New Grower Needs Advice: Top Canadian Soils?

JayM

Hello,

Brand new Canadian grower here. I have been researching a lot for this upcoming season but keep getting anxious and overwhelmed about the amount of options for a growing medium. I will be growing autos in pots outside and in soil but still have not decided on the specific type of soil. I understand I need a PH of round 5.8-6.3, will need to add perlite for drainage, eventually will need to add nutrients (seems like a whole other ball of wax..) I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with some Canadian name brand soils I could start with so I don't ruin my crop right off the bat.

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Go to the grow store and ask the home boy/girl working for some organic super soil. They will point you in the right direction, brand is not so important, all the ingredients are the same, just don't buy a big name brand like miracle grow. Trust your grow store folks!

Well @JayM , short of making your own organic super soil, any of the boughten super soils will work but are likely going to require additional nutrients before they finish.

Unless it is specifically a super ”canna” soil, these soils are intended for tomatoes etc that have much lower nutrient requirements than cannabis and are likely to deplete.

If this is the route you choose to follow, look into Mega Crop, a lot here are using it and it’s a one step feed from start to finish. And just a quick comment, no need to pH your media. Only nutrient ”dead” mediums like peat and coco coir require buffing, commercial prepared mediums are pre-buffered.

:ciao: I used Pro Mix premium organic soil, for in the ground grow. Additives were worm castings, Gia Green organic fertilizer, and one bag of Miracle grow organic sea compost dug in with it.
Got over 3 lbs of 2 - OG Kush plants. averaging about 9 hours of sun only. I only fed them nutes when they were in flower.
Very happy with the results, doing the same this year outside.:thumb:

I definitely made my raised garden too small, but happily, it all worked itself out for space.
I Love growing, but I’m a “keep it to the basics” type of grower (less cost the better LOL)
Here’s last years garden, 4 weeks till harvest pics. I’m standing behind the plants in the first picture :blunt::passitleft:
589C902C-9C4E-44C4-B3C5-58EFED209E07.jpeg
1AAEC509-6750-44D5-892D-729FAD72E48A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom