New Grow Leaf Problems

NicV

420 Member
Hi,

I am having touble with my new grow. The leaves of the plants looks papery, turning a bit brown and they are growing slowly.

I have had this problem before, but cant seem to fix it.

I am growing one Northern Lights that is fine, and 4 Purple Haze that are affected.

Strain - Purple Haze
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Veg
Setup - DWC
Light - 400 Watt HPS
Nutrients - Nutriplex Hydronponics
Medium - Peat
PH - 6.1
RH - 31% to 65%
Room Temperature - 20 to 26 celcius
Solution Temperature - 17 to 21 celcius
Room Square Footage - 8
Pests - None

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

PHZ1-1.jpgPHZ1-2.jpgPHZ2-1.jpgPHZ2-2.jpgPHZ3-1.jpg

Attachments

• Paper Leaves-4.jpg
    Paper Leaves-4.jpg
    731.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Paper Leaves-5.jpg
    Paper Leaves-5.jpg
    657.4 KB · Views: 131
  • Paper Leaves-6.jpg
    Paper Leaves-6.jpg
    607.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Paper Leaves-7.jpg
    Paper Leaves-7.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 121
  • Paper Leaves-8.jpg
    Paper Leaves-8.jpg
    614.8 KB · Views: 124
Natural light is always best, hard to see them

Where is the Purple Haze from?

What strength nutes ya using?
Any calmag
Water pH
Type of water, tap, RO?
How far below the net pot is the water.
How far away is the light?

I'm not sure peat is a good net pot medium, retains to much moister

Apologies. Dark here already. Maybe these pics are better to see.

I got the purple haze from gyo seeds and they are from Positronics.

I am using 5ml/10L.
PH is 6,1
Tap Water
The net pots are about 5cm / 2" above the water.
The light is at 40cm / 16.

What is your recommendation instead of peat cups?

Attachments

• PHz-FL-1.jpg
    PHz-FL-1.jpg
    537 KB · Views: 132
  • PHz-FL-2.jpg
    PHz-FL-2.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 124
  • PHz-FL-3.jpg
    PHz-FL-3.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 136
  • PHz-FL-4.jpg
    PHz-FL-4.jpg
    618.2 KB · Views: 133
  • PHz-FL-5.jpg
    PHz-FL-5.jpg
    512.2 KB · Views: 112
  • PHz-FL-6.jpg
    PHz-FL-6.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 131
Full strength on the nutes are 8ml/10L.

I will lift the light and see if that helps. When should I then start to drop the lights?

Hiya buddy. Use root riots or 1-2 inch rockwools and hydroton in the nets. Fuck the jiffy plugs lol.
Lots of questions. Hmm...
Got enough air pumping into the tanks? Should look like a pot on a heavy boil.
Water level an inch below the net pot. The bubbles keep it wet.
Are the roots healthy? Nothing nasty growing in the Res? No wierd smells?
Oh, how old is the water in the Res?
You know what ppm or EC the feed is? Really need a ppm number for accurate Res checks.
Oh and also are you using something to keep the Res clean? Beneficial bacteria or some sort of sterile product? Really need one or the other as a safe guard. Res goes bad real quick if your not careful.

I kept mine at 20-24" thru the grow

Do u have calmag, my get some

Yer plants seem stressed. I grew Purple kush a d never could keep it from burning

Try dropping the nutes down, add calmag, raise the lights, pretty and hope they get better

Cool, will f@ck the jiffy's with the next grow.
There is the posiblity to up the bubbles. Will try and up this with a second pump.
I did have a pump setup to flow water over the top until the roots reach the water. I removed these pumps about 2 days ago.
Roots looks good. No smell and nothing nasty in the water. The res was changed 4 days ago.
See the images of the Nutes bottles. Maybe that helps...
I can't seem to find products to keep the res clean here in SA. My supplier can't get there hands on it, apparently because of import restrictions. So I change my res every week and keep it as clean as I can. I have had about 4 grows now with no issues in the res. Knock on wood...

I kept mine at 20-24" thru the grow

Do u have calmag, my get some

Yer plants seem stressed. I grew Purple kush a d never could keep it from burning

Try dropping the nutes down, add calmag, raise the lights, pretty and hope they get better
Are you also using a 400w HPS?

Hiya buddy. Use root riots or 1-2 inch rockwools and hydroton in the nets. Fuck the jiffy plugs lol.
Lots of questions. Hmm...
Got enough air pumping into the tanks? Should look like a pot on a heavy boil.
Water level an inch below the net pot. The bubbles keep it wet.
Are the roots healthy? Nothing nasty growing in the Res? No wierd smells?
Oh, how old is the water in the Res?
You know what ppm or EC the feed is? Really need a ppm number for accurate Res checks.
Oh and also are you using something to keep the Res clean? Beneficial bacteria or some sort of sterile product? Really need one or the other as a safe guard. Res goes bad real quick if your not careful.
Cool, will f@ck the jiffy's with the next grow.
There is the posiblity to up the bubbles. Will try and up this with a second pump.
I did have a pump setup to flow water over the top until the roots reach the water. I removed these pumps about 2 days ago.
Roots looks good. No smell and nothing nasty in the water. The res was changed 4 days ago.
See the images of the Nutes bottles. Maybe that helps...
I can't seem to find products to keep the res clean here in SA. My supplier can't get there hands on it, apparently because of import restrictions. So I change my res every week and keep it as clean as I can. I have had about 4 grows now with no issues in the res. Knock on wood...

Attachments

• IMG_1007.jpg
    IMG_1007.jpg
    348.8 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1008.jpg
    IMG_1008.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1009.jpg
    IMG_1009.jpg
    467.2 KB · Views: 116
Kinda looks like light stress, do you have a fans running? I’m having issues with low humidity and mine kinda look like that with the deep ridges on leaves.
I do have 2 fans blowing but not directly on them.
I can hold my humidity at about 50-55%, but when the water runs out it tanks to 30%.

Sorry mate I've just realised your not on your first grow. How come your getting this problem now? What you doing differently that you don't normally do?
Im not good with % etc but is that a 1 part veg and bloom with a pk booster and a micro bottle? The micro sounds awesome. Everything in a onner. I'd love me some of that.

Sorry mate I've just realised your not on your first grow. How come your getting this problem now? What you doing differently that you don't normally do?
Im not good with % etc but is that a 1 part veg and bloom with a pk booster and a micro bottle? The micro sounds awesome. Everything in a onner. I'd love me some of that.
Thats the think, I've had this issue before. For some reason I always have one plant that looks good from the start and one that does this and every time I think I figured it out. This is the worst I have had tho, previously I did not have the brown burn, only weird curly leaves.

The thing is that I treat both the same, and they are in the same environment.

Its Micro, Gro and Bloom. I have had good results with them. Will look at adding calmag too. I also tend to add seaweed to the res ever so often...

That's the challenge with a group rezz
No plants, even same Strains, act the same

I use separate, individual, 5gal DWC buckets. Easy to change each if needed

Like I said, my Purple kush was a nightmare
I'd drop the nutes like I said, raise that light to 24"

And DWC pH is best at 5.6-5.9

Back
Top Bottom