New Grow Room Setup: I need some advice on lighting and room size from pro growers

Thread starter #1
Hello to all,

This is an edited re-post from another subdivision that I thought would be better to ask in this forum so here it goes.

I have a few questions for the experienced indoor growers in the forums, but before I get to those let me paint the picture of my goals of my grow and how I want to set it up.

I am an medical patient and I am allowed to grow 12 mature plants at all times.

The strains I have chosen are durban poison and blueberry.

In my city I don't know anyone who ever has these 2 strains. We get mostly Cali and Oregon buds but its usually along the lines of blue dream, og kush, sour diesel, chem dog, girl scout cookies, xj13 etc etc but no one has these old school strains that are simply amazing.

I had some amazing durban poison in Denver and was so blown away by the uplifting high that Ive decided to grow it myself.

I want to use organic soil and nutrients (fox farm ocean forest w/ 35% added perlite and organic fox farm nutes) in 10 gallon fiber grow pots.

I basically want to grow the biggest 12 plants I can indoors. Thats why I'm going w/ 10 gallon pots. I know it'll be heavy but i don't plan on moving the plants too much, plus i have wood flooring which would make it easy for me to slide the pots around for light rotation. I will be topping all the plants as well.

I ordered 20 seeds and will germinate them all at once and veg them for 8 weeks before I switch to flower and see who my ladies are. Hopefully I end up w/ at least 12 girls.

My questions come down to my room size and lighting.

My grow room is a spare bedroom that is 14x12x8.5 ft and I am wondering should I use all the space that I have and space the plants out, or should I make a temporary wall/curtain and block off some of the excess space since I'm only growing 12 plants.

If I should decide to block off some sq ft of the room how should i go about doing so? A black/white curtain wouldn't be air tight and I don't want to put in a actual wall as I will most likely be moving by summer.

Also if i go CO2 it would be wise for me to shrink the room a bit so I don't waste the precious gas? is CO2 worth it for only 12 plants? Are the gains worth all the trouble of putting up a temporary wall that is sealed off?

Also I have heard conflicting info when it comes to using CO2. Do you use it only for veg growth? Or can you use it through the whole plants life cycle?

My next question comes down to lighting. I am going to go LED w/ topledgrowlight, but I am not sure which lights I should get for max yield.

Should I get 2 Mars II 1200w - which would be 1 light per 6 plants

or should I get 4 Reflector LED 144x3w - which would be 1 light per 3 plants in a staggered setup.

Thanks for any advice and happy growing to all!!