New Grow Room Idea, I Need Suggestions & Help!

GrowThings

420 Member
Looking to upgrade my setup, I go through medicine like butter! (Canna-Butter)
1663792490373.png

I will be using 5 gallon grow bags sitting on top of flipped saucers inside a bigger run-ff saucer so they don't sit in their run-off.

I will also be creating some kind of manually operated pump to draw the excess run-off out of all the trays at once into a big pop-up water container, and potentially an automatic watering system also if I can find something decent.

Some suggestions/advice I could do with would be..

What light setup should I use to cover the entire 3m x 2m x 2m space?
I thought about running 2 x 1000w HPS Dual Spectrums however as the tent is only 2m high I thought that would be a risky move..

Recommendations for extracting run-off and/or automatic watering?

Any other suggestions/recommendations my stoned brain couldn't think of?

ea1e275034fafd825303e3e7d8b81941.png

What's a water butts???

Lol

For the price ya can't beat HPS for sure, how i started, but heat killed me here on the surface of the sun..lol

My tent is 6'6" and the HPS did fine

I now use QBs or Quantum Boards, much better than the HPS in my eyes but are more expensive. Not bad $$$ if you diy the lights

Nice space though for sure

What's a water butts???

Lol

For the price ya can't beat HPS for sure, how i started, but heat killed me here on the surface of the sun..lol

My tent is 6'6" and the HPS did fine

I now use QBs or Quantum Boards, much better than the HPS in my eyes but are more expensive. Not bad $$$ if you diy the lights

Nice space though for sure
Well I have 4 x 450w Vipars at the moment, each auto has one above it in a 4x4 :p 30L capacity water containers haha!

I may just have the watering solution for you... please be patient, have e-bay parts ordered, on the way. then need to do a bit of fiddeling/testing. I should have an answer for you in about a week, unkay? Oh, get your 12v charger/power supply ready.. connector matters not, will be removed in the process.
Mounty

P.S. How often are you in the garden? Could you drain waste water at least bi-daily? How are you disposing it? Does it have to be carted through a house, down an elevator etc?

Murnin. I was just talking to the ebay sellers of the warez I've ordered. One product will take longer than anticipated.. up to 10 days, coming from Holland... Shit, shoulda drove the 4 hrs there and picked it/them up.
K, So what I have planned and what you'll need: Gravity feeding via:

a) 1 ea :Elektro Magnetventil Ventil Solenoid Magnetic Valve für Wasser Luft Gas DC 12V | eBay (In german sorry...)

b) 1 ea :Outdoor Campingdusche Solardusche Brause Solar Camping Dusche Gartendusche | eBay (Also in german...)

Use the outdoor/Garden shower bag as your (mine) reservoir; You can hang it up higher, so it is out the way, aslong as you can lift 20kg/44 lbs (1L water weighs 1 kg/2,2 lbs) There are 40 L bags aswell, too much/big/heavy for me. I will go with 3 x 20 L bags... Hang it within the tent/room so the warmth of the room can warm the water. I chose the magnetic valve for 2 reasons: 1) It only uses 12v, 2) It is 'Currentless Closed', and added failsafe. My 4 watering bins each have their own drainline, which collect into 1 Drain cannister (Laundry Hamper/33L), which I have again placed into another smaller, 17 L 'Overflow' cannister. This is/was installed already but re-removed due to construction.. A/C being installed atm... The chances that 3 systems fail at once is quite low due to the valves being closed, and each valve having its own dedicated power supply. If there were to be a black-out, valves stay closed.....
The overflow cannister has a normal open/close hand turn valve, to remove any water from the cannister. The cannister I will drain that into must be very shallow as to fit bellow my drawer. If I feel the need to empty the 1st drain cannister (Hamper), I can either drop an electrical pump in quickly, or use a bulb/hand pump. OInce liquid is flowing, you can remove the bulb, it will siphon itsself to an extent. Slow but effective...Pics up asap...
Mounty

Oh oh oh: just so; 20L is roughly 5 gallons. 1 gal = 3,78 L

Hi again. Bags are in (Sat...!!!). Just unpacked, will be doing a review (Pix) and extending my idea in my thread, if interested... will be a few minutes with the pix.. they need titles and/or names...
Mounty

Back
Top Bottom