New Grower In Need of Advice

SlipoftheKnif

Hello all,

Massachusetts just passed legalization for recreation and growing, yahoo!

I plan on purchasing an Apollo 5' x 5' x 80" grow tent. I'm building a DIY RDWC system to grow 4 plants. The plan is to use LED for veg and then 1000w HPS for flower. This is my first grow ever and need some advice on equipment. I'm not looking for top of the line equipment but I also don't want anything that is going to die 2 weeks into the grow.

1st Question - Is the Apollo 5' x 5' x 80" a decent tent to start with?

2nd Question - I know this one is a doozie and I'm sure there will be some back and forth about it but what would you suggest for an LED for just veg? Budget for this is around $500.

3rd Question - I'm trying to be quiet with the operation due to it being in the next room next to my bedroom. I was thinking of getting a 6" Vortex inline fan with a charcoal filter and speed controller. Is 6" enough or should I up it to the 8" so it can be turned down for silence?
Tent - 167.5 cubic feet
6" fan - 347CFM
8" fan - 728 CFM

4th Question - Does the charcoal filter have to match the CFM of the fan or the cubic feet of the tent?

I would like to thank people ahead for throwing your opinions in if you do take the time to share some of your knowledge and expertise with this newbie that is VERY excited to get into growing

:thumb:

Good luck with your endeavers:goodluck: Congrats on the new laws:high-five:

I only wish I could get a grow space like you'll have. I can't really give you much advice other than to say check out the journals on 420.

I use an old Mars 300w in a small tent. It works fine, most of my plants grow short, very little stretch and I think because the LED is so close. The difference in the actual grow you're going to see between most of those lights is going to be fairly small. I would think your choice of seed, the ability to control the environment and nutes will have more impact than the lights. I've never done RDWC but done right you'll be growing some serious plants. Make sure you make a journal:passitleft:

I know this wasn't your question so feel free to tell me f off but Id really want to see you have a successful grow so Im going to suggest that you dont run any hydro at first just because it is very unforgiving. I think if you run soil or maybe even coco you will have a much more successful garden. This is my advice for anyone new to growing.

Back
Top Bottom