New grower! Need help and advice!

GanjaDJ

Hi Everyone,

This is my first ever grow and since the flowering it seems that my plants been having all sorts of issues. I tried giving more Nutrients, tried to calibrate the Phosphorous (thought this was the issue), I have bought Cal-Mag because I think this is one of the issues. I have also looked with a 40x loupe under the leaves for mites and such and wasen't able to find any. I also have thrips sticky's installed. I am pretty much out of ideas and I am scared that I could lose my grow...I am 6 weeks into flowering with these 2 babys. I have always insured that my PH was at 6.5 everytime. Up until week 3 of flowering I was not watering properly and not doing a 10 or 20% runoff, I did correct this and since been doing 20% runoffs. This is a soil mixture, no compost or coco.

Really need you guys help!
Mike

Sure looks to be mites to me.

Hi fanleaf,

Would you perhaps be able to tell me were to look at in this case and maybe what kind of mites it could be. I was told that the spots you see on leaves should be like scratches or bite marks when its mites, in this case it isn't this is why I am a little confused here.

Cheers,
Mike

Sure looks to be mites to me.

Also, here are some pictures I took with a loop of those same leaves, I know the colors might be off but just wanted you to know that the dots are actually yellow and not silverish.

Cheers and thanks for the help!!

Hey!

Thanks again for looking into this. I have looked around a lot and I have seen this issue was calcium related and that is why I added some Cal-Mag but for some reason it does not stop or at least slow down... Should I add more?

I use the following Cal-Mag

B-CalMagPlus2-pop.jpg

Here it is, I took 2 pictures, the brand name and also the components. Should also specify this is sold by my local grow store. Thanks!

While I have never grown in that medium it seems like a spinoff of Promix HP. I see they seem to also add both limestone and dolomite so there should be plenty of Calcium in the mix all on it's own. This is added to stabilize the pH and perhaps it has been used up. This is not a major source of information but have you measured the pH of any of your runnoff?

I wouldn't worry about losing your crop, you won't. It looks as if your final harvest may suffer a bit but you will make it to harvest at this point being 6 weeks into flower.

Let me know if you have checked the pH of any of your runoff before I give some "to do" advice.

Hey! I haven't tried to check the PH of runoff, how would I do this, simply take water out of the dish when I water and check the PH? Also, I should mention that I am using fabric pots, dunno if this changes anything.

Cheers and thanks!

Yes, Next time you water to runoff take a sample of the runoff after it's done draining and check the pH of it. I have a suspicion that it will be very very low perhaps from 4.8-5.4 would be my guess. Without being sure we are kind of just taking a stab at it. The bad leafs will probably never recover but you can hope to stop the spread.

Yes, Next time you water to runoff take a sample of the runoff after it's done draining and check the pH of it. I have a suspicion that it will be very very low perhaps from 4.8-5.4 would be my guess. Without being sure we are kind of just taking a stab at it. The bad leafs will probably never recover but you can hope to stop the spread.

Hi fanleaf,

Sorry about the delay, I finnaly watered them today! The runoff has you expected is in between 4.8 and 5.5....I use a solution for now to check my PH, I have the pen but not using it right now. Both my plants have the same runoff PH.

Thanks again for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom