New Grower Autos From Seed

I'm getting to the point of not liking auto's. Ill post pics in my journal tonight, iI have 1 that's only 5 weeks old and i think she's decided to flower. see if i get any responses. next grow i want to be able to veg longer.

You know mo, I just started growing Autos, I think they're awesome and although this isn't my first go round they do seem pretty easy if you stick to feeding schedules for the the given medium. I like the idea of a short veg and trying to keep up with them. They grow fast and I gotta tell the stretch with some autos aint no joke. 5 week veg is good for most autos. I just finished my first Train Wreck Auto, bout a month ago. Super strong plant and I finished her outside in the so cal cold of winter!

You know mo, I just started growing Autos, I think they're awesome and although this isn't my first go round they do seem pretty easy if you stick to feeding schedules for the the given medium. I like the idea of a short veg and trying to keep up with them. They grow fast and I gotta tell the stretch with some autos aint no joke. 5 week veg is good for most autos. I just finished my first Train Wreck Auto, bout a month ago. Super strong plant and I finished her outside in the so cal cold of winter!

is that after harvest?

Decided to try a bit of low stress training just to get some of the lower branches to fill out a bit. It's starting to get smelly in the room lol in a good way! So far doing autos as a first time experience has been good for me, reading around I see that some people have the opinion that it's not a good beginner move to start with autos however for me it's great to see these plants grow fast and good practice to keep me on my feet for photos when the time comes. Seems like consistency is the key to growing these babies, just monitoring the runoff every day and adjusting as needed.

As your autos start to take off, and they will take off, those fans are gonna block your lower nodes. The top two bigger leaves, not the new ones, I pinch those off at the end of the day, it allows the lower shoots to gain some growth. I was told that taking two leaves a day from an auto is the only maintenance you really need until after stretch. LST for sure. Have you seen my ULH Auto. the entire outside of this plant isLST'd. She's 19-20"s tall and 24"s across!

My lights are on 24/7 for autos.

As your autos start to take off, and they will take off, those fans are gonna block your lower nodes. The top two bigger leaves, not the new ones, I pinch those off at the end of the day, it allows the lower shoots to gain some growth. I was told that taking two leaves a day from an auto is the only maintenance you really need until after stretch. LST for sure. Have you seen my ULH Auto. the entire outside of this plant isLST'd. She's 19-20"s tall and 24"s across!

My lights are on 24/7 for autos.

Wow, what a stretch. That is what I'd like to see happen to these eventually! Seen some pics where some autos are just short stubby bushes with four colas before, guess with the right training you can really push them. I was debating on taking the bigger leaves that you mentioned off at some point, just paranoid about doing it lol. For now I just kind of tuck em under.

I've been lucky and done nothing special, just let them grow for the most part. My first 2 or 3 were in soil, they didn't get as big as the couple I've grown in coco. That one there is 10 weeks from seed, so just a couple few weeks and she'll be hanging upside down in the dark. I've got three others going as well, Cherry Bomb (next oldest), Kush Auto, and a new baby Purple Amnesia from Dope Seeds.

The baby

This purp will be my first grow in recycled coco, still roots from the former user in there too!

I've been training my new Kush Auto the way I was describing up there a few post. Started LST today to start pulling those lower shoots out to the sides, Trying to create a cannabis bowl to catch the light! Small version of the big girl up there!

So I've tried some LST on both plants, they seem to be spread out nicely. Roots are starting to break the fabric pot, small little points poking through. Wondering now when I should start giving them flower nutes. Plant # 1 is about 30 days now and plant # 2 is about a week behind. Looking up Critical auto strain it states being ready to flower after 3 weeks, would it be ok to veg longer? Tried to get some pics of the nodes to see if I could notice any hairs yet and did not notice any. Below is how I've been feeding for past couple weeks.

Plant # 1
1 Gallon jug @ 585 ppm EC 1170 ph 5.7
3.5 ml Magnifical
3.5 ml Velokellp
3.5 ml Micro
3.5 ml Grow
Runoff 512 ppm EC 1024 ph 5.7

Plant # 2
1 Gallon jug @ 585 ppm EC 1170 ph 5.7
3.5 ml Magnifical
3.5 ml Velokelp
3.5 ml Micro
3.5 ml Grow
Runoff ppm 533 EC 1066 ph 5.8

You could start a transition feed. 50% grow formula and 50% bloom formula, 1 gallon water. Do you have a auto feed schedule you’re following? A week after first hair you can start light flower nutes. Keep up the lst, when stretch starts they go fast!

Well, I have an idea that these may not be autoflowers lol. On the site I received seeds from they only have "fast version critical" not autoflower going by description and "feminised Critical". The label on packet says auto critical, may have to contact seller about this one. In any case I'm just going to grow it out like an autoflower, the "fast version critical" has a ready to flower at 6-7 weeks.
You could start a transition feed. 50% grow formula and 50% bloom formula, 1 gallon water. Do you have a auto feed schedule you’re following? A week after first hair you can start light flower nutes. Keep up the lst, when stretch starts they go fast!
I do have a schedule I'm feeding with and have been watering and giving nutes every feeding.
I will be starting the transition on my next feeding with 1/2 of flower nutes and 1/2 veg. She is stretching nicely! :ganjamon:
I did notice some ripping and small tiny holes in some of the big fan leaves, could this be insect related?

Thats' a pretty tiny something. Keep an eye on it and look for more. I see stuff on my plants all the time. I've been pruning by hand and sometimes fudge the baby leaves. Could it be a burn from ash? Were you smoking a joint in the tent?

No I have not been smoking in the tent and have confirmed that the bong has not left the living room.:bong:;) I do see what you mean by ash burn though. Thought maybe it could be from the ties I've been using to LST with or maybe humidifier is getting too close. I have noticed a few more rips and holes in various leaves. Hopefully this does not spread further, it's as if they dried out or something. Will keep an close eye on it. After a bit of research I've noticed that there is a difference between fast version strains and autos. Has anyone heard of fast version or quick strains? Fast version from what I understand require a flip in light cycle to get them to flower and they are pretty much a sped up photo period. Would flipping to 18/6 help any if this is the case? At least I should be able to verify if it's photo or auto this way if my thinking is correct. I did do 1/2 grow and 1/2 bloom nutrient mix, below are my ratios for the feed.
Plant # 1 Transition to flower nutrients

1 Gallon jug @ 648 ppm EC 1296 ph 5.9
3.5 ml Magnifical
3.5 ml Velokellp
3.5 ml Micro
1.6 ml Grow
1.6 ml Bloom
1.6 ml Astro flower
1.6 ml Natures candy
Runoff 575 ppm EC 1150 ph 5.8

Plant # 2
1 Gallon jug @ 648 ppm EC 1296 ph 5.7
3.5 ml Magnifical
3.5 ml Velokelp
3.5 ml Micro
3.5 ml Grow
Runoff ppm 564 EC 1128 ph 5.8

I would suggest a bump in calmag (magnifical?), 5ml per gallon minimum. I've never had an issue giving too much CalMag. Increase slowly and watch your plants for signs of improvement. When they look great stop bumping your nutes and wait for them to show you they need more.

You may have some nute burn from splash on that one leaf. Last picture, plant on the right looks like an auto to me. Fat Lettucey lookin leaves. I haven't heard about the fast growing strains thought, sorry no help there.

I doubt 18/6 will help at all. Cannabis is a class c plant and doesn't need a dark cycle. If you have photo's 18/6 will show nothing and for autos you're just reducing the light unnecessarily. I keep all my autos in 24/7 and each one has gotten progressively bigger and yielded more buds. I got 4.5 oz's from my last Kush Auto and my Ultra Lemon Haze Auto ~ Auto Seeds is lookin fierce! Bigger, Fatter, Heavier, Fox Tailing everywhere, she's amazing looking! Looks nothing like the picture on their website but she's got a couple weeks to full term.

I did a quick search for fast version photo-period cannabis and can find very little. Do you have a picture or strain name you can google. You can't google a picture dude, what are you doing...

:ganjamon:

Ok I'll up my calcium. It may be that I've splashed some feed on her since it's getting difficult to get in under the plants for watering due to them being so low. Ok, I'll ride this one out and keep pushing 24/7 with the lights. That ultra lemon haze auto you have going there looks real nice, may have to include it in my future grow. Unfortunately not a lot can be found on fast version or quick version strains with not many pics floating around either. In any case I'm curious to see what happens to her. Thanks a lot for the advise with calcium, I will up it a bit to see what she does.

I use my the back of my left hand to lift the lower canopy and then I water using a solo cup. Lift leaves and feed. You be surprised how easy it is. Just be gentle with her.

The only thing I found was Auto's that flower in 7 weeks not 8-9 and photo's that flower in 7 -9 weeks. Those are all in the harvest window for most plants any ways.

My girls have come quite a ways from when I started them, so just a little update on the progress. I've increased the calcium intake to 5 ml and started transition last week between veg and flower nutrients, plants are handling it nicely. Did trim some leaves from the bottom of the plant as they were covered by the upper leaves and not getting any light. I do see where some white pistols are starting to break out so looks like we have started to flower. I found out what had been causing my holes in the plants, it was my humidifier that was pointed towards the fan and blowing water droplets over the leaves. My water must be loaded with chlorine. Decided to descale the humidifier and give it a good clean as well and it had a ton of calcium build up, so will be leaving my water out over night to see if this helps any.

Plant # 1 Transition to flower nutrients
1 Gallon jug @ 950 ppm EC 1900 ph 5.9
5 ml Magnifical
4 ml Velokelp
4 ml Micro
2.5 ml Grow
2.5 ml Bloom
3 ml Astro flower
3 ml Natures candy
Runoff 914 ppm EC 1828 ph 5.9

Plant # 2
1 Gallon jug @ 669 ppm EC 1338 ph 5.6