New Grower Question Autoflowers

A

Avid Smoker

Hey so this is my first post but I've been researching on here for awhile. So my questions are how many watts should I use in veg stage and what about for flowering? Will fox farms oceanic potting soil work well throughout the entire growth of the plant? Will ff trio nutes do well for feeding? I also heard not to transplant autos is this true? If so do I germ them then put in 3 gal pots. My grow room set up is a 5x3.5x6 closet with Mylar on the walls and will only be planting 2 Auto Candy Kush. Was thinking of using a 400 watt mh for veg and a 1000 watt hps for flower. Is this optimal for growth or is my lighting wrong , and will the 400 watt stretch my plants. Thankyou for the help in advance I've been stressing over this for awhile

Hey so this is my first post :welcome:
but I've been researching on here for awhile. So my questions are how many watts should I use in veg stage and what about for flowering? More than you have. :)
Will fox farms oceanic potting soil work well throughout the entire growth of the plant? Its pretty hot for a seedlings.Can you put something with no nutes in the germ area of soil?.
Will ff trio nutes do well for feeding? yes. MODERETLY. THEY ARE TOUCHY I also heard not to transplant autos is this true? Pretty much yes. I have and its ding fine but I get lucky alot. :wood:
If so do I germ them then put in 3 gal pots. If yuou can germ in final resting spot, DO SO.
My grow room set up is a 5x3.5x6 closet with Mylar on the walls and will only be planting 2 Auto Candy Kush. Was thinking of using a 400 watt mh for veg and a 1000 watt hps for flower. Is this optimal for growth or is my lighting wrong , and will the 400 watt stretch my plants. Its Perfect.Thankyou for the help in advance I've been stressing over this for awhile

:) welcome to 420 sir. :):) Just giving my opinions, im not an expert. :peace:

First of all welcome!

Okay let's start from the beginning. You want to use those high wattages for your closet that is cool that you can afford that. What is more important, have you considered ventilation? 1000 watts in that grow tent might be a little much. I wouldn't go over 600 watts. It still will be important for you to ventilate the heat out of there or you will overheat the plant. Now just so you know, you can veg 2 plants at 80 watts, it's the flowering period which really benefits from the higher wattages. You need to be able to penetrate the canopy of each plant to get the best yield out of the plant.

Some people say that FF ocean is too hot for seedlings, myself and other people use it with no repercussions thus far. I have bought ff Nutes but haven't used them yet, but they have come greatly recommended unless you are going organic.

I would start in a 16 oz solo cup, or pot of equivalent size, about 2 or 3 weeks into veg, you can transplant it into the pot you want to grow it in.

I hope I answered your questions, anymore feel free to ask!

One suggestion. Use bio-degradable starter pots for sprouting and vegging start. When ready pot and all go into larger pot. No stress on the girls. IMO the only way to fly. Have never lost one this way. KISS works again.

Peace & Great Growin`
YR

Back
Top Bottom