New Grower In MA: Help

Johnnywong

420 Member
Happy New Year, All!

I know this question is rather broad, but I'm just getting started. But what are the best conditions for growing indoors, and how do I ensure healthy yield and plant quality?

Happy New Year to you, Johnny!

To get started, I find the following growth parameters to be helpful.

Co2 range = 1100 to 1500 ppm
Ambient temperature = 65 to 85 F
Ambient humidity = 78 to 100%
Soil hydration = 55 to 67%
Soil pH = 6.3 to 6.9 with an optimal of 6.5
Soil temperature = 78 to 98 F
Air pressure = 13.5 to 15 psiA
Light level = 34 to 100%

I hope that helps!

Happy New Year, All!

I know this question is rather broad, but I'm just getting started. But what are the best conditions for growing indoors, and how do I ensure healthy yield and plant quality?
Hi Johnnywong and welcome to the forum! There is no easy answer to your question, and if you do some reading on here you will find that your questions have been answered 100 different times and in 100 different ways.
Read read read, and then read some more. Then after you have gleaned all the knowledge that you are able to absorb, you are just going to have to pick a method and go for it... nothing teaches as well as hands on experience.
Good luck in your quest, and any time you have a specific question, gobs of people on here will be happy to provide you with answers...oftentimes in several versions and complete with personal opinions and years of experience behind the answers.

AdvMatrix, that's pretty scientific / specific. I don't think I can measure all this:

"Co2 range = 1100 to 1500 ppm
Light level = 34 to 100%"

Happy New Year, All!

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum :welcome: and to be honest to a first time grower... things will and usually do go sideways so try 1 or 2 at first...and then go for yield :goodluck:

AdvMatrix, that's pretty scientific / specific. I don't think I can measure all this:

"Co2 range = 1100 to 1500 ppm
Light level = 34 to 100%"
LOL...some one is trolling you...it happens :popcorn:...........I don't know any of that about my grows....
139.jpg

6wks.JPG

GDP x Liberty Haze.JPG

Is that strain-specific? Will that accommodate most of the popular strains? I'm with Johnnywong. Nice to have, but useless without a way to measure and test.

Is that strain-specific? Will that accommodate most of the popular strains? I'm with Johnnywong. Nice to have, but useless without a way to measure and test.

I have been experimenting myself, and these parameters I've found to work generally. I have a device and software to measure all that, and track yield and quality over time. Feel free to DM me, and I'm happy share what I know.

I have been experimenting myself, and these parameters I've found to work generally. I have a device and software to measure all that, and track yield and quality over time. Feel free to DM me, and I'm happy share what I know.

Where did you buy this measuring and test kit?

Wow:

I didn't. I made it, and wrote a program for it. It's what happens when I spend too much time in my MIT dorm.

Can you tell me more about what you did? This sounds like an easier way to get started. I've lost some plants after a couple of weeks. It is important to keep the balance of temperature, water, ventilation, etc, so many variables...

May I can borrow your measuring and test kit? :Namaste:

Wow:

Can you tell me more about what you did? This sounds like an easier way to get started. I've lost some plants after a couple of weeks. It is important to keep the balance of temperature, water, ventilation, etc, so many variables...

I got your DM earlier (yours, too, RStoner2k). Yes, I can meet this weekend. But I only have three units to lend out (don't worry about money, not here to make a buck), just to help. Just buy me pizza to offset the cost of me driving from Cambridge, and we're good! :thumb:

RStoner2k, I can stop by your place on Sunday, after dberso.

If anyone needs help measuring the ambient conditions of their growth chambers / greenhouses and soil conditions over a period of time, so as to know how much to adjust your lighting, ambient temp, soil hydration, ambient RH, soil temp, pH / alkaline, CO2, and ambient air pressure (if you're growing in an environmental chamber) just DM me.

If you don't have a way to adjust these parameters, at least you will know where all these parameters currently sit with your setup. I just can't travel too far from Cambridge. Unless you're willing to pay for gas. And pizza!!

Wow:

I'm tellin' you guys :rofl: you don't need nothing but light, soil, water, and some good beans:bravo:I grow in a closet
My house is over a hundred years old literally, if you test it you will get a different reading every 10 min...look how healthy these are (just transplanted into 5 gal)....no testing equipment necessary :high-five:
mine both.JPG
mine0.JPG

Here take a look under the hood....
mine2.JPG

that's all I got to say about that:slide:

Back
Top Bottom