New Grow Journal: Still A Noob

Ares9689

What's up everyone!! So my last grow journal I kind of fell off. By the time I decided to post I was already into flower. I felt like that was kind of defeating the purpose of a grow journal. I was still brand new, I still am but I will be chopping my last group of ladies (3x cks white cookies, 2x cks dark angel & 2x cks og kush) down on the 5th or 6th. I learned a lot on that grow just by reading and going over what y'all have said on here. I want to say thank you, even though I was lurking in the shadows I wouldn't have been able to do it without this site!!!!!!!

Ok so for the new grow I went a little over board and picked up about 23 different feminized seeds. I figured with more and more sites stoping the use of credit cards I would order while I still could. I have 2 separate grow tents, and I plan to run 4 strains in my 4x4 in 5 gal smart pots & 2 strains in my 2x4 in 5 gal smart pots.

I only vegged my plants for 28 days last time, 5 of which were in 3 gal smart pots & 2 in 1 gal smart pots. (I know the 1 gal were too small but I didn't have anything else and I was stupid). Surprisingly my plants in 1 gal turned out great so far hefty size colas very frosty & dense!

A little about me since I didn't actually tell much about me on my last failed attempt at a journal. I work an absolute shit load, 95-100 hour work weeks with very minimal days off. About 3-5 days off a month! So my free time when I get home basically goes to my ladies! I decided to start growing as a small hobby and also to help my wife find something to cope with her rheumatoid arthritis. She is constantly in pain. She has never been a smoker of any sort, but hopefully with time she will get out of the mainstream views of weed being BAD! I will say this, I originally was under the mind set of thinking this hobby would be somewhat boring and that I wouldn't enjoy it. The only reason I still gave it a chance was because it was for her! I could have never been more wrong, this amazing hobby has taken over! If I'm not sleeping I'm reading journals, watching videos and thinking about what I'm going to do in the garden when I get home ...! Ok so enough with the ramble.

The seeds I decided to start with are as follows:

Bomb seeds - Gorilla Bomb
Medical marijuana genetics - Hiydrow
Delicious seeds - Cotton Candy
Royal Queen Seeds - Chocolate Haze
Dutch passion - Strawberry Cough
Blimburn seeds - Chemdog #4

I dropped them in RO water at 5pm 5/29 as of this morning they were all at the bottom. Depending on the situation when I get home, I will be planting them in solo cups to start.

If anyone would like to chime in or provide some insight into any of these genetics that would be awesome!!

Also like always and advice or constructive criticism is always welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read my extremely long ramble. Happy growing everyone!

I will pull up a chair if you don't mind, im on my first indoor grow with autos so as a newbie i may not be alot of help but i will do what i can, im sure you wontt have any trouble finding help around here, the everyone is so helpful. Well it looks like you have a nice setup and are ready to go, how many watts is you led by the way, best of luck to you.✌

Glad to have you here! I've actually been looking into autos. Got a freebie seed that I might pop on the next set.

As far as light goes I actually have a few different lights. Until I chop my current ladies my flowering tent consists of 2 viparspectre 300w and 1 1200w (not sure of the actual draw) They aren't that great I was cheap when I first bought my stuff. I'm either going to try building a cob set up or picking up a kind led light.

Thanks for stopping by joe, I can't upload anything at the moment. I'm at work and all my pics are on my camera at home.

What strain/strains did you decide to grow on this one?

Glad to have you here! I've actually been looking into autos. Got a freebie seed that I might pop on the next set.

As far as light goes I actually have a few different lights. Until I chop my current ladies my flowering tent consists of 2 viparspectre 300w and 1 1200w (not sure of the actual draw) They aren't that great I was cheap when I first bought my stuff. I'm either going to try building a cob set up or picking up a kind led light.
Yea i run the mars 1200 and it has done a great job but im going to get me a ps cob in the near future.✌

I just looked at your profile to find them (didn't know I could do that), I'm gonna skim through em.
I took 2 autos out of tent and put under hps 1000w with my blueberry photo strain, that game me a little more room but them two autos are on 12/12 now so we will see how they do.✌

Thanks for stopping by joe, I can't upload anything at the moment. I'm at work and all my pics are on my camera at home.

What strain/strains did you decide to grow on this one?
I've got an auto fem AK-48 and a photo Juan Herer. I mistakenly started the Juan Herer thinking it was an auto, it was a freebie from GYO seedbank. I'm going to go ahead and try and grow her anyway.

I've got an auto fem AK-48 and a photo Juan Herer. I mistakenly started the Juan Herer thinking it was an auto, it was a freebie from GYO seedbank. I'm going to go ahead and try and grow her anyway.

How was your experience with gyo? I ordered 20 seeds of mix and match and got 5 or so freebies. Great shipping and fast.

So small update took them out of the water and planted each in a silo cup of 50/50 FF ocean forest/FF happy frog. I also added about 25% additional perlite.

Back
Top Bottom