New grower, need help with a seedling: does it look healthy or stressed?

Heat stressed or not

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jay Bird

Hi guys, first ever grow. I’m not sure if my seedling looks healthy or a little heat stressed. The temps went up to 29 degrees this morning and I am paranoid that the leaves look a lil turned up?
Currently it’s under a 300 watt day light cfl at around 8 inches away with an oscillating fan blowing around the lil girl.
potted in light mix by bio bizz.
Only been watered once when I saturated the soil before planting. And a few sprays over water with a mister
first watering I am doing tomorrow as the pot is getting light with 500 ml of water in circles around the plant.
Temps have been in the low in dark at 21 - 22 degrees
And usual day time temps are 25-26

basically all I’m asking does the lil girls look healthy or a little heat stressed from the high temps this morning?

any input welcome and also I love criticism so please fire away thanks in advance

ahh forgot to say this is an autoflower norther light by victory seeds also know asnorthern storm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 180
Thanks pal that’s all I needed.
don’t suppose you could help with watering. I soaked the pot originally anD I have not watered since .The top soil is dry but about 2 inches in it still feels moist - as it is seven days old tomorrow I was going to give it around 500 mil.

the pot at the moment weighs around 400 gram over what the soil just weighed on it’s own so thinking it’s about time to give it a light feed. Thanks for your response

Thanks bro much appreciated, i will take a look. Thanks for the welcome.

mom basically keeping things as simple as possible and using common sense so hopefully all should go well

Hey stoneotter, I have read @Emilya watering post and I understand that, pretty simple stuff and a good easy guide to follow which has been explained great.

But with all the rubbish methods that I see for watering seedlings it’s confusing me on should I let it reach a dry pot? Or should I give it a bit of water because it’s near a dry pot if that makes sense . Any help would be awesome cheers mate

I reckon it has a couple more days before it’s completely dry , the seedling is also on its seven day today and it’s an auto flower

Seedlings this size get some water every day with me. It' most confusing but until they get established for some time, maybe 2 weeks or less I don't know, I drop a little water on them every day around the stem. I don't measure so it's hard to say how much, you'll learn it. Probably around a half cup of water dropped near the stem over a week period. That's if I saturated the solo in the first place. Then it's the wet/dry cycles. I'm doing it right now in the Godfather journal. I didn't do much with the first week but yesterday was the first full watering since planting. It's been little waters at the stem until then.

Okay I suppose it’s different in each growers case. My top soil is literally dry but beneath that it’s moist. It looks healthy and perky so far . The only water I have given is been with a mister around the stem a few centimetres away but that has been solely for humidity. The thing is the lil girls is in about 20 litres of soil so she definitely has plenty but I just don’t quite get if the top soil should be moist as well.

Thanks dude

Seedlings this size get some water every day with me. It' most confusing but until they get established for some time, maybe 2 weeks or less I don't know, I drop a little water on them every day around the stem. I don't measure so it's hard to say how much, you'll learn it. Probably around a half cup of water dropped near the stem over a week period. That's if I saturated the solo in the first place. Then it's the wet/dry cycles. I'm doing it right now in the Godfather journal. I didn't do much with the first week but yesterday was the first full watering since planting. It's been little waters at the stem until then.

Il take a look at your post now bro

Hey dude I would just use a sprayer to water them for the first week or so just a little bit maybe 250 mls every couple days when the top soil drys. After a couple weeks go to normal watering.

Thanks mate I shall give it a spray today.

There is so much misleading info out there it’s hard to get your head around

Hi I don’t know if any one is able to help but I’ve started getting slight yellow patches just on a few random leaves, don’t know if it could be too low nitrogen or calcium. Will post a picture soon thanks for any help

Also it’s just had its first feed of grow today and now the plant is just over three weeks old. Has been grown in bio buzz light mix

Pics

Attachments

• B4EC7365-C74C-42E2-A504-4BDC88981AF8.jpeg
    B4EC7365-C74C-42E2-A504-4BDC88981AF8.jpeg
    819.5 KB · Views: 144
  • 6BACFFF2-F168-4997-8B37-3A14B49E6713.jpeg
    6BACFFF2-F168-4997-8B37-3A14B49E6713.jpeg
    879.6 KB · Views: 154
  • 8C095E90-64AA-4B80-87F1-82FA3BD23FFA.jpeg
    8C095E90-64AA-4B80-87F1-82FA3BD23FFA.jpeg
    903.7 KB · Views: 145
Yeah I though the same after reading up, I’m not using a ph meter because I’m on a budget an literally maxed out but I’m using bio bizz light and organic Nutes - old timer plant magic -
Do you know if the bottled Nutes would hav calcium mag in? Thanks mate

Na u have to add some if your using reverse osmosis water. However if you haven't pH'd your water it's likely that you have locked out calcium as it's only absorbed by the plant at a pH of 6.2-7 aparantly best at 6.2 . I just use a manual pH test kit costs about $20 that should fix your problem regular tap water usually has enough magnesium/calcium for plants you only really need to add it if your using reverse osmosis water. Your problem is most likely pH

Back
Top Bottom