New grower, new to forum, not sure what is causing this

well, just in case i dont know what i am looking for, can a couple people post a few pictures of what amber tircomes look like? All i have ever seen in posts are nice looking buds with what appears to be clear tricomes, in all of the posts i have looked at, i have yet to see any amber tricomes from anyones harvest. I spent over two hours last night searching the forums for any picures that could show me any difference and the result was all clear tricomes. So i am still confused.

Thank you @Pennywise , I was able to find only 3 amber tricoms in the photo below
tricomes.jpeg

I marked them with orange circles 3 amber, 5 green circles are clear, and the 2 blue circles are cloudy. But the bottom line is the amber tricoms appear to be mostly a myth, and it is really about how long you can wait out your clear trichomes becoming cloudy, and if you see any indication of an amber tricome, it is already past its peak. In the many pictures of that montage, there was only one picture with ANY amber trichoms on it.
So I am really still not sure what people are talking about when it comes to 70 % amber tricomes, this picture appears to be talking more about the hairs or pistols rather than the trichomes.

It shows amber trichs clearly

Really? I see only the three I circled, and can not find any more on any of themany little pictures in that montage, all the pictures appear to have different levels of lighting which will make the tricomes appear to be a little bit darker but not a change in color from clear to amber. Not once on any of the pictures except the one in the corner that I circled.

So is there a better example? Because I still dont get the dark tricom thing yet. I can almost get my brain around the clear to cloudy tricoms, and some of them being like half and half, but the amber part still has me totally dumbfounded.

do you have loupe ?
you'll probably get it once you have a look at a live plant..

first thing is to get a loupe or other magnification so you can check proper.
personally recommend 30x or a little greater.

Well I plan to stay on it until I actually can spot any amber.:thumb::Namaste:

What I dont understand is how so many people say MOSTLY amber tricomes, even the pictures you sent showed very very few tricomes that had actually turned amber.:confused:

So I am reading this like...... If you can find an amber tricome anywhere on your plant, you are probably done and ALREADY into the heavy couch lock high with your weed. And if you harvest too early, you get almost nothing out of your weed,(clear trics) and if you are lucky enough to catch it Juuuuuuuuussst right with the "mostly cloudy" trics and a few clear, you will be fine for that SOARING psychotic high (Assuming you plant has those qualities in the first place).:cheer:

I certainly know the difference between a BODY high and a HEAD High, and I am trying to get that perfect HEAD high as opposed to the typical Indica Stone that everyone seems to like nowadays.

Since nothing appears to be like the Columbian Gold or the Panama Red or the Thai Sticks of the mid 70s, I hope to get some of those old Landraces before Christmas, I was merly hoping to understand how to weed out some of the couch lock in my plants that ARE NOT of pure Landrace genetics. :peace:

My two cents... bugs for sure. Either aphids or russet mites. I had this happen on my last grow. ALL my plants had these spots along with silvery streaks. Was told to harvest what I could and bleach the hell out of the room and surrounding rooms to kill all the eggs and larvae. I’m still in the process of doing this but I’m pretty sure that is what you have here. Some type of bug problem. Russet mites are nearly impossible to get rid of. I even bought a bunch of preditor mites to eat them and I think they switch sides cause nothing has changed haha. Owell. Part of growing I guess.

@Sask420grow , well I do appreciate the response, however that problem you are referring to is most assuredly not a bug problem, but I can see how you might think that. The problem was resolved with a solid flushing of the soil with 50 gallons of water per plant about 3 weeks back. The plants are now near harvest with no additional nutrient issues so far, I am back to applying Mega Crop fertilizer (free by mail order from greenleaf nutrients) (they will send you a free 500 gram sample ( about 1 lb worth and it is enought for a couple of small grows, just to let you see how good it is) There is even a mega crop thread worth viewing when you have the time. :thanks:

It took me a while, with my 60x magnifier, to really get a good idea of what trichomes look like. Then one day it was like, aaahhhh, there they are. For some reason, they came into focus all of a sudden. It's a beautiful thing.

@BigD13 yeah I have a 30 power loup and a 60 power loup and a 100 -1000 power microscope, all work well, my problem is everyone keeps asking in many threads "Am I ready to harvest" and people answer with "check your trics" but when I look at all the pictures, I almost never see any amber trichs on them, My plants are starting their 10th week of flowering tomorrow and I dont even have a single amber trichom on a leaf much less on the buds, so I was beginning to start asking questions . I am growing White Widow and it is usually 8 to 9 weeks of flowering, so nothing about this grow seems to be following the breeders writeup.

So, are yours mostly or all cloudy?

So, do you have a WiFi microscope? How do you like it?

@BigD13 I am not sure, I have :
Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, Mini Camera with OTG Adapter and Metal Stand, Compatible with Mac Window 7 8 10 Android Linux

You can google search that for a link, I like it, it works well for buds that are picked and you can place them under the scope while the scope is on the stand, it also works handheld on the live buds on the plant, but the snapping of a picture makes it difficult to use without moving during the snap. You have to hold the bud stationary and the camera perfectly still and then use the little button on the cord with a third hand to snap the picture, or snap it on your phone, but either way , you need a third hand for a good picture, so I use my loop most often.

So yours is attached by a cord to your computer? The ones I've been looking at connect to your phone or tablet via WiFi. Amazon has a bunch anywhere from about $25-$50. I'm still debating if I want Santa to bring me one for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom