New grow room setup

Thawk

Hey guys, I am doing a grow right now and I am having to use two pretty needed arts of my house, which is causing some issues when visitors come. I didn't think I had an option until I discovered a hidden space in the house, but it stays very warm, it is similar to an attic. My plan is to build two makeshift rooms, on for veg and one for flowering out of a reflective insulation styrofoam type board. Then I'm going to set up a carbon filter and a can fan with some silencers on it for ventilation. My question is if I have these two rooms built, and have the air inside the rooms being moved out to the remainder of the space, will that keep the area inside significantly cooler? The temp is close to 100 up there right now due to the summer heat, so I just need to know if I am going to have that big of a problem trying to cool a 4x8 and 4x4 area.

Having your filtered air move out of your grow room is great, but only half the battle, you should try to also have fresh air comming in. And as far as the heat, 100 degrees is pretty hot so you will prolly want to use a portable a/c unit, ice box w/ fan, or you could try using some supplemental co2. c02 is a great was to help your plants grow in heat or rooms with poor air quality, hope this helps

Well I am using a passive intake, but if there was a way to get a duct from this area to the air conditioned part of my house id consider pulling in cooled air. I'm sure It will hang around 92 if I don't do an additional cooling. I don't have the cash on hand for a 10000 btu AC unit or anything like that, and I'm very weary to try a water-based air cooler for flowering... Just seems like id be picking a fight with mold.

Also, what do you think a proper amount of CO2 would be for that area?

If the area now is 100 degrees (even if you think you can keep it at 90), it is way too hot for a grow without some kind of cooling.

Remember the grow room produces heat. Lights, pumps, and fans all create heat. In warmer climates a lot of people grow in the basement, since the average temp is lower. It is easier to add a heat source than to remove heat.

If it's any help: I grew 3 plants in a 3x3 closet with a 1000w metal halide.
No ventilation,except door cracked. Stayed at about 105F!

Maybe I could have had a better yield but...almost 2lbs manicured!
Plants were super bushy!

HTH,

-sh4dy

Hey, 2/3 lb a plant is never something to complain about, but wow that os pretty hot. Bt these plants are pretty hard to kill... They are sort of a weed. Anyways I have just about got my new grow room set up,I will post pics later once it is ventilated properly. It is a much nicer setup than what I had previously been working with...

If it's any help: I grew 3 plants in a 3x3 closet with a 1000w metal halide.
No ventilation,except door cracked. Stayed at about 105F!

Maybe I could have had a better yield but...almost 2lbs manicured!
Plants were super bushy!

HTH,

-sh4dy

What that is almost a gram per watt! Is that possible?

Got the room done, I'll be posting some pics soon... It's stays around 75 during dark hours, but throughout the day the temp slowly rises up to near 100 before slowly coming back down. Basically stays about the same temp it is outside +5 degrees... I really need to add a dehumidifier so it's not so muggy.

Ok guys here are a couple pics of the new room, there are more on my grow journal.
DSC002434.JPG
DSC002448.JPG
DSC002455.JPG
DSC002464.JPG
DSC002477.JPG
sorry they aren't more detailed, had to take them in a hurry

I think I'm gonna take your advice prarie, I found a 5000btu at lows for $99. They are out of stock so I'll have to order it but it's not biggie, plants are doing fine, about to put in my second wave of plants in today, will update on my grow

Back
Top Bottom