New Grower. Need some help

Whitefire01

:420:
Hey Y'all, this is my first time growing and I was hopin to get some help throughout the process. Im growing indoors and I got the basic concepts down. I ordered some auto flowering seeds from Nirvana (Bubblelicous):

White Strain Yes
Feminized Seeds Yes
Effect High (Head Trip) yet Stoned (Body Buzz)
Flowering Period 6 - 8 weeks
Average Yield 200 - 300 g/m² in SOG
Flavor Sweet, Smooth
Plant Height Short
Cultivation Indoor as well as Outdoor
Plant Type Predominantly Indica

Im pre-sprouting the seeds before I put them in the soil. Im rigging up a light system right now. I got a couple CFLs; 23 Watt(equvilant to 100W) 1600 lumens bright white. Will that be brihgt enough?

Alright, Welcome to :420:

Good strain to start with, and I suggest the following things:

PH meter. Digital is best. But if budget is an issue, an analog meter can help also. This item is pretty much required for PH adjustments in your water/nutes.
Nutrients. No time release should be used. A 2 part or 3 part nutrient system works great.
30x-60 scope or magnifier. You'll need one to harvest at the exact time the Cannabis is ready.
I suggest using a light timer and growing with 18/6 light schedule, but growers have different opinions on the light time. If you plan to grow photo period plants, a timer will be necessary, as they're not as forgiving with lighting as autos.

Now to lights. CFLs can grow really decent yields. However to take full advantage of a CFL, you need to do a couple things.
Keep the lights close, 2-4" or 5-10cm away from the canopy.
Train your plant to grow flat, not tall. Being Indica dominant, it shouldn't grow too tall, but you still want to use LST to train all the branches to grow at the same height.
The equivalent number is to help people replace incandescent bulbs with a CFL of similar brightness, for our purposes it's not really helpful because Cannabis doesn't grow well (if at all) under incandescents.

2 bulbs will work for a couple weeks, but I suggest at least 4 23w bulbs for Veg per plant, and preferably 6 bulbs for Flower. I like to use a mixed spectrum of CFLs. For example.. in Veg I would suggest 3 6500K bulbs, and 1 2700K. When you flower, I would suggest 4 2700K bulbs, and 2 6500K bulbs.

But you can use any mixture you like. Or just use all of the same, it will still grow. On my current grow, I used a mixed spectrum of CFLs (14 bulbs 350+ watts) and was able to yield 30.82 grams on one plant. Veg time 6 weeks, Flower time was about 8 1/2 weeks. I have one more plant to harvest, Veg time was 5 weeks, and it's going on week 11 of Flower, and I should yield at least 42-45 grams on this one.

Check out this link, it has a ton of great information about growing, lighting, nutrients, training, etc.. : How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Good luck on your grow! And you might want to start a grow journal here: Journals in Progress
And this link will give you an idea what information to include in your first post on the journal: How to Make a Grow Journal

Welcome to :420: :welcome:

Antics has really covered all the bases for you. I also used CFL until the last two weeks of my first grow with great results.

If you'd like a little more information on navigating and using the site (the photo gallery for example) then check out our New Member Start Links thread.

Have a canna-tastic day!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom