New Grower - First Practice Crop

C-rell

wats up all, first of i jus wanna thank any and everyone for advise that i have read, and hopfully will read everything has been extremely helpful =]].

ok now the business, i am a new grower who is looking to eventually cultivate up to 40 plants. but to do this i kno that i will need lots of experience, practice, and most importantly ADVICE.

i always hear ''practice makes perfect'' so i decided to "practice" with a few plants while i continue to buy everything i need to cultivate a much larger crop(as most kno, start up prices can hurt a little).

i currently have 3 GDP clones under a fluorowing light in my closet, the plants look ok besides a few spots on sum leaves, and some leaves are curling, yesterday was their first under the light,

ANY ADVICE ANYONE??????? :thanks:

Re: new grower, so i'm doing a practice crop FIRST

sounds like heat stress or nute burn? can u post pics? without seeing difficult to diagnose. What medium are u using, what nutes, what strength? what ph, do u have an ec meter/ppm meter, r/o or tap water, what size pots? As much info as poss will help.

how far are the clones? have they rooted yet? Also what strain is GDP?

sounds like heat stress or nute burn? can u post pics? without seeing difficult to diagnose. What medium are u using, what nutes, what strength? what ph, do u have an ec meter/ppm meter, r/o or tap water, what size pots? As much info as poss will help.
yea probably heat aor nute stress, i think my uncle is who i got the clones from and i think he gets carried away with all the nutes and stuff....everything else i'm not sure of yet, still kind of researching i.e the ph levels and stuff...I AM USING THE FLORANOVA FEED THO...how can i post the pics?

how far are the clones? have they rooted yet? Also what strain is GDP?
i jus transplanted the clones into soil yesterday, foxfarm i believe, i'm not quite sure how old they are tho... they are GDP: grand daddy purple i dont know if indica or sativa dominate, jus trying to learn as i go with these because i have 4 sativa dominate FIRE OG CLONES ON THE WAY =]]...any suggestions? how can i post pics? =]]

go to grow room and frequently asked questions and look for upload photo and follow tutorial. do u have a ph meter and ec/ppm meter? ph should be 6.2 in soil. be very carefull not to overwater/feed in soil.. i find if u give less then u think u doin better. do not sok til its pissing through bottom just give a enough to dampen soil then maybe once a month flush through with clean clean water, depends again how strong nutes are and water quality, as well as room temp.

ok thanks, yea i've read that plenty of times so far so i am gonna stick with the "less is Best" stratagy, is it ok to leave the the dryer darker stems and leaves on the lower part of my plants, or should i trim them off...the top looks a little lighter in green then the bottem stems and leaves i think...

HERE IS MY CURRENT SETUP, ANY ADVICE FOLKS??? =]]]

100_03611.JPG

100_03554.JPG

100_03554.JPG

100_03544.JPG

100_03535.JPG

100_03523.JPG

they fine dont start trimming and chopping just yet as there isnt much there to start with. looks like they have just had little nute burn but nothing serious. that will settle once they establish a stronger root system and aclimatise to surroundings.

they fine dont start trimming and chopping just yet as there isnt much there to start with. looks like they have just had little nute burn but nothing serious. that will settle once they establish a stronger root system and aclimatise to surroundings.
oh ok, thanks =], because you kno first timers get a little anxious and do things they shouldn't, so all your great advice is very much appreciated, i was a bout 3 seconds from chopping my little girls hahah....any more advice?, everything helps, and you sound very wise, only thing i'm using is a lil flornova feed, too soon?, or do i need something else??? =]]

Id wait on nutes until the clones get more established. With how thin those leaves are I'd be tempted to say those are more sativa than indica, but I'm no expert.

Id wait on nutes until the clones get more established. With how thin those leaves are I'd be tempted to say those are more sativa than indica, but I'm no expert.
ok, so probably a couple of weeks for nutes?, and yea sounds like a sativa from what ppl are telling me, is there a big difference from growing an indica or sativa??

and thanx, i think i'm gonna grab another fan to be safe =]], its getting kind of hot out here so my room is warming up a lil

Yeah I'd say another week or more at least before nutes.

The grow depends on the strain though. In general indica's are shorter and bushier, while sativa's tend to be long lanky, and take up more room. I love sativa's though! Sativa's can be more work, but it pays off in the smoke:roorrip:. My KaliMist for example was slow coming on and took a long time to flower, where as my autoflower white dwarf is flying through veg right now! It may be different indoors though. You can control more of the variables indoors (light, photo period, temp, wind, ect.).

Everyone has there own way of doing things too. My advise is to read as much as you can, take people's advice on here, then see what works for you. Practice and experimentation are the best ways to learn anything though in my opinion.

my temp is 84 and humidity is at 16%....any advice plz??

is this REALLY BAD????

try keep temp around 70f and low 60's during dark. what size pots are u potting into and does the soil contain feed? if it doesnt contain you should start weak feed at around 0.8 ec or quarter recommended dose pretty much as soon as clones rooted. then gradually build feed up to full strength.

yea cult is right about the temps. The ideal temp range during the day is 70-80F and during the night the temps shouldn't drop no more than 15 degrees. Any temps above 85F or below 55F will slow/stop growth. You also want your humidity to be higher during this time of growth, around 50-60% to insure that the water doesn't evaporate in the soil/plant too fast. When you start to flower you then want to get the humidity down to around 40-50% to develop more resinous and sticky buds. Get your temps and humidity and the right range and your plants will have healthy new growth.

I p#rsonaly dont agree with cultivator, salts build up if your... not getting a little runoff from The bottom then shit IS building up..built up salts and extra nutes ..the plant can not use can totaly fucck up the ph.

To be clear the flushing thing is the only disagreement I have...also I dont think ive ever once used full strength nutes, they just dont need it...what king of expectations do you have for your garden?

Back
Top Bottom