New grower ready to learn!

I’m actually unsure if a hermied plant with release and pollinate other plants or not. If you were talking about moving a male plant out then I’d understand, best thing for a male if your not keeping for pollen, is to just kill immediately, once pollen is released it can travel for miles putting everyone’s plants in danger in the area. But hermie plants I’m unsure, because they don’t necessarily have pollen to release, they got the pollen from somewhere and has produced seeds somehow. Need to figure out where it came from, and or maybe the plants just had bad genetics.. :hmmmm:

Let’s feel out some more comments:popcorn:

I’m actually unsure if a hermied plant with release and pollinate other plants or not. If you were talking about moving a male plant out then I’d understand, best thing for a male if your not keeping for pollen, is to just kill immediately, once pollen is released it can travel for miles putting everyone’s plants in danger in the area. But hermie plants I’m unsure, because they don’t necessarily have pollen to release, they got the pollen from somewhere and has produced seeds somehow. Need to figure out where it came from, and or maybe the plants just had bad genetics.. :hmmmm:

Let’s feel out some more comments:popcorn:

I feel like it was heat stress. Got to 120F a couoke times briefly. I had one time over watered them getting to antsy to do stuff in the greenhouse.

I feel like it was heat stress. Got to 120F a couoke times briefly. I had one time over watered them getting to antsy to do stuff in the greenhouse.

The heat, may be the culprit, 120 is effing hot! 49 Celsius, that’s just stupid hot!!

Over watering shouldn’t do anything except making the plant droop so that shouldn’t have been a main cause.

The heat, may be the culprit, 120 is effing hot! 49 Celsius, that’s just stupid hot!!

Over watering shouldn’t do anything except making the plant droop so that shouldn’t have been a main cause.

Yeah it happened quite briefly and has sst around 100 here and there when in the 30 outside. I do move the air with 3 fans all day long. So at least it isn't just stale air.

Learned my lesson with regards to how hot they get.

I would do indoor but no room.

Will modifying the home made greenhouse next year.

Indoor can battle that problem we’ll as long as you have an ac. Here in Alberta Canada it’s not un heard of to see close to the 40’s but not very often so battling the heat inside the house is a battle as well. We don’t have an ac either. We have a longer winter then a summer so the amount of hot days sometimes doesn’t warrant me buying one. Although we used to live in a basement suite and it was nice and cool down there all summer long. Now we’re in our house that we bought, we actually have an upstairs, and boy does it get HOT up there!! May be time to buy an ac, you know to help the plants and maybe allow us to have a good nights rest along the way lol

Indoor can battle that problem we’ll as long as you have an ac. Here in Alberta Canada it’s not un heard of to see close to the 40’s but not very often so battling the heat inside the house is a battle as well. We don’t have an ac either. We have a longer winter then a summer so the amount of hot days sometimes doesn’t warrant me buying one. Although we used to live in a basement suite and it was nice and cool down there all summer long. Now we’re in our house that we bought, we actually have an upstairs, and boy does it get HOT up there!! May be time to buy an ac, you know to help the plants and maybe allow us to have a good nights rest along the way lol

Yeah i am just next door in sk. It has been hot as f this past bit. And cool nights. Not sure when to put heat on to keep them warmer than the outside over night temp. Been turning it on at 15C or less.

This is the juice i feed them only once so far. Trying to keep it simple and just grow healthy plants.

I will probably try something more potent as far as giving nutrients for my second run of autos. Fiund some stuff at Peavy that seems to be ideal for and likely designed for cannabis from the directions on the back. I will see if I can find the brand and pull folks if they have tried it.

Yeah i am just next door in sk. It has been hot as f this past bit. And cool nights. Not sure when to put heat on to keep them warmer than the outside over night temp. Been turning it on at 15C or less.

Oh crazy! I thought you were in the states!! Cool! Nice to see so many Canadians here! Yeah we’ve got a weird window for growing outside, as our summers aren’t very long, and it cools off so much at night. Next year I plan on trying an auto outside as I’ve tried photos before But winter (fall) sets in so early here I found it was too short of a season for it. It didn’t even start flowering before I had to give it away, as it got too cold. Then it ended up getting thrips. Never know what happened to her.

I buy my nutrients from peavey mart:ciao:

They’ve worked amazing for me!

Swing on by to my journal and check out my grows. It’s located in my signature below.

Three part system, easy peasy! Worked great for me!:thumb:

Those are the nutrients I want to try actually!. Glad to hear they worked so well for you. Yeah I think i will pushing it for my photos but maybe I can work in a clone or two or 4 for indoors if the space can be made.

I feel like I can run enough heat and keep some thermal mass heat later than just outdoors for sure.

Fingers crossed I get a few photos to turn out with nice buds they have had a healthy veg. My 7.5' height may be shy of what it needs. Should a guy try topping them at the height they are?

Oh crazy! I thought you were in the states!! Cool! Nice to see so many Canadians here! Yeah we’ve got a weird window for growing outside, as our summers aren’t very long, and it cools off so much at night. Next year I plan on trying an auto outside as I’ve tried photos before But winter (fall) sets in so early here I found it was too short of a season for it. It didn’t even start flowering before I had to give it away, as it got too cold. Then it ended up getting thrips. Never know what happened to her.

I buy my nutrients from peavey mart:ciao:

They’ve worked amazing for me!

Swing on by to my journal and check out my grows. It’s located in my signature below.

Three part system, easy peasy! Worked great for me!:thumb:

Replied tonyounin main thread still getting he hang if this.

"Am i correct that those did Bernie on me the way the bud I bulbous sorta."

Sorry Growing but what does this mean?

I am
"Am i correct that those did Bernie on me the way the bud I bulbous sorta."

Sorry Growing but what does this mean?

I had a auto correct from hermie to Bernie.

I found one plant with nanners. And I am seeing seeds now in the auto flower plants. So of course i am worried that they are all going to seed. And all went hermie on me.

I have photos also growing that I am concerned will all produce seeds when they start to flower.

I honestly dont know what they should look like at this point of flower.

They all had white pistols. They turned brown and now the "bulbs" are pushing out more white pistols.

I am wondering if the bulbs are Male parts. The new hairs are males producing pollen.

Ate a weed cookie and battling to type my thoughts. Haha.

so in the end doni need to remove all the autos to give the photos a chance?

And do I just terminate them with maybe a week or two of flower left is my guess.

Ya you might want to look at the trichs to see how close they are. Might be worth chopping to minimize the possibility of more seed being produced and than do a big clean in the tent. Before you jump on it, hopefully we’ll get some more comments here to see what everybody else thinks too.

The main colas do kind of look funny, but I don’t see any sign of pollen sacks. Unless I missed them somewhere:hmmmm:

Just saw this response. Yeah they look different from any pictures I have seen. The early miss looks the most like I imagined they should look.

I didn't think for sure it was pollen sacks but again it is a first eveything I see happen. Thought maybe that it was just early flower stage still then it would get more dense.

I did see a touch of amber trich on the with lots of nanners. I am ready to try it now and end the nanner picking.

If you have plants that are already starting to form seeds you've got a choice either keep them and separate the seeds (keep in mind they'll still have SOME THC in them, remember what we used to get in the 70's) or trash them. As I've said before I've never had the issue but I recall, the first indicator is the formation of balls at the branch/stem nodes, if you wait for them to reach a banana "nanners" shape it may be too late to stop pollination. This sexing tutorial with pics might help.
How to Tell Sex of Cannabis Plants (with Pictures) | Grow Weed Easy

Back
Top Bottom