New grow want to know how many plants to fit in my tent

DBZ420

420 Member
hey guy new to the forum still learning what works and what doesn't. im just about to start a critical mass grow just wanting some advise before i dive back in ..
i have a 2mx2mx2m tent with 2 600watt hps running , i usaully do 2 plants 1 under each light what would u guys recomend me doing to get the most yeild out of my tent ,
im in australia as well so dont really want to have 10 plants in my tent i try to stick to the whole less is more theory

Hi DBZ420...The amount of plants you can grow in your grow space will depend on a lot of different factors, Such as are you growing hydroponically or dirt grow? ....how many watts per plant you can give the girls 100w per sq ft min... is good to start at, I see you have about a 50sq ft grow tent and 2 600w hps lights... Well with those specs and if you are doing a normal dirt grow and kept the size of them down to 2 to 3 ft by topping them you should be able to get 12 plants in the tent giving each at least a 100w each of light. Or if you are going the hydroponic route like with DWC system or ebb n flow, or any of the other 6 types it will depend on the amount of net pot sites that are on the system you are using and what type of growth trainning method you use... ex.. SOG, LST,SCROG etc... Like I said many factors but if you go by lighting alone and your able to give all plants in the tent 100w then 12 plants is going to be your number unless you go with a larger light system more light more growth more bud!

I just did 2 really big plants in a tent that was just a little smaller. They were around 1m square each. It's really more how long you want to veg for and how big you want them to get. If you LST a bunch and scrog em out wide you could probably get by with just the two up to 3 or 4 but it will probably get tight in there getting to them once they get big.
Some will also depend on the light and reflector and how well it spreads the light footprint, thinking towards flower time when they are big and the lights go down lower, ensuring that the lights will cover the whole canopy you are trying to grow.

Back
Top Bottom