New Grow set up?

madz

Well i need some help in regards to lighting, and some other stuff. This will be my first time doing it properly and dont want to screw it up.

I will be useing a grow tent like the one here

hydrohobby.jpg

I think its big enough to grow 2 adult plants. The measurements are 60x60x140cm. Im thinking a 400w Grolux dual spectrum light will be to much for 2 plants in that small space, what do you think? Maybe a 250W venture Halide lamp would be a safer bet or a 250W Cfl system with a blue and a red lamp?

Could some one please point me in the right direction about those lamps. I will be useing 2 small 6 inch clip on fans, and will have a tube coming from the tent to the window, but will that be enough? :thanks:

madz, welcome to 420: Checked out the tent, 5ft Tall x 5ft deep x ? yes a 400w HPS or Switchable will do. Check out McBudz grow and others here in site.
Are you going soils or Hydro?
I would not advise on the 250 currently as the 400 will perform better and costs are almost a wash.
I will be useing 2 small 6 inch clip on fans, and will have a tube coming from the tent to the window, but will that be enough?
Intake and exhaust always: maybe for the 250cfl the 400w hps should be a 4" and 4" In/Ex.

Thanks for your help Cherma. Im kind of tight for money, but can just afford this set up. Yes the tent will be just under 5ft tall. I have decided to use soil. Are you sure a 400w hps wont be to hot in their? Sorry i dont know what you mean by 4" and 4" In/Ex im new to this, do you mean those silver tubeing's? If so do i have to buy a filter and stuff for it though? Because that cost's alot of money. Thanks.

Ah the perverbial budget yes I understand. Then the 250cfl may better suit the needs with the fans as you noted above. (4" inline intake fans - 4" inline exhaust fans) I would then suggest starting out with more than 2 plants unless you have access to good clones.

Whats the diffrence between blue and red cfl lamps? Note my floor space has only got room for 2 plants.

Back
Top Bottom