New grow setup

KiwiKing

Not to jump the gun, but i thought i would put this out there to get some feedback. I am putting together a new grow setup and this is what i have so far:

1. Fox Farm Ocean Forest potting soil 1.5 cubic ft -- $39.95 x2
2. 4x4 grow tent -- $100
3. Fox Farm nutrient trio -- $51
4. Fresca Sol Magnum reflector -- $60
5. Fresca Sol water cooled lamp-- $257
6. 1000 watt ballast (sun system 1) -- $150
7. 1000 watt super HPS bulb -- $80
8. 1000w MH conversion bulb -- $74
9. Kiwi Seeds Milky Way and Mako Haze; Super Lemon Haze -- $72
10. 400 GPH pump -- $20
Total -- $944

I am vehemently opposed to greenhouse seeds, and have sworn to never buy from them, but gave in when i saw some of the super lemon haze...this is defiantly a 1 time deal. I am ordering single seeds from singleseeds.co.uk to find out what works best (all are 60-70 day flower).

Any input would be greatly appreciated. If possible does anyone have an alternate solution for veg? The conversion bulb is about 80 big ones and seems pretty decent (growbright) but would like to find a CFL setup if i can get it cheaper or about the same price.

thanks

i have found that with ffof, the addition of dolomite lime at the rate of 2 cups per bag of soil is helpful in stabilizing soil ph....

$39.95/bag for FFOF? Ouch! I paid $13.95 locally. Looks like a solid setup excpet for ventilation. You need to add some fans to your list. A word of advice. Once you have your gear set everything up and run it empty before you start to germ the seeds. You can make sure all systems are functioning propperly and you don't have heat/RH issues to contend with. Start a journal so we can follow your progress.

i have found that with ffof, the addition of dolomite lime at the rate of 2 cups per bag of soil is helpful in stabilizing soil ph....

Thanks i'll try that out.

--Screwnuts, the closest hydro shop is like 2.5hrs from me and i can't get up there so i have to have to get it off ebay. I think its like $20 and then they charge ridiculous amounts for shipping. If anyone wants to ship me some FFOF.... I don't have a digital camera, but once i get everything set up i'll see what i can figure out.

Back
Top Bottom