New Grow - Need Some Advice On A Few Things - Any Help Greatly Appreciated

38deuce77

So I am doing a DWC grow and I am unsure where to start. I plan to germinate my seeds in a paper towel in a bag in my apartment. It stays around 75-80 in there. Then this is where im stuck on what to do. I know the seeds are germinated when I see a taproot. But then I get confused. I am using a Mars 300 Led in a 27x27 tent. Do I just put the germinated seed straight into my rock wool and then under the led? And if I do how far away do I leave my led. Thanks for any help

I wait for mine to pop open in the paper then put them in the rockwall and gently cover them then I leave mine on a windowsill providing it's sunny and warm and in a couple days they pop through and u can wait till they 1 1/2 inches tall then put them under the light and just keep the light a safe distance away until they get a couple good leaves then slowly lower the light and b4 u know it ul be adding nutrients and cranking out bud !!
P.s Read everything you possibly can about deficiencies and problems and learn what to do and u will catch problems early and they won't be a issue :) happy growing bro

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Seeds need warmth, oxygen and darkness to germinate.

Using Purified water ( distilled or Reverse osmosis ) hydrate and pH stabilize the rock wool cubes around 5.5 - 6 pH

keeping them in a medium thick wad of damp paper towel folded over once until the taproot is 1/2 cm to 2cm or 1/4 to 3/4 of an inch long

transplant into the hole in the rockwool ( if theres no hole, make one about 1/4 inch deep )

Taproot DOWN in the hole

in addition to what NZNuggs said,
a sunny windowsill thats warm or a CFL light bulb thats "cool white" or blue-looking in colour will suffice to grow the seedling for about 2-3 weeks until it starts to grow more leaf than root. a mars 300 led might burn a seedling that hasn't had time to grow and adjust to bright light yet.

remember seedlings grow roots first, THEN leaves. If it seems like they are doing next to nothing ;)
once rapid leaf growth begins, LED it up

as said above for transplant to rockwool. you can however place under the led just keep the led a good 4 feet away then lower at the plant develops leaves.

Also id soak the rockwool with great white mycorrhizae and a root stimulator so roots develop stronger and faster. And also add 0.2ec of calmag because its going under LED. Using the windowsill isnt the best option in my opinion as they will be grown under led and the sooner they get used to that the better. Alternatively use a 300w cool blue cfl.

Back
Top Bottom