New grow LED 1000w light: need advice on Watts to use per plant

Lyric8778

420 Member
Need advice on what w I should use with a 1000w led all spectrum light
Can set the w my self tho strain is critical x kush need advice on w to use per plant

received_1103042626963825.jpeg

received_1257794758295471.jpeg

Need to know what brand/model light it is or the specs? Need to know how many watts the light draws from the plug. Normally light needed is measured in watts per sq. ft., and 25-35 watts per square foot is the range. My guess is the light you have probably draws between 50-120 watts. (Unless of course you have a 1000w true draw light, then I’m jealous as hell!) lol
You can grow any strain, the light should have recommendations for how high to hang it. If not start at about 24 inches above seedlings and then move it accordingly. I’m covering all bases because I’m not positive what your question is.

My hunch is that you have a light that's marketed as a "1000 watt light" but unless the price has a comma in it, it's not going to draw 1k watts from the wall.

Describing a light in that manner is pure (deceptive) marketing and I think it's fair to say that input wattage is of secondary importance, at best, when choosing a light.

Generally speaking, the manufacturer's recommended settings are a safe bet but, if you've got a light that's being marketed as a "1000 watt light", I'd be leery of that, too.

Per other posters, with the make and model of the light we could…shed some light on the issue.

Does it even exist?? I don't know if I've seen a LED pulling 1K...my American made light pulls 660...and that's a 5x5 flower footprint at 1250 PPFD hanging 18"
Tell you the truth, I’ve never seen a
a 1000w true draw, I’ve seen them into the 800 watt range, but I have a feeling if it doesn’t exist now, it will soon!

That's a beefy light...I did almost buy this one for a commercial setup>>XT 1000W CO2 LED | 1000 watt led grow light | 1000w led | Hydroponic
Yeh, that's a beast.

Amazing similarity between that one and the Growcraft. Gotta look really hard to see a difference in the spectra. PPFD is a little different — the PhotonTEK holds up better side to side, the Growcraft is better front to back.

Both great lights and I love the name of the PhotonTEK. Those PPFD's are well into CO2 territory.

Settle down folks, it's a marketing term. LED manufacturers started naming their lights with the equivalent wattage the old style lights used to pull, so you could compare your new LED to your old light.

The TS-1000 say, is equivalent to 1000W HPS, etc. though it draws only 100W from the wall or thereabouts.
They really should use the proper wattage but it's like trying to convince the US to go metric.

Plus, TS-1000 sounds so macho, you'll surely get more lady love than you would if it were called a TS-100

j

I'd dial it back to 50% for the seedlings, let them get a couple sets of true leaves, then slowly turn it up and see how the plant reacts, if they start getting tall/spindly turn the light up or move it closer.

Edit: Basically, given the shape of the light, you've got a 1.5 ft. x 2 ft grow area.

I'd dial it back to 50% for the seedlings, let them get a couple sets of true leaves, then slowly turn it up to see how the plant reacts, if they start getting tall/spindly turn the light up or move it closer.
Ok thanks they were getting kind of tall for a few days old but I turned it up this morning at the start of it 18 /6 light cycle and they seem happier

Thanks they looked a bit dawn so I increased the light and added a small fan for air flow but they are only 4 days old so the not bad each of the leaves are over 1 cm and the are starting to grow there next lot

Back
Top Bottom