New Grower Needs Help!

Cannadude

I am new to growing indoors and started with one autoflowering strain called Hijack... Everything was going great and its been growing for quite some time now, however i discovered some sort of deficiency. The upper stems are turning red and the fan leaves are getting yellow by the veins and branch outward but the entire leaves aren't yellowing at all, just from the veins out. I've been giving it doses of nutrient solution only once a week for 2 weeks now. I have no clue what is happening to it and i wanted to fix the problem early. Someone PLEASE HELP. I would post pictures but i have no idea how....

No i made sure to use distilled water and then added my nutrients. I started with half a teaspoon and then 3/4 teaspoon the second time i watered. I used a ph tester kit and made sure it was an even 6.0. i read a lot of stuff before i started growing. i only water ever 3-4 days and do so only if the top layer of the soil is bone dry. I just dont get what im doing wrong. i assume the nutrient solution isnt to strong at all. I just don't know what to do. my buds look great and are very crystally but the upper leaves veins are yellowing and the stems are red towards the top. all the newer leaves are getting yellow spots. I can't figure this out at all. Lastly, I know how to submit photos into galleries, but idk how to submit it so you fellas can see what im talking about. any ideas are a big help.

No i made sure to use distilled water and then added my nutrients. I started with half a teaspoon and then 3/4 teaspoon the second time i watered. I used a ph tester kit and made sure it was an even 6.0. i read a lot of stuff before i started growing. i only water ever 3-4 days and do so only if the top layer of the soil is bone dry. I just dont get what im doing wrong. i assume the nutrient solution isnt to strong at all. I just don't know what to do. my buds look great and are very crystally but the upper leaves veins are yellowing and the stems are red towards the top. all the newer leaves are getting yellow spots. I can't figure this out at all. Lastly, I know how to submit photos into galleries, but idk how to submit it so you fellas can see what im talking about. any ideas are a big help.

When you post click the camera icon and then a new window will pop up with your photos and then click on the photo you want us to see...

But it sounds like a potassium deficiency. When was the last time you did a good flush? And what nutes are you using? Some nutes has alot of salt in them which can cause lockouts and that will cause dead spots on leaves. And you say your watering when the top soil is dry, i would wait until the pot feels light and you know the bottom is dry also. Excess water in the soil can cause leeching. Most likely there may be a salt build up around the root zone. I would say do a clean water flush. Make sure that water is PH also.

100_00982.JPG
100_00965.JPG
100_00993.JPG
100_00942.JPG
100_00865.JPG

here are some of the photos. Idk if they are really that great or if you can see the deficiency but i took them a week ago and the leaves have gotten a little worse. Its only 14 inches tall and i flushed it with a gallon and a half of distilled water. Is that Enough? and if so will it fix the problem this close to harvest? will this prevent my auto from finishing its bud growth? I just wanna know what i should do next. I've grown outdoors for 2 years but i moved into my own place in the city and this is my first time indoors. I've never had any problems like this and thought i was sort of experienced. guess im just really ignorant haha

Yea it looks like a salt build up or calcium deficiency. What are youi using for calcium? If the flush doesnt work then its a possible calcium def. I use CaMg+ Your plant looks healthy though. It shouldnt reduce the yield. But I would still want to fix the problem. Your plant looks just like one of mine. Mine is still in veg, But it still has alot of nitrogen in it. It should be lacking nitrogen when in flower. Are you still giving nutes thats high in nitrogen? What nutes are you using for flower?

What strain is that?

For starters I wasn't even aware i had to do anything for Calcium, but i suppose i should use that CaMg+. And yes, the buds look very healthy and are covered in trichomes however the yellowing spots and veins worry me, plus the stems are red. But i know ive said this all before. I did the flush so I'm curious how long of a period it is before i know if the flush worked?? The nutrients i used are called FloraNova with a 4-8-7 ratio. Since the auto doesn't have a veg and flower stage and rather both exist at the same time I assumed that that nutrient would work and was even recommended it by the guy at the local hydro store. Lastly the strain is Auto-Hijack. I chose it for its strong genetics and parent strains which are AK-47 and Jack Herer. The seed bank said that it flowers for 10-12 weeks and reaches 70 to 90 cm tall, however my auto is only 14 inches tall and its in its 9th week of growth so i'm very confused. Any advice on that? Can they vary that much?

Have you been following the FloraNova schedule? After week 3 you give FloraNova Grow/bloom 2.5ml each per gallon. And then after that you will give bloom for the remainder flowering. The yellowing could be from a number of things. So you will need to upload pictures for that. I use FloraNova also plus CaMg+. How much per gallon are you using? Dont use Grow any more that could delay flowering and also growth. 5ml per gallon of CaMg+ will be fine. As for the growth, well that all depends on how far or close your lights are. If your light is fairly close then it will remain short with nice tight nodes which is a good thing. If you want it to stretch then raise your light more.

Alot of ppl dont respect the FloraNova series but most ppl dont know it has bat guano and alot of other good things in it that most good line ups dont have. And it works fairly well the same. I use other additives along with FloraNova, which are advanced nutrients additives.

Damn man. I feel stupid. thats probably why it hasnt grown any taller because my lights are very close to it... its to late now though as my plant will finish soon. Im pissed i totally forgot about them not growing taller if the lights are close to it... that makes so much sense though. And i havent even watered the plant since i did the flush which was 3 days ago. i suppose that is fine for now but i don't wanna water it with any more nutrients for awhile.. this plant doesnt even look like its gonna have an ounce on it. I feel like it hasn't grown for quite some time now so does that mean its done? As far as the doses of nutrients i used really good potting soil so i didnt start until 3 weeks ago and only gave it two waterings of nutrient, 1 gallon with a teaspoon of nutrient. not much at all...

No dont stop feeding her. Its all good mate. Most ppl would recommend tighter nodes vs a stretched out plant. Short plants will produce bigger and more dense buds. Thats a good thing. You can bump up the feed to 4ml bloom. She should do fine. Also there are great additives that will boost your buds also that you should use with the floranova series like kool bloom. That will have your buds huge and also pick up sweet raw or you can use store bought molasses. 1tbsp per gallon. That is for carbo hydrates. The more sugar the better for the plant. So I would suggest unsulphured molasses and kool bloom.

Thats another reason why your not liking your results so far. You havent been feeding much. During flowering plants need high levels of P & K. So start giving her 5ml of bloom then next week give her the same with those additives I suggested. How many more weeks you have left for flowering? Im not sure how autos work

Its hard to tell about how much she will produce. Are most her hairs amber, about 75%? If not then you can flower longer. Get those additives though. They will do you justice

Haha I've always read that molasses helps plants but i was never sure why, now i know haha. I'm gonna some up today at the store but what is kool bloom? is it a nutrient for flowering plants or just another additive that helps in addition to nutrients for flowering plants? And Autos are all fairly new and depend upon the strain but Hijack is supposed to last 10-12 weeks and im in my 10th week. I'd say that 50-60 percent of the pistils are amber on the plant so its almost done. I will probably only give it about another week or and then harvest it, however i am going to grow more autos as my results look promising from this one. You've been a great help WizHigh and i really appreciate it. Stick around though man cause im gonna post pictures of my harvest if you'd be interested. I think you'll be surprised how crystally the buds are and i'd def recommend at least trying an auto out for yourself if your a serious grower. the yield isn't much but they are just dwarfs of their parent strains and can still be quite potent not to mention how easy they are to grow.

Haha I used to use hygrowzyme.. how much do you use? and im drying my bud now. ill post pictures of it as soon as its done drying so like 3 days...

10-15 every watering? That seems like a lot.. is it nowhere near as strong as a nute solution? And i just spent like 20 dollars on this bottle of floranova so idk if I'd get the KoolBloom even though its tempting since you say it works. how much is it? And almost done drying so freaking excited!

10-15 every watering? That seems like a lot.. is it nowhere near as strong as a nute solution? And i just spent like 20 dollars on this bottle of floranova so idk if I'd get the KoolBloom even though its tempting since you say it works. how much is it? And almost done drying so freaking excited!

No its not something that will burn your plant. Its expensive stuff. But I use it like water but the plant benefits from it very well. As for the Kool Bloom I dont remember how much I paid for it. It shouldnt be more than 20 bucks. Theres other ferts that you can get from a garden store that are $5. I am getting this stuff called Jacks. Its an equal ratio of nutes. Good for veg and bloom. Kool Bloom is great for bud enhancers.

Back
Top Bottom