New Grower on the Block; could use some HELP! :) Much Appreciated!

AndrewA89

:welcome: HI new Grower on the Block! Could use some Help!? Well I'll just let you guys know my plan and I'll let the proffesionals do the editing. Any tips would be appreciated!

So I'm going to buy a 5X5X6"7' Tent From Discount Hydroponics.
Silver Edition HydroHut - Discount Hydroponics
Growing my plants in the Water Farm Hydroponics System with 8 water Farms, Resovior(13 Gallons+8 Gallon Controller Kit) Each indiviual WaterFarm holds 2 Galloons themselves...

Question #1 I heard the rule of thumb was that for each foot you would need 1 Gallon. So the Waterfarm it being 2 Gallons would only support a 2 ft plant, right? Well with the resovoir included and Control Kit could I in theory maybe grow my plants 5FT?

Alright...So the Lights I'll be using are 2 600Watt HPS Bulbs. Each Light for 4 Plants...that's 150 Watts on each plant...... Any suggestions??

So I'm not sure what the Blowers are for? I think you connect them to the Lights? Please could anyone explain in great detail what they are used for and how you connect them!?
I've seen most 3X3X5 grow rooms come with a 6" blower.... Was thinking maybe I should get 2 6" Blowers for both Lights.....That's if they connect to the lights....Yeah, Pretty much confused on the whole Blowers..

FILTERS? So are they used to get rid of the smell? Are they required? If so what size would be great for my Grow room? 5X5X6"7. Seen a 3X3X5 come with a 6" so I'm assuming two??

Also ducsts?! How many would I need and what exactly do I connect them to? The lights?.....using common sense... Assuming they're used to extract the heat the lights produce.... I found a 6" Insulated Duct. Would that suffice?
C.A.P. Fully Insulated Air Duct - Discount Hydroponics

Also for cO2 I was going to buy two of these bags
CO2 Boost Buddy - Discount Hydroponics
Claim they produce enough CO2 for a 4X4 Grow room... Thinking two would be great for a 5X5.. Just like a person could never have enough oxygen a plant co2.... OR am I totally wrong and are they going to die from Carbon dioxide poisening?
Would I be better off with a CO2 Tank??? What are your thought???

Fianlly... How the heck do the light levi's work? Is there a frame in the tent? How do I hold them?
Last.. My Growing Schedule

First Month
Going to buy top grade Clones from Dispensaries hoping them to be very young.
growing 8 Clones 5 Weeks Straight in my Waterfarm Hydrop System to acheive 5 Five in Hieght.
If they grow two inches a day the'yll reach five feet prox 4 weeks and 2 Days.

2nd Month.
Once Plants Reach 5Ft in Height I'm going to feed them a Height numbing nuet that stops them completly growing in height but not from width. SO during the second month I want my plants to grow in thickness and more leaves. giving em a solid 4 weeks(4 feet to grow in width).

3rd Month
First Week I'll Transplant my Plants from the WaterFarms to a 5 Gallon Soil Mixed Pot on the second day. First giving em Root Shock Transplant Nuets readying them for the big move to soil. Giving them a solid week to Rest in thier new meduim. Might actually do this in the last week of the second month. Once the plants recouporate from the transplanting I'll cut the light cycle from 18/6 to 12/12 to start flowering my plants.
Thinking of either feeding them Rosebud on the first day to force them to Flower or leaving my plants in complete darkness for 36 Hours.... Anyone have suggestions? this bad or good? just just switching the lights from 12/12 would excite them to florwer quickly?? or would the 36 hours of darkness be perfect to jump start them naturally....or rosebud just as good?

4th Month dedicated to Flowering.
12/12 Cycle.

So what do you guys think?!?!? Good for a newbie? lots of holes?! Help?>! Totally coming from the top of my head and what I've seen from pictures and read from other posts. Starting to save up now...hoping to buy all my equipment in three months top.

My Theory is if I Veg my Plants in a Hydro system it would have a great advantage over soil because it Explodes Root Growth. I'm sure it'll reach five feet in no time. Giving it a second month to grow in thickness and to bushen. For Flowering I'm thinking Soil would be best to give it a great tase and potency.
so 2 months Hydro 2 Months Soil.

The Soil I'm going to use will be this

Roots Organics Potting Soil - Discount Hydroponics
10 Gallon Bag but I'll be dviding it with two 5 Gallon Pots..
Comes with a great mix including Perlite.

Was thinking of adding Silcia Stones at the very bottom for extra drainage.

Now another Question... Would there be any problems transplanting from my hydrop system to soil? damaging root wise...
Also since there'es 8 plants and 1200 Watts I'm guessing it'll be a good yeild :)???!!
Aiming for a LB each plant.
Also I was thinking of buying those 100 Watt Flourescent bulbs and sticking them sorta beneath the plant but above the pots. so they shine the complete underside of the plant.
2 bulbs for each four plants. I'll stick each one in the middle of each 4. Sould like an awesome idea? so extra lumens on top and extra lumens in the bottom!?

Anyone help would be much appreaicted!:thanks::circle-of-love:

Starting this project now! In three Months tops I shall have all my equipment. Enough time to study :)!!!
SO of course those who help could have the fun follwing me as I update my growths and progress of my plants... It'll be an awesome 420 experiences! :)

Hi Andrew

So I'm going to buy a 5X5X6"7' Tent From Discount Hydroponics.
Silver Edition HydroHut - Discount Hydroponics
Growing my plants in the Water Farm Hydroponics System with 8 water Farms, Resovior(13 Gallons+8 Gallon Controller Kit) Each indiviual WaterFarm holds 2 Galloons themselves...

Question #1 I heard the rule of thumb was that for each foot you would need 1 Gallon. So the Waterfarm it being 2 Gallons would only support a 2 ft plant, right? Well with the resovoir included and Control Kit could I in theory maybe grow my plants 5FT?

your tent sounds fine. I use a 4.5 x 4.5 x 6.5 tent and hqve grow 10 4.5 ft plants in it at one time with no probs at all. As for 2 gallons only supporting 2ft plants this isnt quite true. Ive used 2 gallon pails b4 and the plants were all 4ft+.

Alright...So the Lights I'll be using are 2 600Watt HPS Bulbs. Each Light for 4 Plants...that's 150 Watts on each plant...... Any suggestions??

Sounds good for 8 plants. I have done 8 plants under 1 600w hps and it turned out good but the more lummens the better.

So I'm not sure what the Blowers are for? I think you connect them to the Lights? Please could anyone explain in great detail what they are used for and how you connect them!?
I've seen most 3X3X5 grow rooms come with a 6" blower.... Was thinking maybe I should get 2 6" Blowers for both Lights.....That's if they connect to the lights....Yeah, Pretty much confused on the whole Blowers..

These are for air circulation, heat and odor control. I have my 8 inch fan hooked up to both of my 600w light hoods to reduce the heat. The output is connected to a carbon filter to scrub the smell out of the air.

FILTERS? So are they used to get rid of the smell? Are they required? If so what size would be great for my Grow room? 5X5X6"7. Seen a 3X3X5 come with a 6" so I'm assuming two??

I only use 1 filter. Its 26 inches long and 12 inches wide and works great.

Also ducsts?! How many would I need and what exactly do I connect them to? The lights?.....using common sense... Assuming they're used to extract the heat the lights produce.... I found a 6" Insulated Duct. Would that suffice?
C.A.P. Fully Insulated Air Duct - Discount Hydroponics

Also for cO2 I was going to buy two of these bags
CO2 Boost Buddy - Discount Hydroponics
Claim they produce enough CO2 for a 4X4 Grow room... Thinking two would be great for a 5X5.. Just like a person could never have enough oxygen a plant co2.... OR am I totally wrong and are they going to die from Carbon dioxide poisening?
Would I be better off with a CO2 Tank??? What are your thought???

Google duct setup. Google knows everything :thumb:. I have never used co2 personally but my buddies swear by it.

Fianlly... How the heck do the light levi's work? Is there a frame in the tent? How do I hold them?

wtf is a light levi?????

Last.. My Growing Schedule

Keep in mind that the clones you buy are already mature females. Your time line maybe way to long for clones. For seed it seems ok tho. Why transplant from hydro to soil? I dont understand why you'd want to do this. Imo hydro is easier than soil once you have it all dialed in. Be sure to get yourself a ph meter and a ppm meter. you will need both. Also your tent is 6.7 feet high. our lights will hang down leaving you about 5 ft of height to work with.

good luck and have fun

btw andrew 1 lb for each plant indoor is really optimistic imo. My record is 6 ounces dry from 1 plant in my dwc setup. She was a 4.5 foot plant that hada crown of the thickest, stickiest buds I had ever seen. Im sure peeps here have had better results than me but i was real happy with the 6 ounces i got :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom