New grower from Canada, please help!

If you’re just looking for a veg light, I’ve been using a 4’ 6bulb T5HO light for years.... but you can get smaller ones that are only 2’ and 2 bulbs....

Unless you’re planning to continue growing throughout the year, in which case, I’d be looking at the new mars-hydro lights sp150/sp250/ts1000... I’m a fan of white light over blurple.

I’m using an light of amazon... X5 1500w led... draws only about 250w at the wall... but so far it’s doing a good job, think i paid 150ish cad delivered.

I’m in Ontario as well :slide::high-five::passitleft:
Good weed growwws, in Ontarioo.

I wish I could give that comment two emojis! Lol we should put that on a T-shirt... probably end up getting sued by the province :rofl:
You see they want change the motto on the license plates?

You see they want change the motto on the license plates?

Nope I haven’t seen that... I try not to watch the news... it makes me angry lol another Brilliant ford idea? Like his “Ontario open for business” signs? Lol

@BeanTownFan420 - I see you over there! Gonna be a hell of a series finale between the leafs and bruins! Thought you guys had it sealed at 5-2 last night!

Nope I haven’t seen that... I try not to watch the news... it makes me angry lol another Brilliant ford idea? Like his “Ontario open for business” signs? Lol

@BeanTownFan420 - I see you over there! Gonna be a hell of a series finale between the leafs and bruins! Thought you guys had it sealed at 5-2 last night!
Pretty sure that's what the new motto is. 0.0

I was looking on amazon at the 300w led light, do you think that would be better than all these cfls?

Well that would depend on a couple of things.
Is it actually 300 watts from the wall?
How much area is it suited for?
There is a chance that your cfl's would be better due to the ability of taking them apart and spreading them out more if you need to cover more square footage. It would certainly not be ideal but it might just be enough of an advantage to keep the cfl's.

Well it seems like my tap water was stunning my plants even when i brought the ph down to 6. Its now been 3 days since i used distilled water and i can already see the growth improve, plus i think you can notice the old first set of leaves how messed up they got from im assuming tap water, i also sprayed them with a mist that i think got burnt by the lights. Ill post some pictures of day 11 which is today, i also made a grow journal but ive had no replys yet. Thanks everyone
20190421_135245.jpg
20190421_135219.jpg
20190421_135116.jpg
20190421_135103.jpg

Seedlings can be funky. Sometimes they grow funny at the start and then figure out their legs. Only one of those is a little concerning pic#3 in your post, yellowing of the new growth... not sure why... but patience is key in growing.

With regards to your journal, cruise around and introduce yourself in others journals, then you’ll get some followers, also helps if you put more than just “Bb” in your signature, let people know what you’re growing and what you’re growing it with in the title and spark their interest.

Seedlings can be funky. Sometimes they grow funny at the start and then figure out their legs. Only one of those is a little concerning pic#3 in your post, yellowing of the new growth... not sure why... but patience is key in growing.

With regards to your journal, cruise around and introduce yourself in others journals, then you’ll get some followers, also helps if you put more than just “Bb” in your signature, let people know what you’re growing and what you’re growing it with in the title and spark their interest.
Hey thanks for the reply! Im not sure what to put for a signature and i thought i already made the title for my journal pretty catchy.. i put where and what im growing and not sure what else to put, im not even sure how to edit the title lol

I'm not familiar with the grow season in Ontario but here in Nova Scotia I wouldn't put a plant or vegetable outside until June 1st. Still risk frost before then. If your grow season is similar you will need to come up with something slightly different for lighting because those plants will have outgrown that light in a month and a half for sure. If you can space the lights apart more you could obtain broader coverage with the same wattage until they get outside. You could have 2' tall plants on your hands by the time June 1st rolls around depending on your plan for training. What you have will defiantly keep them alive until they get outdoors though.

Hey I'm from NS too!

Back
Top Bottom