New Grow Shed advice please

Diagro

Hi I was hoping I could get some feedback on a grow I have an opportunity to set up. I will be having a shed built to house 15 plants which is my medical limit. I have a partner that has growing experience just not to the extent of having a purpose built shed. I have been studying up on yield and how to maximize a limited number of plants so I think I have a general idea of how the room should be designed but I'd like to run it by some of the experts here.

Shed options ideally 10x12 but possibly 10x14 or 12x12. Height would be around 7-8ft. We would insulate and paint walls white and then have a some sort of reflective separator between the grow area and non-grow area.

With a 10x12 shed I would have 10x8 area dedicated to the 15 plants. I'd like to put 4 1k ac lights and maybe a couple of 400w lights in the middle. So a row of 2 1k's then a row of the 400's then a row of 1k's to blanket cover the 10x8 area. The remaining 10x4 area would give us a little room to work and house the AC, carbon filter setup, and co2 setup. We should have plenty of power with a 100 amp circuit. I'm just addressing the grow room portion of the equation at the moment. We will be using soil though at first.

questions I have.

1. Do I need the 400's or something in addition to the 4 1k's. My partner is looking at just having 5 1k's total. Does it matter?
2. we are looking at achieving high yields and I've seen some recommendation of 1k for a 4x4 area and I have the equivalent of 5 4x4 areas (80 sq ft) but I have 4 4x4 areas and 1 2x8 area (this is what the 2 x 400's would be for). Though I see recommendations like this I rarely see anyone set up a grow like this and it seems like most people go with much less wattage. Is this overkill or do people just not have the need to build something like this?
3. Should I argue with my wife for the larger sheds to give me more room to operate or is my area sufficient?
4. Would you design something totally different with the space and number of plants while maintaining an eye towards yield?

Thanks
-Diagro

Back
Top Bottom