New grower saying hi

DelBoyLdn

Hello all, another Canadian (south west Ontario) new to the growing process. I was introduced to this forum by @seedlingmtl and the wealth of information on here is amazing. Thanks to everyone that has helped build this resource and for the benefit it provides for people like me. Hopefully I can give something back.

I have the Promix, Doc Buds High Brix Kit and the Wiggle Worm castings so I'm just about to get that cooking.

The plan is to grow plants that are predominantly CBD and make oil so @seedlingmtl suggested I read @SweetSue's posts. As you know there's one thread that is over 370 pages and 7,000 posts so I'll be back in about 2 years to start my grow journal :)

I have space in the basement to build something like an 8 x 3 (or bigger) grow 'closet' so any input on that versus buying a tent would be welcome. Info on reflective paint (if needed or on alternate liner material) and what lighting would be best would also be a tremendous help. I mentioned the possibility of bigger grow closet because I also like the idea of being able to harvest a tomato that tastes like a tomato in our winter - are there any negatives to growing something else in there?

Looking forward to this journey.

Welcome Delboy, panda film makes a good home made space to grow in. You can make the space any size you want with it. Look at our sponsor Mars Hydro for affordable lighting. @SmokeSara is their rep here. Looking forward to your first journal.

Welcome to 420 Magazine DelBoyLdn.
Lots of members here grow what seem to be labeled as "Companion Plants" along with their Cannabis. Some do it as a deterrent to pests as some plants can ward off some bugs. Others seem to do it just to have a little something more as you seem to be interested in.
Lots of great info here. The search function is your best friend, and when you can't find what you need it's usually just a quick question away from the other members.

Yup....this is the place! Whenever you are gonna start the soil cook head over to the journal and start one up.

Super excited you are gonna have a DBHBB CBD garden going....now I don't need to figure out how to fit CBD plants into my lineup! :rofl:

Less than an hour and you got @Pennywise suggesting some great lighting choices. We already discussed the TS1000 from Mars....but depending on the space you decide, one of the other lights they have might be a better option.

I would skip the tent and use the panda film as suggested. I like having the vertical space, and it is less cash you need to spend on gear.

Welcome DelBoyldn, if you are looking for lights in your 3x8 or 4x8 space, you can check our SP 250 out, We now have stock in Canada, and we will have Black Friday Sales soon, keep an eye on our thread. :)

Welcome Delboy, panda film makes a good home made space to grow in. You can make the space any size you want with it. Look at our sponsor Mars Hydro for affordable lighting. @SmokeSara is their rep here. Looking forward to your first journal.

Thanks for the welcome and advice. Hadn’t considered panda film because I got fixated on building a wooden box and painting the inside walls.

Welcome to 420 Magazine DelBoyLdn.
Lots of members here grow what seem to be labeled as "Companion Plants" along with their Cannabis. Some do it as a deterrent to pests as some plants can ward off some bugs. Others seem to do it just to have a little something more as you seem to be interested in.
Lots of great info here. The search function is your best friend, and when you can't find what you need it's usually just a quick question away from the other members.

Thanks for the welcome and advice on searching for companion plants. Lots of reading to do.

Yup....this is the place! Whenever you are gonna start the soil cook head over to the journal and start one up.

Super excited you are gonna have a DBHBB CBD garden going....now I don't need to figure out how to fit CBD plants into my lineup! :rofl:

Less than an hour and you got @Pennywise suggesting some great lighting choices. We already discussed the TS1000 from Mars....but depending on the space you decide, one of the other lights they have might be a better option.

I would skip the tent and use the panda film as suggested. I like having the vertical space, and it is less cash you need to spend on gear.

Soil cook will start in the next few days. Just need to buy some water and re-arrange a few things to be able to get it off the ground.

Agreed, some good advice already. You’d need a bigger space to fit anything else in your line up :)

Thanks for the welcome and tip about the BF sale. How many of those lights would be needed for an 8 x 3 or 8 x 4 space?
I think two would be good. Each light covers 2x4 in bloom.

Back
Top Bottom