New grower: How's she looking?

MexItalia

420 Member
New grower here, so far getting along well. Running into butterflys laying eggs on a couple plants, balancing water and nutrients levels.. Not sure how much longer these girls have till harvest but let me know whatever you guys see that I could do better. Im not doing this on a scientific level, its purely for entertainment/hobby and personal use to save cash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    963.5 KB · Views: 40
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 37
Additional photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    873.8 KB · Views: 37
Those aren't butterflies, they are usually moths and they are laying worm eggs to eat your buds. Get some BT or Safe Soap and spray it down in the evening ASAP. If you see little burnt bud spots, the worm is near and you may even see it's scat on the leaves. It's a rough 2020 outside, Keep em' Green.

Should I just do an early harvest of the infested plant? Its only 1 that seems to have gotten the brunt of the infestation. Im not a fan of spraying chemicals onto the bud.. and yes i know i may be kinda crazy or dumb to some for feeing this way, just my preference, if avoidable. I know it obviously wont reached full potential in any department but your opinion will be appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

What I mentioned are organic sprays, but I understand you don't want to spray them at this point. Go out there and check your buds and see if you can find a bud worm(burnt spots of bud and worm waste). If you can, it's already happening and there eating your plant. If you don't find any, keep an eye on them every day and check twice a day if you can. Once in the morning and the evening.

I did find 2 little worms/catipillars and then sat for hours picking All the eggs off I could find.. is it a spray them now or lose them scenario? Or early harvest and upon dehydration they will die off or leave?
thanks again so very much.

If they are little they will get bigger from eating, keep a close eye on them, if you start seeing burnt spots, I'd spray or YANK them.

Roger that. Ill keep an eye on them. These guys were very fresh little hatchlings. Im sure ill end up harvesting the infested a little early at worst. And maybe spray the others that have a few weeks left.

Back
Top Bottom