Melijahc

420 Member
Hi, everyone who reads. I have been smoking flower for almost a year now, I love it of course. I’m a very curious minded person, so of course I start finding new ways to smoke, blunts, joint, bongs, etc. then of course turned into “hmm can I grow my own plant and smoke it” to me that’s the peak in the weed world, but anyways did “some” research about what plants are easy to grow and found what I felt like was a good plant for me for my level of experience and type of climate I live in. STRAWBERRY COUGH ended up being my pick. Who doesn’t want a easy grow, high yield, Sativa? I’m currently in week four and my plant is only maybe 6” tall. I’m on a low budgit grow until a plant can give me the money to drop on a good grow garden. In conclusion what tip can you give a young, naïve grower for my strawberry cough?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    817.4 KB · Views: 82
Hello and welcome to 420mag! I think you’ll find this is a great site for information and support for your new hobby. :) I loooove strawberry cough, one of my faves. Judging by that picture, it looks pretty deep in that container. You definitely want your plant to have good airflow. Is there a way for you to transplant it so it can be up higher in your container? Light and airflow are key ingredients to growing. What kind of lights do you have going? Maybe a little more info about your set up?

heya texas,, cheer to y'all

well,, looks a bit suffering indeed,,

impossible to tell why in one pic,, but i do see something,,hmmm

the pot,, notice the water creepin up the sides,, the sides are wet

well,, possibly an overwatering problem to start,, perhaps

let er dry out real good before you add any more water,, real good,, near to drooping stage,, or even a tiny droop,, then you know you are there

then water good and let it dry good after that,, repeat the process

overwatering is easily the most common problem for new growers

and forget nutes till the plant lookin better

cheers texas,, anywhere near luckenbach?? seriously,, have ties there

Hello and welcome to 420mag! I think you’ll find this is a great site for information and support for your new hobby. :) I loooove strawberry cough, one of my faves. Judging by that picture, it looks pretty deep in that container. You definitely want your plant to have good airflow. Is there a way for you to transplant it so it can be up higher in your container? Light and airflow are key ingredients to growing. What kind of lights do you have going? Maybe a little more info about your set up?

Currently I have the plant on 3 different 50w led bulbs. And I could get a smaller pot if I need too.

heya texas,, cheer to y'all

well,, looks a bit suffering indeed,,

impossible to tell why in one pic,, but i do see something,,hmmm

the pot,, notice the water creepin up the sides,, the sides are wet

well,, possibly an overwatering problem to start,, perhaps

let er dry out real good before you add any more water,, real good,, near to drooping stage,, or even a tiny droop,, then you know you are there

then water good and let it dry good after that,, repeat the process

overwatering is easily the most common problem for new growers

and forget nutes till the plant lookin better

cheers texas,, anywhere near luckenbach?? seriously,, have ties there

Man that’s crazy but I believe you. I lost a plant before from watering it too little (also was a outside grow in the middle of July heat) so that’s always in the back of my mind. I will definitely let it dry out more. I’m located in the Texas panhandle

Hard to tell by one pic. But I agree at four weeks you sorry but haven’t been letting it dry out enough . What kind of soil you isi h. Water source ? Have you fed it ? How close are your lights ?

Welcome to 420 Melijahc, you've been given good advice so far on watering and air flow. Read through the links for new comers in Birdies signature below here comment. Start a grow journal and give all the info you can like type of soil, lights, nutrients if any, grow space etc. we'll try to help all we can.

Hard to tell by one pic. But I agree at four weeks you sorry but haven’t been letting it dry out enough . What kind of soil you isi h. Water source ? Have you fed it ? How close are your lights ?

I’d rather people be brutality honest with me and I better my skills with growing, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings. Currently because of my low budget. I have 3, 50w led house bulbs, I bought all purpose NATURAL potting soil with no fertilizer, and I water the plant with tap water out of a spray bottle, the plant sits about 2 feet away from light source. Thanks

1. Get the lights down to within a few inches
2. Soak the soil then let it dry out 2-3 days
3. Find a cheap source of nutrients to feed the plant
That should help a little for now.

yup, yup, and yup,,

no experience with house led's,, just to be clear, you do not mean cfl's,, compact florescent??

cuz cfl's can be real close

and as for the cheapest nutrient,, well, just sayin,, human urine,, diluted 1:15,, is perhaps the worlds best fertilizer

just sayin

cheers,, :volcano-smiley:

I’d rather people be brutality honest with me and I better my skills with growing, so don’t worry about hurting my feelings. Currently because of my low budget. I have 3, 50w led house bulbs, I bought all purpose NATURAL potting soil with no fertilizer, and I water the plant with tap water out of a spray bottle, the plant sits about 2 feet away from light source. Thanks
I think the pot size is fine, your girl just need to be up closer to the top so she can feel a good breeze of fresh air. A good trick for figuring out if you need to water her or not is to stick your finger into the dirt up to your first knuckle (about an inch or so into the dirt) and if you feel any moisture - don’t water. If it feels dry as a bone - Go ahead and water. It’s ok to go as cheap as possible, especially at the beginning, it adds up fast! Do look at your light, if it’s a led house bulb, you might check into getting a full spectrum bulb (CFL or LED) but you do want to get full spectrum for good results and it won’t cost too much (unless that’s what you already have of course!) Good luck and do keep us posted. As the others said, starting a grow journal with all your info is great way to get help. After you get it started, add the link to it on here so we can follow. Good luck and welcome to 420!

What is the ppm and ph that are coming out of your tap?

Not sure on the soil but sounds low end no offence not trying to be rude buddy.

Honestly fox farm has a soil that you can just water it for first 3-4 weeks bough feet’s in it . Pro mix hp is fairly cheap ?

Are you in legal country by chance sorry ?

Prob need bit more light too

Wish I could give ya a 300 watt mars hydro getting kinda old now though could ship you a popular grow led light that would help with flower for ya .

Ppm meter. And ph meter are highly recommended and to me essential.

But I don’t have a ph pen as my tap water is 140ppm out and ph 7 is out of my tap lucky enough . Plus I use advanced nutrients ph perfect that will buffer my ph accordingly at different stages of the plants life cycles .

You can see my signatures below and see what I’ve have grown using advanced nutrients ph perfect trio.

Back
Top Bottom