New Grower & 420 Member!

Hello! I'm a new member too, great to meet others. Your plants look nice and healthy :thumb:. Do you find growing in soil easier or harder than having a hydroponics rig for growing? Have you gotten around to testing out hydroponic gardening? Most people who use hydroponics get pretty awesome results, especially with growing cannabis, which is the biggest portion of the hydroponics industry. Bigger, more potent and denser buds are always a good result. Also, it is much more ideal for indoor growing as you can control your plants runoff, test pH levels and check for NPK deficiencies and if they're getting the proper nutrients. A better plus is there is no chance of overwatering as the water and nutrient uptake is more controlled.

Also, noticed your plants are in buckets. Are you planning on transferring them soon? I'm a little worried about the potential sodium buildup in your substrate, which is why runoff is so important. If you can't drain some of the salt from the roots area, the plant will hold onto the sodium and the osmotic pressure concentrates around the roots, keeping the nutrients and water from getting up into the plant material, so the plants start fighting for its nutrients. It might be a good idea to get them into some proper pots.

But of course, only a suggestion as you mentioned you were new to growing. Whatever method works best for you, obviously, you keep doing what you're doing, man. :bong:

No I have never grown hydro planning on getting a room up in room in the next 2 months or so! As for the buckets no i don't plan on transporting them (well the ones in the 5 gallon buckets at least) I have holes drilled in the bottom of the buckets for drainage, as far as salt buildup goes I will flush every 3-4 weeks to try and avoid the build up!

Hey 420FLM, welcome aboard!

Get that journal linked in your signature, I found your journal by searching, but you want to make it much easier for our community members to find and subscribe to your journal.

Instructions are in my or snid's signature, or a thousand other places.

Back
Top Bottom