New grower, plant concern

NewGrow2019

420 Member
I have a few plants and almost half have leaves twisting, some starting to shape like an L, and did so in less then 24 hours. Five days old, fox farm ocean forest soil, t5 Ho bulbs set 30 inches up, soil watered with distilled @5.9 ph run off. I am leaning on heat being the ac quit while I was gone for the day and room was 92 degrees when I got home, assuming 12+ hours. Might not be that, just a guess. If someone could let me know their thoughts and best option for healthy recovery, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20190627_214717721.jpg
    IMG_20190627_214717721.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 34
The pH value of your runoff means absolutely nothing... the important thing is the pH of the fluids in. But anyway... pH is not very critical at this point in the grow. Part of the twist is what happens when a plant finds itself having to grow out of a cave to find the light. Next time, fill the cup all the way to the top and this won't happen. Also, bring your t5ho light down to about a foot away and only then you will have enough light. Plants outside see 92° all the time... that is not it.

Thanks for the welcome and appreciate the reply. The picture is kind of deceiving, the soil is a half inch from top and leaves are higher then top of cup. Not saying your reply isn't correct because it probably is. I don't usually fill cup to top to avoid run over when water and some fill space for stretching. Next time I'll leave minimum space at top. These should recover and get to growing right? Thank you for the conversation.

Thanks for the welcome and appreciate the reply. The picture is kind of deceiving, the soil is a half inch from top and leaves are higher then top of cup. Not saying your reply isn't correct because it probably is. I don't usually fill cup to top to avoid run over when water and some fill space for stretching. Next time I'll leave minimum space at top. These should recover and get to growing right? Thank you for the conversation.
yep, you will be fine... i really dont see a problem other than your t5's being way too far away, even at this stage.

yep, you will be fine... i really dont see a problem other than your t5's being way too far away, even at this stage.
Thank you for the advice. I did move the lights down and the room this morning is 79 degrees/60% RH, normally is between 75-82 degrees depending on light or dark cycle. Some of the leaves this morning do have have tips slightly curled up. Hope over the next couple days they straighten up. Again, thank you.

Wanted to say thank you again with an update. About 10 days later and I will be moving to larger pots tomorrow. I added a half tsb of calcium I make from my chicken eggs and an 1/8 tsb of Epson to a gal of water and gave them that twice and they have been noticing growing daily. I've also been moving the lights up 5 inches everytime the fan leaves are preying half way through light cycle. They got their first dose of big bloom yesterday, so far taking it well. Things look good. Again, a big thank you Emily, I've attached a pic from today, day 16 from germination.

Attachments

• 12788.jpeg
    12788.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom