New grower, outside questions

addision

I'm not sure which forum to post this too so if the Admins read this can you move it to the correct forum.

My wife is getting her prescription and card here in SoCal because she has cancer. The law is 6 mature/ 12 immature etc.

So I have a couple questions.

One is... should we plant outside or inside? I have an acre of land so it is feasible that we could grow outside. Would growing one or two plants outside generate more than a half dozen inside? What about mixing inside and out? (I haven't been around this in 20 years so please be nice)

Another question is of legal nature. If we grow outside and there are many buds, how do we conform to the law that she can only have 8. oz.? Is it only considered 8 0z. when it is dried and then pulled from the stem? So in effect we could let it hang until she clips off 8 oz. of bud (in theory).

I appreciate all helpful comments.

Thanks.

you might be able to get a couple plants outside and result in a harvest, but at this time it would be cutting it very close. little too late to put seedlings out now. in general outside plants get larger and yield more due to there being a longer grow season outdoors and higher lumen output from the sun, that being said you can recreate the outdoors inside by giving plants a longer veg time and more light. id say that growing indoors will be your best option. you can have more control over how the plants grow and it'll help get you some experience for next years growing season.
as of legal nature, i am no lawyer but from my understanding the 8 oz. describes the amount of finished and usable marijuana, but then again cops can be douches over anything.
good luck with getting your plants started. hope your wife gets better, the bud should help:Rasta:

Since it's so late in the season, imo you'd be ahead by concentrating your resources on an indoor grow setup to get some relatively quick yield with autoflowers. That'll give you time to properly plan your outdoor grow for next season with fencing, soil prep (best done in the fall) and complete the necessary leaning curve before choosing seeds and starting germination.

Good thoughts on taking the time to set up for next year rather than trying to go outside this year.

I will look into the the autoflowers for a quicker jump start. I appreciate your responses. I got some free plants from my cousin and I've been reading voraciously.

Thank you.

Good thoughts on taking the time to set up for next year rather than trying to go outside this year.

I will look into the the autoflowers for a quicker jump start. I appreciate your responses. I got some free plants from my cousin and I've been reading voraciously.

Thank you.

As you'll learn from your research, starting early and doing it right next year in your climate should reward you with 2-pounders.

Back
Top Bottom