new grower needs help with size of exhaust filter

zimy810

Hey guys thank you for viewing this if you did! I have a 6x4x 8 foot tall flower room i made out of 2x2s and panda film plastic. this is connected to my 4x4x8 veg room made the same. but this post is for the flower room in which I am running a 1000 watt hps 6 inch cool tube on a digital ballast outside of the room. i am going to be using dwc to grow. i bought a 4 inch hurricane fan because it was what i could afford at the time. i have been planning and buying and constructing for ayear now and am down to my last detail! what carbon filter to use and what size. My first grow will be barneys farm vanilla kush. Anyyyyyy advice will be taken with the highest regard i have no one to talk to as this is a stealth operation :thanks:

I have been looking for info here at 420mag for over two years and just got the courage to start asking for help and comunicating. I do want to say i got my seeds from Midweek song i cant thank lewis enough And i cant thank everyone at 420 mag for all the usefull info all you guys bring to new growers and old thank you so much!!! i hope someone will be able to help me out like all the others before me :)

You want your filters cam to match your fan cfm
:Namaste:

Does it hurt to go bigger? i would like to go to a 6 inch fan when i an afford it. also i do have booster fans i could use. what brands would you recommend?

Does it hurt to go bigger? i would like to go to a 6 inch fan when i an afford it. also i do have booster fans i could use. what brands would you recommend?

No prob going bigger
You may want to look into a fan speed control also
Mine is controlled by a tstat and will slow down or shutoff 10* below set point depending on the setting
I just run ventech priced right and fairly quiet but for my setup that isn't a necessity

I have a thermostat already, great minds must think alike. ha-ha jk, but I am just concerned with the smell. My Goal was to have everything done, finished, completed, and/or a variant their of before I even start to grow anything. So far I've stuck to that I just need a an Exhaust filter, I have the intake already. Its just their are just so many to choose from I don't know where to begin! I want longevity, affordability, and quality which goes hand in hand with piece of mind, when I don't have to be scared to death I'm stinking. Thank you for your help Highpotanoose I appreciate it very much.

Get a phresh filter and don't look back
Size it to your exhaust fan
You will be good

So I bought a phresh filter today and I am really excited I do have one more question for you highpotanoose... How do I get a doc bud kit I tried messaging him and no reply

You prob can't pm him till your post count hits 50
Ask him to pm you in his high brix q and a thread
He is very good at answering

Back
Top Bottom