm lets jump on this wagon. pic brooo!:p

OK, you all get pics... We are currently in week 2 of bloom. Cloning has been done, so some are a little shorter, some thinner...

DSC00465.jpg

My "favorite" again...

DSC004691.jpg

Some shots of bud development...

DSC004671.jpg

DSC004712.jpg

DSC004751.jpg

Hopefully I can photograph the panel tonight like I promised earlier. Next week will be tie up and skirting time. More to come...

you da man kickstart!

Thanks everyone! I share these journals for everyone to learn and grow together. The PH problem I was having is disappearing finally; leaves are straighting out. I have an idea that maybe I should stop CO2 enrichment a week or two away from harvest this time to keep buds tighter and allow better tricomb production. Any ideas on this from anyone?

Back
Top Bottom