New grower in MI

Honeybeeguy

Hello all, my wife and I are relatively new to cannabis. It started with a non stop cycle of pills and treatments for both of us. She suffers from chronic and persistent migraines and anxiety and I have arthritis in my spine. We were both dissatisfied with the results we were receiving from pharmaceutical meds. Once we tried using CBD oil with appropriate strains of Cannabis the difference was night and day. We are now on week 8 of our first grow and are enjoying it so much we are scaling up! We adhere and comply with MMMP laws.

Thanks for the add and have a wonderful and medicated day!

Thanks @Grandpa Tokin and @Curly Beaver , Curly I'm also a Jarhead. Grandpa I have lots of pics to document my first grow. I'm 3 weeks out from flower as I planned to go 10 weeks from feeder leaves til 12/12. Currently I'm vegging 24/0 in soil "ocean forest" in 10 gallon fabric pots using fox farms soil trio "grow big, big bloom, tiger bloom" I am using a Mars hydro 192 reflector in a 4x8 Ipower tent with an I power 6" fan and carbon filter. I will purchase another reflector 192 and probably another 4x8 tent. I started more clones and once this grow is over I will probably start a journal for the next one so I can closely cover everything from start to finish.

To make a living pollinating orchards and crops? What breeds of chickens do you have. I have some cream legbars and Marans chicks in brooder at the moment

My plans are queen/nuc sales with extracted raw honey and comb honey sales. I may pick up some pollination contracts but I can make a hives pollination fee by selling a queen or two so it's not worth it to me. I run a mutt flock of about 30 birds "I haven't counted in a while and they keep reproducing" most of them are isa browns and a few others. My rooster is an isa brown so when he breeds back to the isa's we get all kinds of crazy chickens.

Hopefully it works out with the . . It's great that you are exploring cannabis as a alternative to pills. Seems that's the story for a lot of us here. My back is wrecked and I couldn't function on pain meds

Hopefully it works out with the . . It's great that you are exploring cannabis as a alternative to pills. Seems that's the story for a lot of us here. My back is wrecked and I couldn't function on pain meds

Where about are you located? the Michigan spring beekeeping conference is mar 9-10 in Lansing. I will be attending as part of a group I work with.

I'm in South Central part of the state. I appreciate the offer but I'm not going to be able to get time off work in March. Things are busy this time of the year. Are you anywhere near Ann Arbor. Lots of good dispensaries there with seeds and clones

I'm in South Central part of the state. I appreciate the offer but I'm not going to be able to get time off work in March. Things are busy this time of the year. Are you anywhere near Ann Arbor. Lots of good dispensaries there with seeds and clones

Sadly no, I live north of Grand Rapids and we go to Lansing for meds until ours is ready.

Hey Grandpa come on out and you can teach us DWC and I'll give you an education in Apis mellifera! lol I'll have to start working on my plan for the next grow. As of saturday I will be two weeks out from switching to 12/12 and my clones roots are looking great! I like to use clear party drink cups because I can see root development.
bubblegum35.jpg
tent226.jpg
bubblegum41.jpg

Welcome to the site! Mmm love me some real .. Had a gentleman that would pay his repair bills with it, man I miss him. Looks like your in our part of the state then. We're about an hour northeast of GR. If Grandpa comes to town y'all better let me know.

I’m seriously considering trying my hand at the Apis...

You have some awesome plants bud.

Thank you very much! I try to research things like this to the point of obsession so I can do it to the best of my ability. The most important thing to know about keeping honey bees is that they all have Varroa mites and you must manage them or your colony will die, no exceptions. Local bee clubs are the best place to start.

Welcome to the site! Mmm love me some real .. Had a gentleman that would pay his repair bills with it, man I miss him. Looks like your in our part of the state then. We're about an hour northeast of GR. If Grandpa comes to town y'all better let me know.

I'm about 30 min north of GR off M37, We have a farm and I'm looking to incorporate Cannabis into it.

Back
Top Bottom