New Grow - Wilma System Never Again

defoling in the flowering stage, i only do in the last 3 weeks. 1 .any thing that is not getting any light, goes.2. anything that is taking light away from small buds that look like they have potential , goes. in the end . i end up with nice hard buds from bottom to top. in stead of just buds on top and loads of light green pop corn. 15 years ago ,i left half my tent alone. what hapend was as follows, the plant gave me nice top buds and loads of pop corn for making butter. BUT! the other half of my tent witch i defoliated ,the plant gave me 30% more bud and 95% less pop corn. witch suits me. so since that experiment i have always incorporated a defol. so now i just get solid hard fat buds. and a little pop corn for butter and the pop corn is high grade.i used to hate pushing my plants that had only 3 weeks with my hands and seeing light green still in nappies,s . baby bud. and thinking, shit ,what are you going to do in the next 3 weeks. (nothing) those days are well gone . now its like, such a nice sight when you see light green small buds come to life in just 24 hours of being opened up.and giving you hard wee nuggets in the end.

Thank you so much for the reply :) I'll definetly defol mine, I'll try to do a good job at it, we'll see how it goes, still a long time until then, she's still in her little shell ^^

nearly 7 weeks now .ph 5.9 ec 1.8. coming along just nicely.:cheer:
nearly_7_weeks_001.JPG
nearly_7_weeks_004.JPG
nearly_7_weeks_005.JPG
nearly_7_weeks_002.JPG
nearly_7_weeks_006.JPG
nearly_7_weeks_003.JPG

@STOP... just been reading up about different types of hydroponic growing and I'm interested to know why you started with NFT. I'm looking to the future, but it seems a minefield trying to find one that stands out and everyone seems to have different opinions. What would be your ideal way of growing?

That's the trouble STOP, I don't yet have an ideal way of growing. My thoughts were to start slowly with soil, then with a few successful grows and a little knowledge behind me, switch to a hydroponic set-up. I was just after a few opinions from real-world users as to why they chose their particular way of growing. I don't just want to stumble into a method of growing by mistake and then realise it's not for me.

Edit: Those buds are looking awesome BTW :)

i hear you buddy. you dont need teaching. you just need to get out of soil and into hydro .lol .imo NFT IS easy and rewarding. and after this grow thats all you will see me doing. "That's the trouble STOP, I don't yet have an ideal way of growing " you will once your in nft . lol . all hydro systems work well , the choice is yours.BUT you are on my journal . so i say how it is buddy . get the fuck away from hard work soil and get your ass into hydro. and if you want strees free . fat bud growing . go NFT.

Hehe... I thought soil was quite easy to be honest. I know some people seem to make it look difficult, but was totting up yesterday and reckon I've only put a couple of hours work into the current grow so far. Having been a keen outdoor gardener for years helps and so does not fiddling around too much. I'll keep an eye on your next grow for some tips :)

Back
Top Bottom